Author Topic: lonely road ahead  (Read 31572 times)

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: lonely road ahead
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Pab, wondering why you were logged on an hour ago and didn't post roll yet in April. You can do this with us Pab.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 02:21:00 AM »
Welcome to the fun Pab. Wish I'd quit when I was your age but I don't worry about it anymore, today is the only day that matters. I can piss and moan about how stupid I was for all those decades and worry about not seeing tomorrow roll around but I can't change them but I can control today. I quit with you.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 02:00:00 AM »
Sorry about the misunderstanding last night Pab. Thought I read you were quitting Tuesday. Glad to quit with you today bro.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 12:46:00 AM »
Quote from: candoit
Quote from: BAMF
Quote from: pab1964
Hey fellow addiccts. I'm 50 yes old been dipping since I was 12 love to hate this shit. Always bragged on never using any hard drugs but I found out that quitting dip is harder than quitting heroine! Wow! What a dumbass I've been! I know you men and women have probably heard it all! I need major help! I'm quitting Now not tomorrow! All help appreciated! Had a heart attack July 13 would beat my sweet ass it was from dipping! Have 5 grandkids wanna live to see them get married! Know I want if I don't quit this poison! Pab1964 'trainwreck'
Well doggone Pab, I think you have taken a first step that is admirable. You've been dipping since before I was born and I just found this site today, so far be it for me to offer advice. But I can at least tell you welcome here, and as I was told, the first step is getting in with your HOF class, and post role. I have have been welcomed with open arms here, and there is a lot of good advice and good peoples here. I believe you will get out of it what you put into it. Man Ill pray for you - and if you need anything, just drop me a PM and I'll help. You can do it, be strong, pour the poison out and and begin the healing process my brother.

Matt.
Reach out connect...addiction knows no age limits. Everyone here has something to offer and to learn. So the next few days will suck but read, drink water, and connect with other quitters and especially the quitters in your group.
Jan '64 here Pab. I feel you brother. I found this site around 400 days ago and I can say that the accountability and friendships here have kept me quit and probably saved my life. Post roll EVERYDAY, keep that promise, make friends. PM me if you want to exchange numbers. I was where you are. You have no idea how beautiful life is without nicotine. Please stay quit and you will find out for yourself. You can do this. Welcome!

Offline sethayers90

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-11
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »
Quote from: candoit
Hey fellow addiccts. I'm 50 yes old been dipping since I was 12 love to hate this shit. Always bragged on never using any hard drugs but I found out that quitting dip is harder than quitting heroine! Wow! What a dumbass I've been! I know you men and women have probably heard it all! I need major help! I'm quitting Now not tomorrow! All help appreciated! Had a heart attack July 13 would beat my sweet ass it was from dipping! Have 5 grandkids wanna live to see them get married! Know I want if I don't quit this poison! Pab1964 'trainwreck'
Well doggone Pab, I think you have taken a first step that is admirable. You've been dipping since before I was born and I just found this site today, so far be it for me to offer advice. But I can at least tell you welcome here, and as I was told, the first step is getting in with your HOF class, and post role. I have have been welcomed with open arms here, and there is a lot of good advice and good peoples here. I believe you will get out of it what you put into it. Man Ill pray for you - and if you need anything, just drop me a PM and I'll help. You can do it, be strong, pour the poison out and and begin the healing process my brother.

Matt.
Reach out connect...addiction knows no age limits. Everyone here has something to offer and to learn. So the next few days will suck but read, drink water, and connect with other quitters and especially the quitters in your group.
I'll be the testament that addiction knows no age limit, I'm 24 and I've been through rehab twice, addiction is a motherfucker. Just when you think you have whatever the addiction is beat it comes banging at the door again, you're on the right track though.
Intro
HOF Speech
HOF date - December 19, 2014
Proud member of RANT December '14

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
1964 was a great year! March 27th here. I also started at age 12, and I started on Happy Days, for 25 cents a can moved up to skoal and panicked when it went to 50 cents, then Cope in high school. Thought I was kicking it when I went down to Grizzly 7 years ago. Its all a lie brother, you know it down in side. And you have found the right place, no lonely road here, just great other addicts, helping each other live the life they were destined for. FREEDOM.
Not going to be easy, best line Ive heard is, "it Sucks till it doesn't..."
I'm on day 42, every day gets better , not easier but better, learning to suffer is a mature thing. Thats what granddads do for their family! Let's get it done. Through talking, through dreaming, make roll call.
Send me PM anytime.
I believe.....

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »

Matt.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline BAMF

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-24
  • Interests: Attempting to thin the herd, one smack at a time.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »

Matt.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
lonely road ahead
« on: December 29, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD