Author Topic: Steppin' away from the game..  (Read 1548 times)

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Steppin' away from the game..
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »

Just found out this past Friday that my time in NoDak is quickly winding down. After summer practicum, I will be shipped down to Omaha, NE in middle to late September to begin rotations.

This is welcome news. There's only so much excitement that this tundra can hold, so I'm happy to be changing things up a bit in the near future. Anyone have any experience in/around Omaha? If so, what can you tell me? I've been doing a little bit to look into the area, but some extra input never hurts.

Quit with y'all today.

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
Day 126.

Looking back on this, my meager introduction, and having been away from it for so long makes me truly appreciate all of the support that I received from you all as I began my journey with KTC. I am so incredibly thankful to have found this environment and all of the wonderful people that had already been occupying it.

Keep quit and keep carryin' on everyone. It truly is a pleasure to kick this bitch right in the poop chute each and every day with all of you. From now on I plan to get in here more often and let you all delve into my thoughts. Nothing special, just a kid with shit on his mind that's better left here.

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Leahy16
Quote from: ChewCrewRetiree
Survived the huge weekend, and most importantly I survived it quit. That's 7 days quit now, and also my first weekend survived. Anyone else make it through their first big milestone this weekend? We're beating this bastard together.
Nice work Crew. You're gaining momentum which is what makes this easier from one day to the next. One week is big...Day 8 is even bigger. You got this!!!
Thanks leahy! Made it through and on to day 8 now. Appreciate the support!

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Survived the huge weekend, and most importantly I survived it quit. That's 7 days quit now, and also my first weekend survived. Anyone else make it through their first big milestone this weekend? We're beating this bastard together.
Nice work Crew. You're gaining momentum which is what makes this easier from one day to the next. One week is big...Day 8 is even bigger. You got this!!!
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »
Been a long day at the school. Lot of meetings, classes, tests, everything. Stressful friday all around, but now time to unwind a little bit, hit up a hockey game and see what the night brings.

Still hangin in there my brothers, have no fear! Thanks everybody.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: whoireallyam
Going steady so far. The urges are always there obviously, and I understand that comes with it. One point in particular tonight where one of my fair friends (who wasn't aware of my quit) found me in the study cave and tried to get me to have a pinch but I fired right back at him and brushed the mouth shit away.

Considering thirsty Thursday tonight, but currently leaning towards not going for it. It's already going to be a rough weekend, so I think a 3-day bender would be a bad option.

This weekend is going to be a big test for me, seeing as how it's my first real weekend on a quit and such. I have alarms set each of the next three mornings reminding me to post roll call. I know that with the motivation and support I receive from you all, I too can kick the shit. Soo glad to have discovered this place.
Keep up the quit. I quit last Sunday as well so I am right with you. You are doing great. Do whatever you have to over the weekend. Reach out to KTC if you hit a rough patch.
I'll be checkin in with you fellers throughout the course of the weekend, you can count on it.
You're going at this thing with a winning spirit. So far, you've made good progress:

Made good decision to skip thirsty Thursday.......... CHECK
Made sure roll posting is a top weekend prority...... CHECK
Vowed to maintain contact with KTC brohters......... CHECK

Make sure you've got a plan ready for whent he craves hit. Reach out when you need to.

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Quote from: whoireallyam
Going steady so far. The urges are always there obviously, and I understand that comes with it. One point in particular tonight where one of my fair friends (who wasn't aware of my quit) found me in the study cave and tried to get me to have a pinch but I fired right back at him and brushed the mouth shit away.

Considering thirsty Thursday tonight, but currently leaning towards not going for it. It's already going to be a rough weekend, so I think a 3-day bender would be a bad option.

This weekend is going to be a big test for me, seeing as how it's my first real weekend on a quit and such. I have alarms set each of the next three mornings reminding me to post roll call. I know that with the motivation and support I receive from you all, I too can kick the shit. Soo glad to have discovered this place.
Keep up the quit. I quit last Sunday as well so I am right with you. You are doing great. Do whatever you have to over the weekend. Reach out to KTC if you hit a rough patch.
I'll be checkin in with you fellers throughout the course of the weekend, you can count on it.

Offline whoireallyam

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »

Welcome ChewCrew! You are 100% correct about a three day bender being a bad idea..Early quit coupled with alcohol= dangerous territory. It's a judgement impaired thing. Better to stay sober and stay quit. You can do this. Freedom is right around the corner.

Glad to be quit with you,

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Syndrome
man i forgot to ask. are you up round them stripperers make but loads a cash? man i here some a those chicks pull down like 1500 on a slow nite. man i bet they got mega hot stripperers just waitin to work in that kind a place.
Haha, the strips are out on the western side of the state, so no, I don't roll with that crew. But as of the lastest reports, they're actually coming out of the clubs at night with 2-3 grand! There's been chicks flying up from Vegas just to stay and work for a few weeks at a time.. That's how big of a killing they're making.

And I already did most of my reading before puttin up this here intro, but just moments ago I got the first roll call up!
well man you just keep postin up roll with me and we wont have any problems. and man if you need any thing you let old syndrome no.
Roger that, thank you very much Mr. syndrome!

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
man i forgot to ask. are you up round them stripperers make but loads a cash? man i here some a those chicks pull down like 1500 on a slow nite. man i bet they got mega hot stripperers just waitin to work in that kind a place.
Haha, the strips are out on the western side of the state, so no, I don't roll with that crew. But as of the lastest reports, they're actually coming out of the clubs at night with 2-3 grand! There's been chicks flying up from Vegas just to stay and work for a few weeks at a time.. That's how big of a killing they're making.

And I already did most of my reading before puttin up this here intro, but just moments ago I got the first roll call up!
well man you just keep postin up roll with me and we wont have any problems. and man if you need any thing you let old syndrome no.

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »