Author Topic: Took 14 years, but I quit on 5/26  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Took 14 years, but I quit on 5/26
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Quote from: GlennFtheKodiak
Quote from: Grosstr99
You guys rock - thanks a ton for the immediate and overwhelming support.  I told my wife that I got bitched out online and had to stop the gum given how convincing everyone is, and then she was concerned about the cash I had spent on the gum ($40).  Didn't have the heart to tell her that was only a week of dip.

Anyway, I went and bought some polar ice gum, bought a couple of new CDs to listen to, have some water, and a bunch of fruit.  Here's to a long(er) life and freedom from the mud.  Am I supposed to update this every day?
LOL, no please don't. Kidding. you can do what you want, just make sure you post roll EVERYDAY!

some people use this section as sort of a "journal" highlighting or reporting on certain days/milestones in their quits. Others use it more infrequently just to post random news, feelings, updates on their lives. Still others like me just use it as you know a fucking "Introduction" and then just move on. LMAO, i crack myself up.

sorry cant help it in one of those moods today. Fuck everybody if they can't take a joke. but glad you are quit.
Nice job Grosstr! That's the way to kick the bitch to the curb! Congratulations on the best decision of your life.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
You guys rock - thanks a ton for the immediate and overwhelming support. I told my wife that I got bitched out online and had to stop the gum given how convincing everyone is, and then she was concerned about the cash I had spent on the gum ($40). Didn't have the heart to tell her that was only a week of dip.

Anyway, I went and bought some polar ice gum, bought a couple of new CDs to listen to, have some water, and a bunch of fruit. Here's to a long(er) life and freedom from the mud. Am I supposed to update this every day?
LOL, no please don't. Kidding. you can do what you want, just make sure you post roll EVERYDAY!

some people use this section as sort of a "journal" highlighting or reporting on certain days/milestones in their quits. Others use it more infrequently just to post random news, feelings, updates on their lives. Still others like me just use it as you know a fucking "Introduction" and then just move on. LMAO, i crack myself up.

sorry cant help it in one of those moods today. Fuck everybody if they can't take a joke. but glad you are quit.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Grosstr99

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf is what I love
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
You guys rock - thanks a ton for the immediate and overwhelming support. I told my wife that I got bitched out online and had to stop the gum given how convincing everyone is, and then she was concerned about the cash I had spent on the gum ($40). Didn't have the heart to tell her that was only a week of dip.

Anyway, I went and bought some polar ice gum, bought a couple of new CDs to listen to, have some water, and a bunch of fruit. Here's to a long(er) life and freedom from the mud. Am I supposed to update this every day?
1st Floor: 2/12/12
2nd Floor: 5/22/12
5th Floor: 3/18/13
HOF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=6488

Offline theo3wood

• Quitter
  • Interests: Growing delicious food and pretty flowers, and sharing them with people I love.
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: RagingJew
Alright buddy. I'm in. Let's do this thing.
FUCK..YAR! THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO HEAR!
werd

good choice bro, congrats!
Damn straight. No whining, bitching. THAT's what I'm talkin bout.

I got five bucks says this dude will shit stomp the nic bitch right before our eyes.
"the cycle is over. we are clean. we are shining beacons to the masses that think it can't be done." ...LooT

"We have the right to watch our children grow and have earned the right to participate in their lives. We will not be denied. Success can be our only option now. We can never tire, give up, fail, or falter. We are worth more than this addiction and will stop at nothing to beat it." ...Sweenz

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
I want to put my big HELL YES in here too. Way to go Grosstr99!!!!!!!

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: copenomore
That was a big baby step in one hour but a good step in the right direction. Eveytime you want a dip, try and relax (impossible) and drink a bunch of water. You make this quit what you want it to be. You want to pis and moan about it then go ahead. Man up these next 4 days and get this out of your system.

Throw that nasty tasting gum away, go get some sugerfree and enjoy that.

You have to get the baby step mindset out of here. Cold Turkey, No more nic For life!!! You are going to fight the nic attacks and your going to win because you can control what you do. You have had this enjoyment of killing yourself for however long...punish yourself and accept these next few days...they will be rough, but my goodness it is so worth it!!! Stay strong today!!
Agreed, except for the first part. Tossing out the nic is a huge, giant, enormous, tyrannosaurus rex type leap.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Every once in a while we will get a new guy on here who will take offense to the initial "man-up" advice. those guys usually fail.

I like that you understood why you need to give that nic gum up too and that you didn't argue about it. that's huge! good fucking dude.

yes, it will suck, i learned the hard way when i came here too chewing a few pieces of nic gum a day. i got hammered too for it, what the fuck did i know at the time. the withdrawl from the gum sucked ass, but i am glad i did it. you can too.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Quote from: RagingJew
werd

good choice bro, congrats!

Offline copenomore

• Quitter
    • -
  • Interests: WoodworkingGolfElectronicsSpending time with my Family
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
That was a big baby step in one hour but a good step in the right direction. Eveytime you want a dip, try and relax (impossible) and drink a bunch of water. You make this quit what you want it to be. You want to pis and moan about it then go ahead. Man up these next 4 days and get this out of your system.

Throw that nasty tasting gum away, go get some sugerfree and enjoy that.

You have to get the baby step mindset out of here. Cold Turkey, No more nic For life!!! You are going to fight the nic attacks and your going to win because you can control what you do. You have had this enjoyment of killing yourself for however long...punish yourself and accept these next few days...they will be rough, but my goodness it is so worth it!!! Stay strong today!!
Started 1998 Quit 2-9-10
HOF 5-19-10 2nd Floor 8-27-10
3rd Floor 12-5-10 4th Floor 3-15-11
5th Floor 6-23-11 6th Floor 10-1-11
7th Floor 1-9-12 8th Floor 4-18-12
9th Floor 7-27-12 10th Floor 11-4-12
and on and on and on and on and on...

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
Its still gonna suck after that box of gum is gone....there is no easy way. Why not do it now? The nic will be out of your system after the long weekend.

Offline Grosstr99

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »
Damn Air Scout... sigh

You gotta get rid of the gimmicks. The only way is Cold Turkey. No crutches, no bullshit, just your will, hate, and discontent. Nicotine substitutes like the gums or patches will never remove the addiction.

Man up and cut the fucking cord bro! There's a whole army of us piss'n'vinegar Quitters here to support you in any way possible.

Now I realize you've been sitting in a chair for God knows how long, but it's time to get off your ass and quit for real.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
Going for baby steps. I've quit that way before but haven't tried this yet. I think I'm going to switch to regular gum once the box I've bought is done. I want nothing more than the nic out.
If this is REALLY true, you'll ditch the gum today and give up the nicotine for good. Baby steps lead to failure.

You may have tried to go cold turkey before and failed, but you didn't have this site. You won't be accepted until you are COMPLETELY nic free. But when you are, you will be welcomed whole heartedly.

Man up. Throw the gum away, and quit.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Grosstr99

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
Going for baby steps. I've quit that way before but haven't tried this yet. I think I'm going to switch to regular gum once the box I've bought is done. I want nothing more than the nic out.