Author Topic: Matt3281  (Read 6239 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Matt3281
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Matt
Quote from: Matt3281
Hello every1 my name is Matt.  I am 32 and live in Mercersburg,pa. I  have a family of 5 Myself and fiance and 3 beautiful kids. I started today on stopping chewing tobacco. I have done it since i was 18yrs old. Started from that stupid thing called peer preasure. I have tried something different on this time trying to quit. I took beef jerky and used my ninja and made it very fine and added some water to it and put it in the tin's of empty chewing tobacco cans. Maybe now each time i choose to get some of that nasty stuff.. i can learn that its not good for me.  I was told a month ago that i may have something growing in my throat. I am not one for hospitals but, i may know what it may be. I have trouble eating and swallowing as of now. I  will only bet that i may have cancer in my throat. So, knowing and betting on that... I quit today. I have only been using chewing tobacco whenever i am very stressed out or just crave it.  I joined this site in hope that i would find more people like myself that could give me advice or give me idea's on how to quit or what to use to fix the oral fixtation.  Thank you, Matt
Damn, Matt I was not prepared to see how much trouble you're in when I started reading your post! The first thing is to flush all the snuff and smokeless crap down the commode. The next thing to go is get medical attention immediately because your symptoms are pretty concerning. The only thing that has kept you from already getting this overdue help that is probably necessary to save your life is the twisted reasoning that the nicotine is more important. The drug has caused your mind to sacrifice everything, even potentially your health and your life, to keep using. If it were even possible I WOULD recommend you go to the hospital and ask to be admitted. It's that important.

I'm sending you a PM to give me a call if you get this message and I'm not trying to alarm you but there is a problem here, bud.
Matt you have a lot of reasons to quit, but number one you must want to be free from this addiction worse than anything else. Get your throat checked out and no matter what the diagnosis maintain your desire to quit. I personally don't like the use of the empty tin for your jerky but that's just me. Absolutely no nicotine end of discussion!!! Now wake up and end your addiction and let the peer pressure here help you through.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
Hello every1 my name is Matt. I am 32 and live in Mercersburg,pa. I have a family of 5 Myself and fiance and 3 beautiful kids. I started today on stopping chewing tobacco. I have done it since i was 18yrs old. Started from that stupid thing called peer preasure. I have tried something different on this time trying to quit. I took beef jerky and used my ninja and made it very fine and added some water to it and put it in the tin's of empty chewing tobacco cans. Maybe now each time i choose to get some of that nasty stuff.. i can learn that its not good for me. I was told a month ago that i may have something growing in my throat. I am not one for hospitals but, i may know what it may be. I have trouble eating and swallowing as of now. I will only bet that i may have cancer in my throat. So, knowing and betting on that... I quit today. I have only been using chewing tobacco whenever i am very stressed out or just crave it. I joined this site in hope that i would find more people like myself that could give me advice or give me idea's on how to quit or what to use to fix the oral fixtation. Thank you, Matt
Damn, Matt I was not prepared to see how much trouble you're in when I started reading your post! The first thing is to flush all the snuff and smokeless crap down the commode. The next thing to go is get medical attention immediately because your symptoms are pretty concerning. The only thing that has kept you from already getting this overdue help that is probably necessary to save your life is the twisted reasoning that the nicotine is more important. The drug has caused your mind to sacrifice everything, even potentially your health and your life, to keep using. If it were even possible I WOULD recommend you go to the hospital and ask to be admitted. It's that important.

I'm sending you a PM to give me a call if you get this message and I'm not trying to alarm you but there is a problem here, bud.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
Hello every1 my name is Matt. I am 32 and live in Mercersburg,pa. I have a family of 5 Myself and fiance and 3 beautiful kids. I started today on stopping chewing tobacco. I have done it since i was 18yrs old. Started from that stupid thing called peer preasure. I have tried something different on this time trying to quit. I took beef jerky and used my ninja and made it very fine and added some water to it and put it in the tin's of empty chewing tobacco cans. Maybe now each time i choose to get some of that nasty stuff.. i can learn that its not good for me. I was told a month ago that i may have something growing in my throat. I am not one for hospitals but, i may know what it may be. I have trouble eating and swallowing as of now. I will only bet that i may have cancer in my throat. So, knowing and betting on that... I quit today. I have only been using chewing tobacco whenever i am very stressed out or just crave it. I joined this site in hope that i would find more people like myself that could give me advice or give me idea's on how to quit or what to use to fix the oral fixtation. Thank you, Matt
After reading your intro matt I determined one fact. You know very little about nicotine and addiction. You know very little about the poison you are putting in your body every day since you were 18 yrs old.

Don't take anything I say in the next few seconds personal. Its truth. The truth will set you free.

You are addicted to one of the most addictive drugs known to man. 1000's of people have used this sight to quit this addictive drug and live happy lives without it every day. Since we are addicted we can never have just one. One is to many and 1000 is never enough. You to are addicted.

You stated that you only dip when you crave. Sorry to tell you, but 30 minutes after your last dip your craves begin. Until nicotine is out of your system, which takes up to 72 hours you will continue to crave. After 72 hours you start healing. You start your journey to a nicotine free life. After 72 hours each day you go without it you crave less and less. I'm 155 days clean and loving my new life.

You need to go to the top left and read welcome center. Learn why and how we post roll. Pay particular attention to why (this is most important).

You want a new life, you have to take it brother. The poison is not going to give it back. Trash your stash, post roll and lets get to really quitting. All this stopping mess is doing you no good. Right now you believe it can't be done. I'm here to tell you it can. You have to get the poison out so you can be free from it.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Matt3281

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping , firefighting , spending time with my kids and fiance.
Matt3281
« on: July 20, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »