Author Topic: nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
So do you want to "try to quit" or do you want to quit? If you have the balls then throw the can away and start posting roll. If you just came here to tell us what a failure you have been in the past, then your work here is done. I dipped for 30 years and have been quit for 800+ days by following the lead of some great quitters here. If you really want to quit, I mean really really want to quit, we can help you.

Ball is in your court buttercup.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
Click on the pink welcome center link in the banner above. Do what it says. welcome.

Offline isaac

• Likes Given: 0
nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I have found your community helpful today. I pull it up on my iphone.. read a couple of things. Helps me on some of the rough times.

38yo dipping since i was in college. Skoal Man came to my Fraternity every Monday. As many bricks as we wanted, no charge. That's 20 years now.

I am a successful dipper. Not too many people know about it. I have my ways, I'm sure you can relate. My family doesn't see it. I own my own company. My employees know when to not come in and bother me during the day. They know not to talk to my wife or kids about it. It's a silent agreement. I've been a very good manipulator, to keep my can with me.

I'm a dipper, 1-2 cans a day. Straight Longcut. My peaceful place.

Saturday was the first full day that I can remember that I didn't have nicotine. I have failed at every attempt to quit within hours.

Could not handle it last night. Had half a can.

So far so good today. Not a pinch. No celebrating though. I feel like crap. Just hope I can fall asleep and get this day over.