Author Topic: New here - tomorrow is my first day  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: New here - tomorrow is my first day
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 09:04:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Gernjer
Compare yourself to me.  I dipped 31 years and I felt invincible.  Yeah, I thought about cancer now and then, but denial is a powerful ally when the withdrawals kick in.

Then the lymph nodes in my neck on both sides became painful and swollen 3 weeks ago. 

Now the shit gets real, I've passed the point of no return and quitting today doesn't make cancer go away.  We've all seen that guy with no jaw, no tongue, no throat. He lives like that for 18 months and then he's dead.  From the moment he's diagnosed to the moment he dies, it's nothing but suffering for him and his family.  Let's not forget that everyone goes broke on the medical bills in the process.

So my nodes went south and I realized I'd played this shit off too long.  I have an 11 year old daughter who doesn't even know I dip.  How do I tell her she has to get through the rest of her childhood with no father because of of the pleasure that Copenhagen brings to me?  How do I reconcile the fact that I chose the Copenhagen Corporation and my sensory desires over her life and growth?

Turned out, I had a neck injury, not cancer.  And by the way, FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN for ruining my life and putting me and my family into this position.  I'm taking the fuck over, and YOU are...out.

Don't get to where I got.  You might not be as lucky.  I'm escaping a fire with smoke fuming off my clothes.  I got the "scared straight" program.  I'm on day 9 now and I know I have it beat.  But I check in with this group now every day just to make sure.  Today is the first day that I've started talking to other struggling quitters, and this is how I know I have really beaten this demon down.  I'm sick at myself for spending untold thousands of dollars on that crap.  What did I get in return?  A nice relaxing high of sorts.  And...bad breath, bad teeth, etc.  You know the list of shit as well as all of us. 

I've read that hiring managers sometimes think of college as nothing more than a way to show that you have the discipline to stick with a long, hard project and get it done.  The same goes for military (boot camps, etc).  Hell, if you can kick this shit, there is nothing in life that you can't do.

You are the man.  You are the shit.  Snuff is dirt.  Only the lowest form of loser agrees to be defeated by dirt. You've got this.  Beat it down and be the man.  You'll have a pretty awesome existence once you do.  I'm on my way, I'm not there yet.  But in my heart and in my mind, I'm there.  I'm certain that this group of quitters will do for you what it did for me.

JJ
DAMN! This post just got me fired up and angry at nicotine! I love it! I do not know any better way to quit then to HATE what we were! Well said!
This post was intense and badass. This is one experience that adds fuel to my fire and my resolve to stay quit. Thank you for this post JJ.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »
Compare yourself to me. I dipped 31 years and I felt invincible. Yeah, I thought about cancer now and then, but denial is a powerful ally when the withdrawals kick in.

Then the lymph nodes in my neck on both sides became painful and swollen 3 weeks ago.

Now the shit gets real, I've passed the point of no return and quitting today doesn't make cancer go away. We've all seen that guy with no jaw, no tongue, no throat. He lives like that for 18 months and then he's dead. From the moment he's diagnosed to the moment he dies, it's nothing but suffering for him and his family. Let's not forget that everyone goes broke on the medical bills in the process.

So my nodes went south and I realized I'd played this shit off too long. I have an 11 year old daughter who doesn't even know I dip. How do I tell her she has to get through the rest of her childhood with no father because of of the pleasure that Copenhagen brings to me? How do I reconcile the fact that I chose the Copenhagen Corporation and my sensory desires over her life and growth?

Turned out, I had a neck injury, not cancer. And by the way, FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN for ruining my life and putting me and my family into this position. I'm taking the fuck over, and YOU are...out.

Don't get to where I got. You might not be as lucky. I'm escaping a fire with smoke fuming off my clothes. I got the "scared straight" program. I'm on day 9 now and I know I have it beat. But I check in with this group now every day just to make sure. Today is the first day that I've started talking to other struggling quitters, and this is how I know I have really beaten this demon down. I'm sick at myself for spending untold thousands of dollars on that crap. What did I get in return? A nice relaxing high of sorts. And...bad breath, bad teeth, etc. You know the list of shit as well as all of us.

I've read that hiring managers sometimes think of college as nothing more than a way to show that you have the discipline to stick with a long, hard project and get it done. The same goes for military (boot camps, etc). Hell, if you can kick this shit, there is nothing in life that you can't do.

You are the man. You are the shit. Snuff is dirt. Only the lowest form of loser agrees to be defeated by dirt. You've got this. Beat it down and be the man. You'll have a pretty awesome existence once you do. I'm on my way, I'm not there yet. But in my heart and in my mind, I'm there. I'm certain that this group of quitters will do for you what it did for me.

JJ
DAMN! This post just got me fired up and angry at nicotine! I love it! I do not know any better way to quit then to HATE what we were! Well said!

