Author Topic: Well....finally here....  (Read 2386 times)

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Well....finally here....
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
Quote from: GMunz
First weekend without my can.....new challenges, Im sure....

I feel pretty good so far...continuing with my routine that's kept me clean for the first 5 days....
Focus on once day at a time- that's all you have to do. Post your promise (roll) early and be a man of your word for 24 hours. Keep reading stuff on the site. Go back to the post or stories that resonated with you. You got this.

PM me if you need digits.

Glad you stuck around- it'll be worth it.

Quit on

Offline GMunz

• Quit Date: 2014-09-21
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 07:57:00 AM »
First weekend without my can.....new challenges, Im sure....

I feel pretty good so far...continuing with my routine that's kept me clean for the first 5 days....
'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Enough
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: lighty7
Gmunz - nice work posting roll. This is just the beginning. The freedom from this shit on your fingertips.

I also forgot to mention that Kodiak was my dirtweed of choice as well. I kind of feel a kindred spirit with people on here who quit Kodiak. We sometimes romanticize our former dip of choice but the quicker you can get that shit out your head the better. There is nothing romantic about Kodiak - you were addicted to nicotine and Kodiak was the delivery system - nothing more. Learn to despise that fucking bear. Check out my sig quote. I got a kick out of it early on in my quit.

I'm gonna send you my digits. Hit me up if you need anything.
Shit, you actually posted roll AND I read a constructive comment from you on another intro page. Despite your early sensitivity, you might actually have some badassery in you. Good stuff Gmunz. Remember this equation Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. The answer to this equation all starts with the roll post. As you keep reading I'm sure you're learning that this is the cornerstone of quitting, and the price of admission here at KTC. Posting roll is your word. Your promise. The method only works and only has worth if you post roll. That's why you were pressed so hard up front.

At the end of the day, despite the tough love you may find, we all share a common goal. To be quit. We want that for us and we want that for our brothers and sisters. It starts and ends with posting roll.
Thanks for the kick in the nuts, actually...

Everyone with an addiction is also quick to put up the gloves...

Im here to stay quit....My inbox is busy, to say the least.......and that tells me that this might not be some crappy corner of the internet after all....

Folks really care about helping other folks kick this nasty shit....

Good job posting roll GM. Everyone is here to help, but will have no problem kicking you in the sack if you miss posting roll. Wake up, piss, post roll. You got that. See you tomorrow and I'm quit with you.
Old ES
Whoa I did not expect to wake up and see this. Tells me that you have a sack GMunz. I definitely tried to give you a kick in the ass but it wasn't personal. If you re-read your intro you kept posting your thoughts followed by some very serious quitters giving you advice, followed again but your thoughts, which was telling me you were way more interested in telling your journey (normally not a bad thing) then heeding their advice and figuring out how this site works. But now that your in....welcome and good luck. You can continue with the dream journal without any further shit from me.
What that ^^^^^ bad ass said, you just made my quit super strong today! It's gonna be tough at first, but power through it.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 07:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Enough
Gmunz - nice work posting roll. This is just the beginning. The freedom from this shit on your fingertips.

I also forgot to mention that Kodiak was my dirtweed of choice as well. I kind of feel a kindred spirit with people on here who quit Kodiak. We sometimes romanticize our former dip of choice but the quicker you can get that shit out your head the better. There is nothing romantic about Kodiak - you were addicted to nicotine and Kodiak was the delivery system - nothing more. Learn to despise that fucking bear. Check out my sig quote. I got a kick out of it early on in my quit.

Shit, you actually posted roll AND I read a constructive comment from you on another intro page. Despite your early sensitivity, you might actually have some badassery in you. Good stuff Gmunz. Remember this equation Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. The answer to this equation all starts with the roll post. As you keep reading I'm sure you're learning that this is the cornerstone of quitting, and the price of admission here at KTC. Posting roll is your word. Your promise. The method only works and only has worth if you post roll. That's why you were pressed so hard up front.

At the end of the day, despite the tough love you may find, we all share a common goal. To be quit. We want that for us and we want that for our brothers and sisters. It starts and ends with posting roll.

Im here to stay quit....My inbox is busy, to say the least.......and that tells me that this might not be some crappy corner of the internet after all....

Good job posting roll GM. Everyone is here to help, but will have no problem kicking you in the sack if you miss posting roll. Wake up, piss, post roll. You got that. See you tomorrow and I'm quit with you.
Old ES
Whoa I did not expect to wake up and see this. Tells me that you have a sack GMunz. I definitely tried to give you a kick in the ass but it wasn't personal. If you re-read your intro you kept posting your thoughts followed by some very serious quitters giving you advice, followed again but your thoughts, which was telling me you were way more interested in telling your journey (normally not a bad thing) then heeding their advice and figuring out how this site works. But now that your in....welcome and good luck. You can continue with the dream journal without any further shit from me.

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »

Old ES
"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline GMunz

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »

'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
Dude has my number, we'll see what's up.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Gmunz - I see you were just reading in the Welcome Center. That is great, there are incredible resources there and everywhere on this site. There is a method to the madness here though and it's posting roll. You have to convince yourself that you are an addict the same as all of us are. This site saved me and the key to it all is posting roll. There is tons more like getting phone numbers and texting people in your quit group but it all starts and ends with posting roll.

There is no reason to get offended - we all just want for you to be quit. If you stick around and get with the program you have a chance. If you don't then that success percentage drops to almost zero.

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
GMunz,

If, in your mind you REALLY want to quit, you are at the fucking thrusthold GM...today is my 100 day quit, that's right, my friggin "Hall of Fame" day and you can bet your sweet ass I'm going to be posting 101 tomorrow. Posting roll is the ticket to this quit machine. These Vets have seen it all, but serving notice and calling it like they see it is the only way things work around here. You can do this dude. Post roll and you'll have more support at your beckon call than you'll ever imagine. It takes a tough guy and a tough skin to quit this addiction (remember it's an addiction, not a habit). Read the welcome... POST ROLL and I'll quit with you every dam day(EDD)!
Old ES
"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
Post fucking roll! All the instructions to do so have been written for you. Stop using this site like it's your dream journal and get with the program!
Wow... Quotes like this drive me away....I'm fine...this is not a "dream Journal"....just wanted to share what was going on but apparently that's not allowed unless I "post fucking roll"...

Thanks but no thanks guys and gals ....
Bye then, sorry a proven method and 30 seconds of your day is too much to save your life. Say hi to the rainbow shitting unicorns in your dream world for me!

Offline GMunz

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
Post fucking roll! All the instructions to do so have been written for you. Stop using this site like it's your dream journal and get with the program!
Wow... Quotes like this drive me away....I'm fine...this is not a "dream Journal"....just wanted to share what was going on but apparently that's not allowed unless I "post fucking roll"...

Thanks but no thanks guys and gals ....
'Remshot' KODIAK

Offline RoyalCowboy7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
Listen to these guys brother! We can type all we want but you got to want to quit more then we want you to. You can be a badass who has chosen to kill the can and honor that by posting roll every damn day or you can be a can't hack it pannywaist who's pussy whipped by a can of cancer candy. It takes a strong person to quit and if you'll invest in this site you can be on of the strong who was able to dance with the devil and walk away. Be that strong person and embrace this quit and own it, learn to live free of the can and enjoy that freedom. I promise you once you experience that freedom you will not want to return to dipping
The Copenhagen can will no longer control this man because being a quitter means becoming a winner

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10358427/8/#new

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »