Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 2979 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
Quote from: gorilla1
Welcome drew. What a great decision you've made to take your life back. This thing here rewlly works. PM me for a number or anything you might need.
Peace.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
Welcome drew. What a great decision you've made to take your life back. This thing here rewlly works. PM me for a number or anything you might need.
Peace.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Quote from: dunlapsig
...as I have just been contemplating how much this is going to suck all day basically.
"The Suck" is the price you pay for destroying your health, your self esteem, wasting money, stealing time from loved ones, etc for all of those years. It will take a long time to rewire your brain to function properly without nicotine, but don't focus on that. Focus on today and today only. Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Welcome to quit Drew. Your introduction has me pumped up. I love it when someone has that "ah ha" moment. That moment in a nic users life when he finally says to himslef, "WTF am I doing? Why am I poisoning myself? Am I really so helpless that I cannot overcome this?"

There are so many reasons to quit. I am glad you have finally found one that has driven you to action. Now stay with and put in the work. The first couple weeks suck ass man, no way around it that I know about. The only saving grace is that you will never have to go through this "suck" and withdrawal process again. Life without nicotine is so much better, it just take a while to figure things out.

Hit me up if you need anything.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
Welcome Drew  all the best to you. It does get easier day by day, so just focus on one day at a time. You got this for sure. PM if you need anything.

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Pinched
Hey guys, well let me introduce myself.  My name is Drew and I haven't had a dip since 8:00PM last night.  This is day 1 free for me and so far so good. I stumbled upon this sight actually googling "patch vs gum" or "dip alternative" and after staying up until 3 in the morning reading the forums I decided not only would I stop without the assistance of any OTC aid, I was stopping at that moment.  I laid in bed thinking maybe I'll get up and go in the bathroom and take 1 last pinch... and then I realized that just about sums up my addiction. Why do I need one more? I've had one everyday for the last 10 years. Did I want a good last memory like the last pinch was perfect? NO!  It has made me lie to my family, my beautiful fiancee, sit in the bathroom by myself to hide it, drive the long way home and ending almost every meal short because I got to have it.

I posted to roll call as soon as I came to work today and registered and my inbox was flooded by supporters. I couldn't believe it? I've been on forums for boats and cars and expect to refresh it once every other day maybe to see a response, but this forum is so active!  I appreciate everyone who sent me a message as I have just been contemplating how much this is going to suck all day basically.  Also I have been wondering if I'll ever be have to take a shit again or if this headache will ever go away... (but seriously I don't even have the urge to go)

Again, I'm still trying to figure this whole site out, but being the rook I am ya'll sure did make me feel welcome.  Thank you.
Welcome to the club man! Speaking for myself, my quit would not be this far along if not for KTC. Keep on quitting each day and before you know it you will see that your day count is edging close to double digits, then triple digits, then a comma, etc.

Each day is a plus one for me and I like know that because a plus is a hell of a lot better than a minus any day.

Take your life back, quit sneaking and enjoy that family time after dinner talking, because I sure as hell do now. Not having to sneak away to quietly get my pinch is great.

Buckle down, prepare for the suck and be a beast. You are in for a week or two of hell so be prepared. Get phone numbers if you need my support through phone or text shoot me a PM on here and I will be happy to oblige.

Caving is not an option,

Pinched
You are already thinking like a quitter bro. You made the decision to quit early morning... thought about having a pinch  had enough guts to say NO. That is bada$$ in my book. You can do this! You just proved that you can do it. Now this is going to be a hell of a ride  you are going to need to battle thru the SUCK.

Get in and read all you can here. Keep your ear to the ground and listen to the quitters that have blazed the path before you.

I'm quit with you today!
Welcome to KTC and congrats on quitting. Its awesome to welcome another quitter on board. I will quit with you any day... If you need anything at all feel free to pm.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Hey guys, well let me introduce myself.  My name is Drew and I haven't had a dip since 8:00PM last night.  This is day 1 free for me and so far so good. I stumbled upon this sight actually googling "patch vs gum" or "dip alternative" and after staying up until 3 in the morning reading the forums I decided not only would I stop without the assistance of any OTC aid, I was stopping at that moment.  I laid in bed thinking maybe I'll get up and go in the bathroom and take 1 last pinch... and then I realized that just about sums up my addiction. Why do I need one more? I've had one everyday for the last 10 years. Did I want a good last memory like the last pinch was perfect? NO!  It has made me lie to my family, my beautiful fiancee, sit in the bathroom by myself to hide it, drive the long way home and ending almost every meal short because I got to have it.

I posted to roll call as soon as I came to work today and registered and my inbox was flooded by supporters. I couldn't believe it? I've been on forums for boats and cars and expect to refresh it once every other day maybe to see a response, but this forum is so active!  I appreciate everyone who sent me a message as I have just been contemplating how much this is going to suck all day basically.  Also I have been wondering if I'll ever be have to take a shit again or if this headache will ever go away... (but seriously I don't even have the urge to go)

Again, I'm still trying to figure this whole site out, but being the rook I am ya'll sure did make me feel welcome.  Thank you.
Welcome to the club man! Speaking for myself, my quit would not be this far along if not for KTC. Keep on quitting each day and before you know it you will see that your day count is edging close to double digits, then triple digits, then a comma, etc.

Each day is a plus one for me and I like know that because a plus is a hell of a lot better than a minus any day.

Take your life back, quit sneaking and enjoy that family time after dinner talking, because I sure as hell do now. Not having to sneak away to quietly get my pinch is great.

Buckle down, prepare for the suck and be a beast. You are in for a week or two of hell so be prepared. Get phone numbers if you need my support through phone or text shoot me a PM on here and I will be happy to oblige.

Caving is not an option,

Pinched
You are already thinking like a quitter bro. You made the decision to quit early morning... thought about having a pinch  had enough guts to say NO. That is bada$$ in my book. You can do this! You just proved that you can do it. Now this is going to be a hell of a ride  you are going to need to battle thru the SUCK.

Get in and read all you can here. Keep your ear to the ground and listen to the quitters that have blazed the path before you.

I'm quit with you today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
Hey guys, well let me introduce myself. My name is Drew and I haven't had a dip since 8:00PM last night. This is day 1 free for me and so far so good. I stumbled upon this sight actually googling "patch vs gum" or "dip alternative" and after staying up until 3 in the morning reading the forums I decided not only would I stop without the assistance of any OTC aid, I was stopping at that moment. I laid in bed thinking maybe I'll get up and go in the bathroom and take 1 last pinch... and then I realized that just about sums up my addiction. Why do I need one more? I've had one everyday for the last 10 years. Did I want a good last memory like the last pinch was perfect? NO! It has made me lie to my family, my beautiful fiancee, sit in the bathroom by myself to hide it, drive the long way home and ending almost every meal short because I got to have it.

I posted to roll call as soon as I came to work today and registered and my inbox was flooded by supporters. I couldn't believe it? I've been on forums for boats and cars and expect to refresh it once every other day maybe to see a response, but this forum is so active! I appreciate everyone who sent me a message as I have just been contemplating how much this is going to suck all day basically. Also I have been wondering if I'll ever be have to take a shit again or if this headache will ever go away... (but seriously I don't even have the urge to go)

Again, I'm still trying to figure this whole site out, but being the rook I am ya'll sure did make me feel welcome. Thank you.

Caving is not an option,

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline OneImpressiveBall

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
Hey guys, well let me introduce myself. My name is Drew and I haven't had a dip since 8:00PM last night. This is day 1 free for me and so far so good. I stumbled upon this sight actually googling "patch vs gum" or "dip alternative" and after staying up until 3 in the morning reading the forums I decided not only would I stop without the assistance of any OTC aid, I was stopping at that moment. I laid in bed thinking maybe I'll get up and go in the bathroom and take 1 last pinch... and then I realized that just about sums up my addiction. Why do I need one more? I've had one everyday for the last 10 years. Did I want a good last memory like the last pinch was perfect? NO! It has made me lie to my family, my beautiful fiancee, sit in the bathroom by myself to hide it, drive the long way home and ending almost every meal short because I got to have it.

I posted to roll call as soon as I came to work today and registered and my inbox was flooded by supporters. I couldn't believe it? I've been on forums for boats and cars and expect to refresh it once every other day maybe to see a response, but this forum is so active! I appreciate everyone who sent me a message as I have just been contemplating how much this is going to suck all day basically. Also I have been wondering if I'll ever be have to take a shit again or if this headache will ever go away... (but seriously I don't even have the urge to go)

Again, I'm still trying to figure this whole site out, but being the rook I am ya'll sure did make me feel welcome. Thank you.
You sound like our kind of quitter, Dunlapsig. 100% of that urge for "one last pinch" comes from the broken addicted part of your brain. As you heal, that sort of thinking will get less and less powerful, but, today, you worry about today. You posted roll, now keep your word. PM me if you ever need anything.
Proud January 2013 Jackwagin: [color=330066]kicking nicotine's ass since October 3, 2012.[/color]
My 265-Day Late HOF Speech
KEEP
CALM
AND
QUIT
ON

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
My Introduction
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »