Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Guy
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Gretzky

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 02:52:00 AM »
Day90... 'Sno'

Oh and 'Finger' ... Move along move along....Nuff said.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Gunner26
Day 60... Seem to be slippin a bit as far as craves and triggers go. It seems as though they are coming more frequently, I don't believe that I am becoming complacent but I do feel confident when I am being tempted by that little voice. I read alot of brothers posts and there are guys having craves up into being quit for years! At this point I find that to be extremely depleting to my psyche! I just don't want to think about chewing anymore... That's all I want... Anyways that's just what I am going through here on day 60.
Gunner26
Yeah, they still come, but don't let it discourage you...just hit 2 years a couple days ago. Yeah, the craves happen every so often, but they are more like a fleeting thought...one second they are there, you acknowledge it for what it is, remember your promise, and dismiss the thought of nic...

You're doing all the right things - hell, even addressing it on here is a huge step in beating the craves. Keep it up!
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Keddy
Day 70... Actually feeling pretty good lately... Had to study for a test and I haven't had to that since I quit... Major study dipper before...that was a trigger and a half! Blew bye it though, said F*** off and continued on my merry way. Had another dip dream last night...standing in line at the convenience store to buy some Cope...needless to say I never made it to the front of the line... All in all things are going well! Cheers

Gunner26
It's that F*** off attitude that will take you far, Gunner. Giving nic the finger and walking away is one of life's greatest pleasures!!

Nice job!
Thanks! Appreciate it...

Gunner26

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Day 70... Actually feeling pretty good lately... Had to study for a test and I haven't had to that since I quit... Major study dipper before...that was a trigger and a half! Blew bye it though, said F*** off and continued on my merry way. Had another dip dream last night...standing in line at the convenience store to buy some Cope...needless to say I never made it to the front of the line... All in all things are going well! Cheers

Gunner26
It's that F*** off attitude that will take you far, Gunner. Giving nic the finger and walking away is one of life's greatest pleasures!!

Nice job!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Nice work bro. I remember facing the same fear thinking I'll never pass a test again. I was wrong. We are powerful.

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »

Gunner26

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
That day will come soon, the cool thing is, you won't even notice when it happens.

Hang in there.

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
Day 60... Seem to be slippin a bit as far as craves and triggers go. It seems as though they are coming more frequently, I don't believe that I am becoming complacent but I do feel confident when I am being tempted by that little voice. I read alot of brothers posts and there are guys having craves up into being quit for years! At this point I find that to be extremely depleting to my psyche! I just don't want to think about chewing anymore... That's all I want... Anyways that's just what I am going through here on day 60.
Gunner26

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »
Day 56... I have never calculated how much money I have saved until today...don't know why I thought about it now just did...

'party' Approximately $375.00 'party'

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
Well it's day 50 and I thought I should log an entry... Feeling pretty good these days...the headaches subsided as I was told they would. Still dealing with triggers but it's easier and quicker to fight the crave... Still know I am an addict, not 30 mins ago I had her whispering in my ear. One day at a time, that's what I keep telling myself. Anyways that's it for now... Here's to another 50. Thumbs up to Keddy.... Thanks...your support helps and is appreciated.
Gunner26

Offline DW3

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
Yo gunner. I've only had one dip dream. For some reason, I can't do wrong in my dreams. Can't even cheat on my wife in a dream...its wierd. So in my dip dream I ended up watching my daughter stuff 2 or three cans of that shit in her mouth. Beautiful little 14 yo girl hunched over the table, her mouth completely stuffed with long cut, going after more like a little animal. Woke up in tears. I believe these dreams serve a purpose.
Grit and Quit ~ Timpy
Building a relentless, laser-sighted, chrome-plated, heat-seeking, cock-blocking, wolf pack of a quit (with curb feelers), one day at a time.

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy
Had a dip dream!! Woke up and was like holy shit...What have I done? I have to go log a 1...This is going to be embarrassing. I was convinced that I had dipped... I was predicting the lashing I was going to get... what happened!!!!! What the hell!!! You F****** Caver... Thank god it was only a dream... First one I've had like that.

As a side note day 42 and I have been kinda going through the fog again... kinda frustrating.

Gunner
Dip dreams suck but they are temporary. Cancer usually isn't!
It's amazing how powerful those dreams can be but take it as a good sign. Most quitters experience them and it means that you're on the road to recovery.

Keep strong!
Roger Keddy! I got what you are throwing down!

'tough'

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
Had a dip dream!! Woke up and was like holy shit...What have I done? I have to go log a 1...This is going to be embarrassing. I was convinced that I had dipped... I was predicting the lashing I was going to get... what happened!!!!! What the hell!!! You F****** Caver... Thank god it was only a dream... First one I've had like that.

As a side note day 42 and I have been kinda going through the fog again... kinda frustrating.

Gunner
Dip dreams suck but they are temporary. Cancer usually isn't!
It's amazing how powerful those dreams can be but take it as a good sign. Most quitters experience them and it means that you're on the road to recovery.

Keep strong!

Offline Gunner26

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »

Gunner