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
  • Interests: QuittingPerusing the topics here at KTCHomebrewingDrinking craft beerPlaying with my KidsShooting SportsRunning/Weight LiftingAnything involving power tools
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Kyles,

As a fellow April 2014 quitter, I see that you are rocking your quit. At 23 days, you've gotten through (for a third time) what many consider the toughest part of the quit. However, based on the outcome of your past attempts, and as is the case with all of us, you're still in dangerous territory. I'm not trying to preach or rag on you here man. Like apogee said below, nothing that happened in the past matters to the April group.

However, that being said, I would encourage you (as a means to strengthening your quit) to post updates on your intro page every once in a while. I think posts of the flavor " here's how I feel now, here's how I felt the last time I tried to quit when I was at this point, and here's what I'm doing differently this time around to protect my quit".

Again not trying to beat up on you, just offering some unsolicited advice on how to achieve success with your quit this time.

I quit with you today my fellow April quitter and am committed to you quit as much as I am to mine. PM me any time if you need to chat.
Living the dream, one day at a time.

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Compare yourself to me.  I dipped 31 years and I felt invincible.  Yeah, I thought about cancer now and then, but denial is a powerful ally when the withdrawals kick in.

Now the shit gets real, I've passed the point of no return and quitting today doesn't make cancer go away.  We've all seen that guy with no jaw, no tongue, no throat. He lives like that for 18 months and then he's dead.  From the moment he's diagnosed to the moment he dies, it's nothing but suffering for him and his family.  Let's not forget that everyone goes broke on the medical bills in the process.

So my nodes went south and I realized I'd played this shit off too long.  I have an 11 year old daughter who doesn't even know I dip.  How do I tell her she has to get through the rest of her childhood with no father because of of the pleasure that Copenhagen brings to me?  How do I reconcile the fact that I chose the Copenhagen Corporation and my sensory desires over her life and growth?

Turned out, I had a neck injury, not cancer.  And by the way, FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN for ruining my life and putting me and my family into this position.  I'm taking the fuck over, and YOU are...out.

Don't get to where I got.  You might not be as lucky.  I'm escaping a fire with smoke fuming off my clothes.  I got the "scared straight" program.  I'm on day 9 now and I know I have it beat.  But I check in with this group now every day just to make sure.  Today is the first day that I've started talking to other struggling quitters, and this is how I know I have really beaten this demon down.  I'm sick at myself for spending untold thousands of dollars on that crap.  What did I get in return?  A nice relaxing high of sorts.  And...bad breath, bad teeth, etc.  You know the list of shit as well as all of us. 

I've read that hiring managers sometimes think of college as nothing more than a way to show that you have the discipline to stick with a long, hard project and get it done.  The same goes for military (boot camps, etc).  Hell, if you can kick this shit, there is nothing in life that you can't do.

You are the man.  You are the shit.  Snuff is dirt.  Only the lowest form of loser agrees to be defeated by dirt. You've got this.  Beat it down and be the man.  You'll have a pretty awesome existence once you do.  I'm on my way, I'm not there yet.  But in my heart and in my mind, I'm there.  I'm certain that this group of quitters will do for you what it did for me.

JJ
Man I love when I read posts like this. Tobacco is evil. USTobacco is an organization that dismisses the fact that they kill people. They recruit children. Apple, cherry, vanilla flavors? Yep, kids and candy flavored dip is not a coincidence.

Piss on all those who benefit and promote nicotine. Including pharmaceuticals like Nicorette etc. 'Finger'

I am free and I wish others would free themselves from can humping!
Yep. Keep preaching your sermon JJ. If you get one more person to stay quit on this site, or convince another person in your life to get started on the site, it'll have been worth it.

Keep pushing Kyle. As you know, it's tough. Listen to JJ, though. Do you wanna be in that doc's office when your world gets flipped upside down? All for some poison? Not me, and I'm betting not you. That's why you're here. F the NB with you today.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Compare yourself to me. I dipped 31 years and I felt invincible. Yeah, I thought about cancer now and then, but denial is a powerful ally when the withdrawals kick in.

Now the shit gets real, I've passed the point of no return and quitting today doesn't make cancer go away. We've all seen that guy with no jaw, no tongue, no throat. He lives like that for 18 months and then he's dead. From the moment he's diagnosed to the moment he dies, it's nothing but suffering for him and his family. Let's not forget that everyone goes broke on the medical bills in the process.

So my nodes went south and I realized I'd played this shit off too long. I have an 11 year old daughter who doesn't even know I dip. How do I tell her she has to get through the rest of her childhood with no father because of of the pleasure that Copenhagen brings to me? How do I reconcile the fact that I chose the Copenhagen Corporation and my sensory desires over her life and growth?

Turned out, I had a neck injury, not cancer. And by the way, FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN for ruining my life and putting me and my family into this position. I'm taking the fuck over, and YOU are...out.

Don't get to where I got. You might not be as lucky. I'm escaping a fire with smoke fuming off my clothes. I got the "scared straight" program. I'm on day 9 now and I know I have it beat. But I check in with this group now every day just to make sure. Today is the first day that I've started talking to other struggling quitters, and this is how I know I have really beaten this demon down. I'm sick at myself for spending untold thousands of dollars on that crap. What did I get in return? A nice relaxing high of sorts. And...bad breath, bad teeth, etc. You know the list of shit as well as all of us.

