Author Topic: Vile Habit  (Read 650 times)

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Vile Habit
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
Quote from: goldenbulls
Quote from: Justin
It's been going pretty well Gdubya - thank you my friend, I'm working on day 10 right now and my symptoms are really starting to chill out. I was raging pretty hard but last few days have gotten better. Gonna exercise for most of the day tomorrow to really calm me down and keep my mind off dip. I won't be drinking on Saturday which totally sucks because I love booze bUT hey I can't fuck this up. I won't let it
Your symptoms chilled out at 10 days but you rage on like a day 3 quitter in March '17............on April 7th, 2017......................... Please explain?
Really? Come on, man. If you guys wanna argue in your quit group(s), so be it. But can we please leave this kind of stuff out of the Intro section.

And before I get attacked: I am not a mod - I am not telling you that you cannot bring this here - I am just asking kindly before this thread turns into a shit storm. Keep this in March or PMs, for the sake of new quitters that may happen to read through these things.

Offline goldenbulls

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • You cant fall out of bed if you sleep on the floor
  • Quit Date: 12/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 01:00:00 AM »
It's been going pretty well Gdubya - thank you my friend, I'm working on day 10 right now and my symptoms are really starting to chill out. I was raging pretty hard but last few days have gotten better. Gonna exercise for most of the day tomorrow to really calm me down and keep my mind off dip. I won't be drinking on Saturday which totally sucks because I love booze bUT hey I can't fuck this up. I won't let it
Your symptoms chilled out at 10 days but you rage on like a day 3 quitter in March '17............on April 7th, 2017......................... Please explain?

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »
Booze can certainly lead to a cave. I didn't completely avoid it but I did make sure it didn't mess with my quit. Know your triggers and stay vigilant! :)

Offline Justin Robbins

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 10:39:00 PM »

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »
Looks like your off to a great start JR. Posting roll. Hooked up with folks in your Quit group. These are the activities that pave the way of success. Great job.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 08:52:00 AM »
Quote from: eyehatecope
Quote from: Stranger999
Thank you guys - so far day 4 is better than day 3, so it's a start! See ya at roll call tomorrow
One day at a time - never try to quit for more than one day. We can deal with tomorrow when it arrives.

I'm glad that you found this great web site and I quit with you today! :)
As he said, one day at a time. It's hard to explain that but, we promise you will learn that in no time. I quit with you today.
Yes sir. One day at a time. Post roll as your promise and keep that promise one day at a time. Build your accountability. The more accountable you are to others the less likely you will let them down. Congrats on your quit.
Feel free to rage in here. we get it. Do not take this out on family, we are the ones who put that crap in our mouth. I remember the rage and will never go back to that. Learn to to hate nicotine.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 08:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Thank you guys - so far day 4 is better than day 3, so it's a start! See ya at roll call tomorrow
One day at a time - never try to quit for more than one day. We can deal with tomorrow when it arrives.

As he said, one day at a time. It's hard to explain that but, we promise you will learn that in no time. I quit with you today.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 01:50:00 AM »

Offline Justin Robbins

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 09:54:00 PM »

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
Welcome Justin! That tension is normal and it will probably get worse before it gets better... but I promise that it will get better.

Show up every day, keep your word and you will have a whole new sense of freedom.

Reach out if I can help.

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 02:09:00 PM »
Good to see you in here posting from live chat! Stick to the program here and you can't fail.... You have my number if needed don't hesitate...

Offline outd00rs

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-09-11
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 10:04:00 AM »
Justin,

Sounds like you are making the initial step. Welcome to the site. This community will help you understand the process and provide you with the tools to enable your quit. Read as much as you can, find your quit group and start learning about posting roll. It's one of the main tools that you have and will only work if you put the necessary effort into it with your word and accountability to yourself and your quit brothers.

PM me if you have questions but any/all here are willing to help you.

Stick with it! It's not easy but it does get easier with every day!

Quit on!

Offline Justin Robbins

• BANNED
  • Quitter
Vile Habit
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:42:00 AM »
Hey fellas, new to the site and am looking to quit this terrible vile habit that has taken hold of me. I started chewing when I was 18 and was introduced to it by my dumbass older cousin. Now I'm the dumbass that's been chewing for 12 years and the responsibility rests on my shoulders. This dip thing, it's very powerful. .. I'm on day 3 of my quit right now and it totally SUCKS - I snapped at like 3 different family members on Thanksgiving and the sad part is I hardly ever see them LOL F*CK. I work in a pretty stressful job, I've always used chew as a crutch - always told myself that I would quit once I reached this goal, or that milestone in life (never happened). I am the leader of my family, my wife looks up to me, my kids depend on me - I've gotta show strength here