Author Topic: nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster  (Read 4229 times)

Offline isaac

• Likes Given: 0
Re: nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
Still ok. Found some Hydrocodone. I'm not a pill kinda of guy at all but told the fam i wasn't feeling well, went upstairs and took one, put on the fishing channel. Thinking in my head was I want to go to sleep, this will help. Had to leave work early today.

It's not just dipping though, would smoke cigs to get in between the can. Haven't had a smoke either. FYI

You know you do something for so long you don't know what life is outside of that. I don't remember what life is like without the can? What do you do with yourself? How do you relax? How do you take a shit? How do you release stress? What do you take when you're anxious? How do you watch sports?

I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Just want to stop being a liar and a fuckup.

Offline fwhammer

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
Welcome Isaac. I to was a 30+ year "ninja" dipper. Hid it from darn near everyone I loved. Now 306 days quit I realize what I was missing out on. It's great to be free from the tobacco but I will always be an addict. This brotherhood helps me to keep my word and keep the nicotine bitch at bay. I am quit with you!

Offline Marcusaurelius

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Rob1985
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: isaac
OK gave it a shot I think I did it right. Sorry for the hand-holding.
Isaac, you got it close bro. No worries fucking up roll is a right of passage. Fuck up roll just don't fuck up your quit.

Your foggy and pissy, but there are a few thousand of us here that have your back.
You did fine... the simple mistake was noticed and it's expected, your on the books and your pledge has been made. When you make the easy mistake of messing up roll, we see it and take note of your effort to own this quit! If you need anything, PM me!

I quit with you!
Good Job...Welcome to the most bad ass group you could ever be involved with... everyone here has been or is going through the same things you are so dont be a pussy... we all do this together... one day at a time.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
Way to go man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember, think in terms of 24hrs. If you have to break it down into 12 hr increments. "I will not dip until noon!" , "I will not get up at midnight and take a dip".

If you have to, take it one hour at a time. Think of each passing hour as a small victory over nicotine.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Isaac, you got it close bro. No worries fucking up roll is a right of passage. Fuck up roll just don't fuck up your quit.

Your foggy and pissy, but there are a few thousand of us here that have your back.
You did fine... the simple mistake was noticed and it's expected, your on the books and your pledge has been made. When you make the easy mistake of messing up roll, we see it and take note of your effort to own this quit! If you need anything, PM me!

I quit with you!
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »

Offline isaac

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
I can't seem to get past your first steps. I have been looking for 30 minutes. I'm not sure why I can't figure this out. I'm stuck on step one. I don't know where this "roll call" is.

"1. Login, go to your quit page" - haven't figured out what a quit page is or where it is. A form? A specific forum? I'm lost

"Step 1 - find the last roll call" I can't find it.

Why am I missing this?
Hi Isaac, You would be part of the July group and you would go here to post roll. You can find this by going to quit groups on the main forum page. Once you are there scroll almost all the way to the bottom and find the July Pre-HOF class. That is where you will post roll. It is a process, but you will get the hang of it. It all gets way better. Give a shout if you need anything else.

Offline isaac

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
I can't seem to get past your first steps. I have been looking for 30 minutes. I'm not sure why I can't figure this out. I'm stuck on step one. I don't know where this "roll call" is.

"1. Login, go to your quit page" - haven't figured out what a quit page is or where it is. A form? A specific forum? I'm lost

"Step 1 - find the last roll call" I can't find it.

Why am I missing this?

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Sorry... I see now. had not reviewed that link thank you i did not see it.
Post roll, make your promise and keep your word. It's as simple as that. As a 40 year addict I can promise you if you want to be quit you can do it today and repeat it tomorrow. 100% commitment is required or the bitch will win!
post roll. keep your word for today. don't worry about tomorrow.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »
Post roll, make your promise and keep your word. It's as simple as that. As a 40 year addict I can promise you if you want to be quit you can do it today and repeat it tomorrow. 100% commitment is required or the bitch will win!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline isaac

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
And don't get pissed off. Think about it this way. When you're dipping, you're actually doing nothing but spitting. You're doing NOTHING. Whatever you're doing while you're dipping is something. Dipping is actually nothing. It's kind of like drinking. You're only renting dip for a little while. You can spit with dog vomit in your cheek and it's much cheaper.

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
You'll have to excuse me. I haven't read through your entire organization's material. If there are rules and common practices I might have missed it. I only found this place last night when I was pissed I dipped again.

I clicked the link. I'm not sure where you are directing me to. I see a link to buy what looks like poker chips. I assume you buy these when you reach certain milestones.
It's not pink. Pink is for milestone chips. I think somebody described it as salmon colored and it's on the upper left side of the screen. It says "Welcome Center." Click there and read each post. If you need help, PM me or any other person on this site. We'll help.

Offline isaac

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
You'll have to excuse me. I haven't read through your entire organization's material. If there are rules and common practices I might have missed it. I only found this place last night when I was pissed I dipped again.

I clicked the link. I'm not sure where you are directing me to. I see a link to buy what looks like poker chips. I assume you buy these when you reach certain milestones.