Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 2981 times)

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Fellas we are back on track. Exercise, oj and gum and we are like a commercial for regular digestive health. I know to take my quit one day at a time but I hope I can look back on the great back up of the fall of 13 and find some amusement, but never forgetting it sucked. Who needs webmd for medical problems when you have the brothers of KTC? Thanks for your support. Quitting the nic bitch with y'all.

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
Exercise, coffee and sugarfree Extra Peppermint gum are my "helpers." Seeds would do it to. After the first 36 hours, I've been back to where I was when I was still on the dirt so whatever I'm doing it seems to be working.

Would've loved to see the look on the faces of the guys on the 6th floor after you destroyed their head this morning.

Keep quittin' Dunny. ODAAT.

peace and quit.

jz
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »
I have been chewing sugarless gum (Trident) since Day 1. No problems with being stopped up. That may be coincidence or not...don't really know. I had a lot of gas but thankfully that has mostly passed with the exception of a day here and there.

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
  • Quit Date: 10/12/12
  • Interests: Camping, Biking (mountain and road), BBQ'ing, and puppy activities
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
Very Convenient...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03UmJbK0lA

dunlap...since it sounds like things got to moving...maybe give the shitload of sugarless gum a try....OIB mentioned it, I mentioned it, so its gotta be true, right??? I really havent a clue how universally it works...but chewing about a pack a day has like doubled my frequency.
January '13 Jackwagins
Quit Date:  October 12, 2012

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Man between jzzyzag01 and you, yall are in an awesome and strong group.

I think now that you can shit again everything else will be cake.

Any of you lurkers on here need to sign up now so you have a chance to be in one fine group.

Freak...I think Evilfish is in this group too...heck, I'm going to start posting with them too.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
This is some good shit right here! I think we got us one for the long haul here boys (and girls).

I will tell you Drew that you have already started helping people.. We all still have our days. I woke up this morning after having a most vivid dip dream. One of the first ones I've had in a long time. And then this morning I had a bout of the craves for a couple of hours.

I went to the computer to post roll and found your intro. Just reading it has given me the kick in the ass I needed to make it through today. That is exactly what we do here. We take it day by day. Thanks for the motivation.

I'm here quit with you all day long. PM me with anything you need. I'm pretty sure we are homeboys! I've left my numbers in you inbox. give me a call and lets chat. I'm sure we can help each other along.

Mike

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
Quote from: dunlapsig
OIB I appreciate the vote of confidence. I woke up to text messages this morning and and an inbox with messages. That truly does make all the difference in the world. To have someone take time out of their day to check on you to see how you are doing is just awesome. You bastards are a bunch of saints. 'worship'

Now to address what I have been bitching about since day one. I took a shit today and it was a very real experience. I'll save the elaborate play by play but for those searching the intros for someone with a similar problem, i'll share my remedy... Well I guess I kind of stumbled upon the remedy. It was free breakfast in the office today, chick-fil-a catered (I love the fil-a of chicken but I don't think it is the source) After I ate my chicken sandwhich I drank a glass of orange juice. Moderate size in my opinion, but as soon as that last drop of vitamin C entered my system my feet were in motion. Went down the the 6th floor of the office builing (never damage your home field) and blew it out. I feel like a new man.

I know everyday i'm going to face struggles with my quit. Aches, pains, cravings but up until this point going has been my number 1 problem and at 9:15 this morning I put my numer 1 problem behind me (quite literally at that). I am proud to quit with you all today.
Congrats, you must be relieved. 'flush'

On the topic of lacking motivation in the office. All I can say is you need to get used to it for the next few weeks and adjust accordingly. For me, fake dip helped the most but it's not for everyone. Really anything that satisfies the oral fixation (see Gmann for examples) will help you feel more "normal" in the office. I put normal in parenthesis because you shouldn't anticipate feeling yourself for the next few months. It takes time to re-wire your brain but you'll get there. I'm on day 625 and quitting has never felt more normal.

Quit Like Fuck.
Make Your Decision

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
OIB I appreciate the vote of confidence. I woke up to text messages this morning and and an inbox with messages. That truly does make all the difference in the world. To have someone take time out of their day to check on you to see how you are doing is just awesome. You bastards are a bunch of saints. 'worship'

Now to address what I have been bitching about since day one. I took a shit today and it was a very real experience. I'll save the elaborate play by play but for those searching the intros for someone with a similar problem, i'll share my remedy... Well I guess I kind of stumbled upon the remedy. It was free breakfast in the office today, chick-fil-a catered (I love the fil-a of chicken but I don't think it is the source) After I ate my chicken sandwhich I drank a glass of orange juice. Moderate size in my opinion, but as soon as that last drop of vitamin C entered my system my feet were in motion. Went down the the 6th floor of the office builing (never damage your home field) and blew it out. I feel like a new man.

I know everyday i'm going to face struggles with my quit. Aches, pains, cravings but up until this point going has been my number 1 problem and at 9:15 this morning I put my numer 1 problem behind me (quite literally at that). I am proud to quit with you all today.

Offline OneImpressiveBall

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
Dunlap - I agree with all the advice that folks have doled out here, and you have a quitter's mindset, so I haven't butted in, but I just noticed that no one has tackled your poop question.

I will.

I didn't shit right for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. The first few weeks were . . . irregular. In fact, one of my first ten posts here was about how I went on a run, made it about 5 miles from home on an out and back route, and about 1 mile from the nearest open bathroom, when I suddenly got the urge in a serious way. (SPOILER: I made it!).

I ultimately settled into a different shit routine. It took a while, but things started flowing in a more predictable way sometime late in the second month. Of course, it might have been the 30-40 pieces of sugar-free gum that I was chewing at the time. Damn . . . it probably was. Still, things are going to be a little out of whack for a while as balance is restored. Your body is tough though, and balance WILL be restored.

I cannot point to any science on this issue, but I have lots of anecdotes from others, and careful observation of my own defecation routine.
Proud January 2013 Jackwagin: [color=330066]kicking nicotine's ass since October 3, 2012.[/color]
My 265-Day Late HOF Speech
KEEP
CALM
AND
QUIT
ON

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
You might need to share with your boss too, if you feel unproductive at work. If you have an understanding boss, which I did. All I got was surprise, nobody really noticed my work level declining even though I perceived it as such. Infact, most at work didn't know I dipped in the first place, i guess I was just too :ph43r: So in cutting through the fog, the perception of it might be worse than the reality.

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
  • Quit Date: 10/12/12
  • Interests: Camping, Biking (mountain and road), BBQ'ing, and puppy activities
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
dunlap....what all these guys are saying...do all that. Water water water, read read read, and exercise exercise exercise. Stay distracted distracted distracted. minute by minute by minute if ya have to have to have to.

as for keeping the pipeline steady, as soon as i started chewing like a pack of gum a day, i was crapping like 4-5 times a day (was more like once or twice typically). didnt really correlate what the what was going on there with the increase in crap frequency, till i was getting bio-metrics done here at work. one of the ladies pricking fingers shared that something in the sugarless gum helps to keep stuff active in the pipeline. i didnt ask any follow on questions....but pretty sure the gum is what helped me in that department....
January '13 Jackwagins
Quit Date:  October 12, 2012

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Appreciate all the kind words and support from you guys. I love reading what everyone has to say and it gets me pumped up. I know it's time to do this for me. There is no gray area heading in to this quit it is either black or white, I'm either doing it or i'm not. I've fully committed to quiting, I mean we all at one point were committed to put it in to our mouths everyday, driving out of the way to get to the gas station, sitting in cars by ourselves on lunch breaks. That took a lot of effort to keep the habit going, Putting the the same and more effort in to quitting is only fair.

Now I know i'm in the shit of the phase trying to quit. My mind is right, I have a headache, I still haven't taken a shit but Seriously I have no motivation to do anything. I can't make myself work at my job, when my phone rings i'm annoyed, i'm not going to dip to be motivated at work (although sometimes I wonder if the stress of work or the nic would kill me first) But does anyone have any advice on how to push through the fog so it's not like i'm taking an in office mental vacation?
advice:
Water, water drink lots of water...2 gallons a day...until your pissing every few minutes.
exercise like a maniac.
get into chat...talk it out.
read the entire site at www.killthecan.org (might take awhile).
help another quitter post roll and stay quit.
take your anger out in exercise.
motivate yourself by talking to yourself and other quitters.
remember 1 dip is too many, 10000 dips is never enuff.
Focus on the now, today. Only today.
It will get better, I promise!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Appreciate all the kind words and support from you guys. I love reading what everyone has to say and it gets me pumped up. I know it's time to do this for me. There is no gray area heading in to this quit it is either black or white, I'm either doing it or i'm not. I've fully committed to quiting, I mean we all at one point were committed to put it in to our mouths everyday, driving out of the way to get to the gas station, sitting in cars by ourselves on lunch breaks. That took a lot of effort to keep the habit going, Putting the the same and more effort in to quitting is only fair.

Now I know i'm in the shit of the phase trying to quit. My mind is right, I have a headache, I still haven't taken a shit but Seriously I have no motivation to do anything. I can't make myself work at my job, when my phone rings i'm annoyed, i'm not going to dip to be motivated at work (although sometimes I wonder if the stress of work or the nic would kill me first) But does anyone have any advice on how to push through the fog so it's not like i'm taking an in office mental vacation?
You are a quitter. You really get what it takes and are doing it.

I have good news and bad news:
The bad news- I never found a headlight that would cut through the fog. I tried drinking more coffee and that sure didn't work. I found myself staring at my computer getting nothing done for hours.
The good news- It goes away. And when it lifts... damn.. the world is brighter and the wonderful feeling of freedom starts to sink in. Just get through each fog filled day however you can until it lifts.

BTW - The extra coffee didn't help the fog, but it kept me regular.

Read everything on this site. Keep reading. Stay focused.
Glad to be quit with you today.

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
Post roll early brother. Take caving off the table for the day. You can do it,, how do I know?!?! Because I've done it for over 200 days. If I can do it anyone can,, that's a fact!

Break it down brother. Sometimes looking at the hole day is to much. Break it down 1 hour, 1 minute, or even second at a time if you have to. Your not going to crave every second all day. Keep yourself busy,, exercise , eat, watch a movie, play an instrument.

It's going to be rough for a while, but the payoff is so worth it. Your going to kick yourself right in the ass for ever putting that filthy disgusting poison in your pie hole. The thing is your have to stay quit today. That's your goal,,, TODAY!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.