Author Topic: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes  (Read 9241 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Quote from: hawkeyerunner
Jcanquit - you're awesome, thanks.

Diesel - I was only being honest on what I was thinking at the time. So fuck you, and Michigan suck dick. ....but you are right, I am addicted to the chemicals. But those chemicals and their use is really really common where I live, work, and play. All of my friends and family do it, and as far as I can remember nobody I know has even tried to quit. So yeah, it's pretty wrapped up in my life and I don't know how to un-do that either.
Well...if you follow the playbook here, you will learn how to UN-do it.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »

Diesel - I was only being honest on what I was thinking at the time. So fuck you, and Michigan suck dick.
So was I and yeah...my avi not looking so good nowadays. But I can handle the criticism because I'm not a cry baby little bitch.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-04
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »

Diesel - I was only being honest on what I was thinking at the time. So fuck you, and Michigan suck dick. ....but you are right, I am addicted to the chemicals. But those chemicals and their use is really really common where I live, work, and play. All of my friends and family do it, and as far as I can remember nobody I know has even tried to quit. So yeah, it's pretty wrapped up in my life and I don't know how to un-do that either.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
Also, what the fuck site is your diary on?

There's fucking dip all over the place. There was even like a watermark dip advertisement as I was reading your diary.

Then I poked around a little bit and after more ads for dip, I read probably the dumbest exchange in the history of man.

Some guy was apologizing for asking questions about cancer and other dudes were forgiving him and saying that they were long time dippers and didn't need to be hearing that shit. One guy ended his response with "Happy Dipping"???? It's almost like that's the anti-KTC

You might want to get off that site if your really serious about quitting and if I were a mod I would eliminate th link to that shitball site. Wtf.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
What a fucking pussy. Didn't you say "fuck those guys" in your little blog thingy when they told you to toss your can?

We aren't going to tell you what you want to hear. We are going to tell you what you need to hear. You have to wear you big boy pants in here, sunshine.

It's not us or our comments that are pissing you off. It's your body's reaction to NICOTINE withdrawal. NICOTINE is what you are addicted to.

You justify your years of use to being a shit kicking cowboy and a snuffin and a spittin is just part of that life. Like that's some defining trait of being a cowboy. That's Bullshit.

There are lawyers, doctors, dentists, etc...on here who chewed longer than your cowboy ass.

Why? Because they were ADDICTED to nicotine.

Your not addicted to a lifestyle, SCIENCE and CHEMISTRY have got your ass.

Do some reading on this site, or go off this site and learn how nicotine addiction really is.

I can tell by reading your diary that your setting yourself up to fail. You've got all the excuses already built in. That half a can in your toolbox being the biggest one. Dipping is manly? How so? I'd love to hear an answer for that one.

Quitting is tough. We don't coddle people here. We tell it like it is and use tough love.

If that's too much and you're too soft then this probably isn't the place for you and you probably won't make it.

I thought cowboys were tough, not a bunch of fucking pussy ass whinny babies. Guess I was wrong?
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline jcanquit

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
Hawkeyerunner, this site can be a slap in the face, kick in the balls, question your manhood etc. and at times piss you off but in the end it works. To be honest the quitters here don't care about all the other stuff, what they care about is you and your quit and will be there for you when you need it most. Where else are you going to get that kind of support? Nicotine has a hold on us all and we all know what it is like to quit, cold turkey and we can walk you through each and every day of your quit journey. We'll put up with your rage, your comments and your despair and will still be there on the other side as long as you promise to quit each and every day. It's like that shitty medicine you were given as a kid and you fought to take but in the end you knew it was what was best for you and would make you better in the end. In this case it's not just feeling better it's saving your life. You're quit and that's a start and now you want to stay quit and that is where this site and the people on it will help. Jump in, embrace the good and bad and end up living a long life.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
Holy crap, what more do I need to do to prove to you people I'm quitting? Sacrifice a goat?

I haven't dipped in 2 days, my temper is short, my stomach hurts, I can't focus or sleep and I pretty much hate everything right now.

So far, this website has done nothing but piss me off, and losing my temper is the first step toward me dipping again. I've gone this far, and I'm not going back because I'll inevitably have to do it all over again and this would be for nothing.
Ahhh...honey. Buckle up then.

Like I said in my first post (that you slightly answered)....What do you know about us? I've read your AMA. Hell, I've visited that sub. Did you know that there is one specifically for quitting as well?

48 hours is a awesome, but it is a drop in the bucket to being quit. Don't ask addicts that are currently using how to quit. Listen to actual quitters and you'll know what you need to do. We don't respect tries here. We respect the act...the fight. I could give a shit less of attracting "4000 potential quitters". You are quit. You've posted roll. We can help you. Not everybody is saved, but anyone can be.

So, ask me (or any of the badass 21k members) how to stay quit today. We'll help you with that. Ask us to hold your hand through a craving. We'll help you with that. Ask us to act nice and dance for ya? 'Finger'

Now, we quit here through brotherhood. I got your back. You got mine. I need to trust that you have my back and that I can turn to you when my quit is in trouble. Because, honestly, quitting isn't all easy...but it is simple: Post roll, keep your word, and repeat. Quitting is a decision, and you back it up by continuing to make that decision. You are the only one that decide whether you'll stay quit. I don't care if you're keeping a diary of this process on the back of your dog...just don't ever forget how bad this sucks. The first few days are awful, and I never want to relive that again.

You aren't flaunting shit by doing this. We know how to quit. We do it every day.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
Yeah, thanks for that, thanks a lot. Because of it I got to spend all evening with this crap and I'm so pissed off that when I went to a website that is supposedly the best one to quit on, I get heckled instead. You guys all really suck, I'm making an honest effort here and instead I get treated like shit.

Thanks a lot.
Dude - Grow a sack. Know day 2 is tough. We have all been there. Cold turkey just like you. You're pissed right now, raging. The nic bitch is in your head and has you by the balls. You are 1 or 2 days away from nic being out of your system. You need to make it through those days then it's all head games.

I'm not gonna debate who what why. I get you right now. You need to understand this place works. Tough love. If you want to, you will succeed here.

My story: 25 years can a day 9100 days 35 thousand bucks 154 days quit.

I bought in and drank the kool aid.

Thirsty?

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
Yeah, thanks for that, thanks a lot. Because of it I got to spend all evening with this crap and I'm so pissed off that when I went to a website that is supposedly the best one to quit on, I get heckled instead. You guys all really suck, I'm making an honest effort here and instead I get treated like shit.

Thanks a lot.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Like I said. I kind of see what you're doing on reddit. And that's cool I guess. You're obviously going to describe it to people who haven't quit yet and maybe don't even really want to, but I would keep that project and this one seperate. People here are going to be offended by being directed to that site. I don't really know how else to explain it. I saw that page, saw cans of snuff and kind of wanted a dip. Not urgently. But it did make the thought cross my mind
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
I told him it would be a good idea to post this in his intro. I'll take the heat for that.

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
I only posted it here because I was told to when I was in the chat room earlier today. I started Reddit because I didn't know where else to start.

Apparently that makes me scum.

If I wasn't serious about it, I would have thrown a big fat dip in the second this got hard. But if you read my Reddit post, you'd see that I've been having a pretty crappy time.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
I agree with you, Cindy. Had I known it would be this horrible I wouldn't have started it - but I'm this far now and I know quitting will inevitably happen.

If you read the entire thing, you probably saw that I hate losing and not being in control so going back to dipping now would mean exactly that and I'm not going there.
I'm just saying if you're serious then use this site like it's intended. Post your intro here instead of us having to go to a page covered with snuff pics to read about you. Post roll. Read how the site works ect and I will quit with you
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Holy crap, what more do I need to do to prove to you people I'm quitting? Sacrifice a goat?

I haven't dipped in 2 days, my temper is short, my stomach hurts, I can't focus or sleep and I pretty much hate everything right now.

So far, this website has done nothing but piss me off, and losing my temper is the first step toward me dipping again. I've gone this far, and I'm not going back because I'll inevitably have to do it all over again and this would be for nothing.

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
Poof.