Author Topic: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes  (Read 9238 times)

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Reddit AMA - Live updating my quit as it goes
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »
You could quit calling us names. That would be helpful. You don't act like a cowboy you act like a punk ass kid.
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-04
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
Also, I deleted the entire post on Reddit since it offended so many of you fuckers.

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »
I'm motivated by two things, money and my hatred for not being in control of what's in my damn mouth. I announced I was quitting to everyone I know and I don't want to go back to it, it would mean admitting defeat and losing.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
Quote from: hawkeyerunner
Diesel - Fuck you, leave me alone and let me quit in peace. Dick.

Done4Me - you're awesome and I totally agree. For instance, I just caught myself thinking that I'd finish the night with some reading and a dip...umm, where the hell did that thought come from? I've been on rage mode all evening about not doing that and then I was all "hey, I should have a dip." It's in my fucking brain right now.
Thanks dude. Diesel and I are preaching the same message. You're just pissed because he's more direct.

I want to live. I want to be a father, a granddad. I want an extended life.

My guess... you want the same. Figure out how to make this place work for you.

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »
Diesel - Fuck you, leave me alone and let me quit in peace. Dick.

Done4Me - you're awesome and I totally agree. For instance, I just caught myself thinking that I'd finish the night with some reading and a dip...umm, where the hell did that thought come from? I've been on rage mode all evening about not doing that and then I was all "hey, I should have a dip." It's in my fucking brain right now.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Yeah, I was told the reverse earlier. That it would be cool and appreciated. I haven't had any tobacco for almost exactly 48 hours now and everything is spazzing out.

My latest entry over there is this:

10/5 at 9:30 p.m.: I've spent the entire evening arguing with assholes on killthecan.com. I don't even feel human right now. My stomach hurts, I can't focus worth a shit and everything is extremely annoying. This fucking sucks!
Yeah bro. That's nicotine withdrawl. It takes 3 days to purge that shit out of your system.

Try drinking mass quantities of water to help flush it out.

You've done a lot of damage to your brain by dipping all those years. We all did.

I was so fucked up when I quit I didn't know which way was up. I was so scared and riddled with anxiety I thought I was dieing...literally.

You have to re-wire your brain. It's not a quick or easy process, but one that thousands on this site have done. I'm willing to bet the same cannot be said for that other site.

Go all in over here. We've been in your shoes. We can help.
Word.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »
Yeah, I was told the reverse earlier. That it would be cool and appreciated. I haven't had any tobacco for almost exactly 48 hours now and everything is spazzing out.

10/5 at 9:30 p.m.: I've spent the entire evening arguing with assholes on killthecan.com. I don't even feel human right now. My stomach hurts, I can't focus worth a shit and everything is extremely annoying. This fucking sucks!
Yeah bro. That's nicotine withdrawl. It takes 3 days to purge that shit out of your system.

Try drinking mass quantities of water to help flush it out.

You've done a lot of damage to your brain by dipping all those years. We all did.

I was so fucked up when I quit I didn't know which way was up. I was so scared and riddled with anxiety I thought I was dieing...literally.

You have to re-wire your brain. It's not a quick or easy process, but one that thousands on this site have done. I'm willing to bet the same cannot be said for that other site.

Go all in over here. We've been in your shoes. We can help.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
I'm not holding it against anyone, I didn't know what I was getting into. I can see that you're all very serious about quitting and that's awesome.

So, I'm going to leave this account for a few days and come back later this week with a new one, under a new name, so you little faggots will treat me decently from the get-go.

My quit was going so much better before I got on here.
Don't matter who suggested what, that site is straight up garbage. That's my main point.

Yes. We are very serious about quitting. That's what this site is built on. Last I checked if you REALLY want something, you need to put SERIOUS effort into it.

Come back as another person. Now THAT'S manly.

How about you just start posting roll, delete your account at that other site, and see how ktc really works.

Probably too scared to do that...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »
I'm not holding it against anyone, I didn't know what I was getting into. I can see that you're all very serious about quitting and that's awesome.

So, I'm going to leave this account for a few days and come back later this week with a new one, under a new name, so you little faggots will treat me decently from the get-go.

Nah, man. That's not how we do it.

You don't get to redo your birth. You don't get a new entrance. One of the few rules we have on this site is one profile (unlike reddit).

Sack up. Stay quit. See you in the morning.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-31
  • Interests: Okinawa Kenpo Karate KobudoMuso Jikiden Eishin Ryu IaiMountain BikingHikingWaxing PhilosophicalStargazingPlaying PercussionStaying close with Christ
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
None reddit people should not go to reddit... It's worse culture shock than coming here... While other world....

It could work.... But that requires hawk to drink the koolaid... Then that sub reddit would get really interesting.
Good Stuff,

- The Professor

December 14 Quit bushi with RANT
Quote from: mitchy42
Either get COMMITTED or get FUCKED!!
Quote from: visamoht
Just be aware the nic bitch never quits. She's doing push-ups in the parking lot right now.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
Jcanquit - you're awesome, thanks.

Diesel - I was only being honest on what I was thinking at the time. So fuck you, and Michigan suck dick. ....but you are right, I am addicted to the chemicals. But those chemicals and their use is really really common where I live, work, and play. All of my friends and family do it, and as far as I can remember nobody I know has even tried to quit. So yeah, it's pretty wrapped up in my life and I don't know how to un-do that either.
Well...if you follow the playbook here, you will learn how to UN-do it.
Clemson 41 NCSU 0

Not a good day.

No crying here either.

Still a fan. Still quit.

If the Reddit subshit experiment doesn't work out, shift your attention over here 100%. But only if you truly want to quit.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
hawkeye, you are right, dipping is pretty manly

Offline hawkeyerunner

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »
Also, what the fuck site is your diary on?

There's fucking dip all over the place. There was even like a watermark dip advertisement as I was reading your diary.

Then I poked around a little bit and after more ads for dip, I read probably the dumbest exchange in the history of man.

Some guy was apologizing for asking questions about cancer and other dudes were forgiving him and saying that they were long time dippers and didn't need to be hearing that shit. One guy ended his response with "Happy Dipping"???? It's almost like that's the anti-KTC

You might want to get off that site if your really serious about quitting and if I were a mod I would eliminate th link to that shitball site. Wtf.
Diesel, bro. I told him to post the link... obviously an over site on my part. So if you're gonna give heat for that you should direct it my way. Shoulda looked at it closer before I told him to share.