I've read that hiring managers sometimes think of college as nothing more than a way to show that you have the discipline to stick with a long, hard project and get it done. The same goes for military (boot camps, etc). Hell, if you can kick this shit, there is nothing in life that you can't do.

You are the man. You are the shit. Snuff is dirt. Only the lowest form of loser agrees to be defeated by dirt. You've got this. Beat it down and be the man. You'll have a pretty awesome existence once you do. I'm on my way, I'm not there yet. But in my heart and in my mind, I'm there. I'm certain that this group of quitters will do for you what it did for me.

JJ
Man I love when I read posts like this. Tobacco is evil. USTobacco is an organization that dismisses the fact that they kill people. They recruit children. Apple, cherry, vanilla flavors? Yep, kids and candy flavored dip is not a coincidence.

Piss on all those who benefit and promote nicotine. Including pharmaceuticals like Nicorette etc. 'Finger'

I am free and I wish others would free themselves from can humping!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Gernjer

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »

JJ

Offline apogeeammo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-01-01
  • Interests: Family, Cooking, Guns, Music!Favorite bands - Tool, Radiohead, and Queens of the Stoneage
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
Welcome to the April 2014 Quit Group Kyles! Nothing you did in the past means anything to your brothers in this group. We quit every day and I quit with you today!

cowboy
--Focus on Remedies, Not Faults - Jack Nicklaus
--Do or Do Not, There is NO Try - Yoda
--Recalculating! - The GPS bitch!
--462 Just ahead of me! - Maynard

HOF 4/10/2014

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Quote from: Wt57
This time I know I want to get to that point where I was quit for a year and half and I want to be proud of myself again.
Getting to a year and a half isn't anything if you cave again. For me quitting a year and a half is just a good start after 40+ years. Let's just quit today and be proud everyday that we made the decision today.
Agreed. Here's how to make it up to everybody: Post roll every damn day. Don't piss on yourself and your fellow quitters by going back on your promise that day. Go to bed. Wake up and repeat.

Sounds like you don't want to be a slave to a can of poison any more. As many a high school coach has said: "time to put up or shut up." You can do it. You WILL do it.

"Day 00,001" not just Day 1 this time ... Think about it. Glad you are back.

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
This time I know I want to get to that point where I was quit for a year and half and I want to be proud of myself again.
Getting to a year and a half isn't anything if you cave again. For me quitting a year and a half is just a good start after 40+ years. Let's just quit today and be proud everyday that we made the decision today.
Agreed. Here's how to make it up to everybody: Post roll every damn day. Don't piss on yourself and your fellow quitters by going back on your promise that day. Go to bed. Wake up and repeat.

Sounds like you don't want to be a slave to a can of poison any more. As many a high school coach has said: "time to put up or shut up." You can do it. You WILL do it.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »

4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline kyles

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: spartanron
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: dabean22
Quote from: CBird65
Posting 3 days since your cave-  Feb 12 and Nov 13 deserve answers

You've been here before so you know the price for admission

(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What are you doing differently this time?
Here here brother. What you posted on the November page was a decent start but you need to really get into these questions for everyone to learn from your mistakes and to see if you have learned from them as well. This isn't just for your good but for the good of the whole group.
Answering the 3 questions (in both groups) shows me two things.
1. That you have honestly evaluated exactly why you failed and
2. Have come up with a plan to not duplicate the failure.

If you think doing the same thing as last time will have a different result this time, then you are just kidding yourself and wasting our time...
3rd times a charm ??? You have some explaining to do ?? Nov 2013 and April 2014 are two strong groups, you are not getting away with no answers and fucking over another group. Lets hear it and don't try to play dumb with us, we see right through the bullshit
Left the site thinking I could go on without posting roll. Lasted a month and started an internship and started dipping again. Went from end of Sept. - Dec. dipping every day.

Really need to stick with posting roll or just texting someone to pledge my oath. I do not have excuses for dipping. It was my decision and I am owning up to it. This time I know I want to get to that point where I was quit for a year and half and I want to be proud of myself again. I hate the 5-day feeling after quitting and do not want to have to feel it again.

I hope you all will take me back.

Offline Spartanron

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
Quote from: T-Cell

(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

Here here brother. What you posted on the November page was a decent start but you need to really get into these questions for everyone to learn from your mistakes and to see if you have learned from them as well. This isn't just for your good but for the good of the whole group.

If you think doing the same thing as last time will have a different result this time, then you are just kidding yourself and wasting our time...
3rd times a charm ??? You have some explaining to do ?? Nov 2013 and April 2014 are two strong groups, you are not getting away with no answers and fucking over another group. Lets hear it and don't try to play dumb with us, we see right through the bullshit
No more What If's, I quit everyday going forward
Quit Chewing 11/13/12, Quit Nicorette 12/23/12

MY Hall of Fame Speech

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Posting 3 days since your cave- Feb 12 and Nov 13 deserve answers

(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
Posting 3 days since your cave- Feb 12 and Nov 13 deserve answers

(1) What happened?

(2) Why did it happen?

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance