Author Topic: Still growing it, but done dipping it.  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Native94

• Likes Given: 0
Still growing it, but done dipping it.
« on: December 17, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
Good afternoon fellas, I killed my last "Grizzly" bear last Night and today starts my 1st day of quitting. I first had my encounter with the bear 6 long years ago when I was 13. Yes I'm only 19 but I feel like I've quit 100 times already but hopefully with this site I'll start my quit for the last time. After reading some of the struggles of others on here I have really come to almost feel hypocritically. My family has been growing tobacco here in western Kentucky for generations. I've worked in the stuff since I was 6 years old, it's how I payed for my first truck and no tellin how many cans of Grizzly wintergreen throughout the last few years. I do feel bad now about helping to supply big tobacco companies, but I do think my family's days of growing it are comin to an end. My dad's getting older, I'm off at college (Murray State University but probably seminary in Indianapolis next year.. Yes I'm catholic and yes I'm considering a life without a woman.. Some of you may be jealous or may bust my balls over it but just keep it in good fun please.) and i could never see myself growing it for the rest of my life so I guess it's just a matter of time until my old man gives it up. These next few weeks of quiting will be the toughest for me and I'll need some help, because I'm home for Christmas break and I don't have a single close friend that doesn't dip. If I can make through this break though I do believe I can go the rest of my life without it. So I guess my first question is how do you stay quit when your surrounded by friends who are more than willing to give you a pinch?