Author Topic: nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster  (Read 4227 times)

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: nTH time trying to Quit - First time poster
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
Quote from: isaac
jaynellie
I'm your age, please don't call me a kid again. I might be an abuser, but I'm not a prick.

Rich.. earning potential is a LOT different then "rich" I was concerned about bringing that up..... always changes everything.
I guess I'll just assume that pill is so important. Your surrounded by 20 pkus year chewers that just manned the fuck up and quit with no OXY. I have to agree with Jay, get over your earning potential your self righteous shit and quit. Were all important and were all quit regardless, of what our 1099D or 1099I or K2's or W2's say. I quit like fuck, funny I earn like fuck too.

Offline isaac

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 12:07:00 AM »
jaynellie
I'm your age, please don't call me a kid again. I might be an abuser, but I'm not a prick.

Rich.. earning potential is a LOT different then "rich" I was concerned about bringing that up..... always changes everything.

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
Fucked up. Took another pill to get over the nic addiction. Listen. I know. I know I know I know. I fuckin' know.

I appreciate the help I have received in your community. But I asked myself a questionÂ….. why have I reached out to this community instead of other avenues?

I do know the answer. Because I am the authority, the husband, the provider, the boss, the paycheck, the father, and the mentor to everyone in my world. I'm the good guy with a very very bad secret. And man I am goodÂ…. if I was to die today, so may people would be surprised when they find out.

I have no friends. I work. I make a lot of $$, I spend $$, I go back to work. I'm more comfortable talking to you in this chat room then I am talking to anyone else? I don't fucking know maybe I'm reaching out over a computer because I'm desperate.

I'm smart enough to know there is nobody out there that has a magic wand that can save me. Only I can do it.

I'm not sure who started this site, or who manages it, but I would like to thank that individual. This is the first time in my life I have been able to actually spill it out and say, I am an addict of all things. DIP is my #1 love. Alcohol my #2.

I didn't DIP or have a cig today. I took 2 OXYs.

I have't told you the whole story.

I was supposed to have tests this week for "Key Man Insurance."  Some of you might know what that is. In my deceitful ways, I got another week out of it to prepare. Investors, VC firms, etc. need to evaluate my health, to manage against it and "insurance" against it. Whatever that means. How I score will dictate how much it will cost these companies to insure my life. Or better way to say it.. how much it will cost them if I die. Also… my secret is out!!!!!!!

Isn't it sick this is what I'm talking about, and I have a beautiful wife, a 3yo beautiful and smart little boy, another beautiful 2yo little boy, and I know I have threatened that, but the fact that I face Millions in expenses because of this addiction to DIP and alcohol.

Go ahead. I'm sure some of you guys that have made it clean can rip me apart. I envy you. I wish I knew your secret. Call me whatever you want. Today, yesterday, and the day before, I did not DIP. I need these small wins. This is very big for me. I didn't DIP today. I'm going to try and not DIP tomorrow, and not take a pill tomorrow.

It's like one foot in front of another.
I'll be honest you sound like that rich prick ass kid that get's everything they ask for, but doesn't want his toys to be taken away when he Fucks Up. Trading one bad habit for another doesn't solve or eliminate any problems. What you need to be able to do doesn't require any money, it doesn't even really require any outside help. You need to start owning your shit and feeling comfortable in your own skin. I'm not an expert at all but I have to think you have some more issues going on and you are abusing yourself to numb the feelings.Take care man..rinse and repeat...daily.
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
I wish I knew your secret.
I will be happy to ell you my secret...the way I quit.

I made a conscious/concerted/firm decision each and every single day not to put that shit in my mouth.

There is no ninja dip. A pinch is not going to magically jump it your mouth. No stealth form of nicotine exists. You and only you make the decision to use it.

I quit by not putting it in my mouth. That simple. Hard as hell; trust me I know. But it can be done.

Don't try tomorrow. Do tomorrow.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline isaac

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
Fucked up. Took another pill to get over the nic addiction. Listen. I know. I know I know I know. I fuckin' know.

I appreciate the help I have received in your community. But I asked myself a questionÂ….. why have I reached out to this community instead of other avenues?

I do know the answer. Because I am the authority, the husband, the provider, the boss, the paycheck, the father, and the mentor to everyone in my world. I'm the good guy with a very very bad secret. And man I am goodÂ…. if I was to die today, so may people would be surprised when they find out.

I have no friends really. I work. I make $, I spend $, I go back to work. I'm more comfortable talking to you in this chat room then I am talking to anyone else? I don't fucking know maybe I'm reaching out over a computer because I'm desperate.

I'm smart enough to know there is nobody out there that has a magic wand that can save me. Only I can do it.

I'm not sure who started this site, or who manages it, but I would like to thank that individual. This is the first time in my life I have been able to actually spill it out and say, I am an addict of all things. DIP is my #1 love. Alcohol my #2.

I didn't DIP or have a cig today.

I haven't told you the whole story.

I was supposed to have tests this week for "Key Man Insurance." Some of you might know what that is. In my deceitful ways, I got another week out of it to prepare. Investors, VC firms, etc. need to evaluate my health, to manage against it and "insurance" against it. Whatever that means. How I score will dictate how much it will cost these companies to insure my life. Or better way to say it.. how much it will cost them if I die. AlsoÂ… my secret is out!!!!!!!

Isn't it sick this is what I'm talking about, and I have a beautiful wife, a 3yo beautiful and smart little boy, another beautiful 2yo little boy, and I know I have threatened that, but the fact that I face Millions in expenses because of this addiction to DIP and alcohol.

Go ahead. I'm sure some of you guys that have made it clean can rip me apart. I envy you. I wish I knew your secret. Call me whatever you want. Today, yesterday, and the day before, I did not DIP. I need these small wins. This is very big for me. I didn't DIP today. I'm going to try and not DIP tomorrow, and not take a pill tomorrow.

It's like one foot in front of another.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: rickddd
You know you do something for so long you don't know what life is outside of that. I don't remember what life is like without the can? What do you do with yourself? How do you relax? How do you take a shit? How do you release stress? What do you take when you're anxious? How do you watch sports?
Yes i know exactly what you mean, Isaac. I dipped copenhagen for 30 years, bro, I'm on day 88 and I can tell you it gets much much better. Your body will relearn how to do things without chew/nicotine. You just gotta get tough and get thru it. The early days are the worst, but as you can see on this site, it is absolutely possible to do it. Take it one day at a time, or 1 hour at a time if that works better for you. Dont think or worry about anything else right now.

And I would recommend NOT using alcohol or narcotics to get thru the suck. You're just replacing one addictive substance with another. Not a good idea.
well done. You will find alot of us on here where when we quit it was a whole new ballgame. I mean for me, I started dipping at 18, did it for 23+ years, so I had no idea as an adult how to live life without it. But I learned as I went and with some great support here.

So a few of your answers - *disclaimer - some serious but will let you decide:

What do you do with yourself? picked up hobbies, (right now its leatherworking and paracord projects) but people say to keep yourself busy

How do you relax? wife was also so proud she provided some entertainment if no wife am sure there are a lot of numbers out there, or maybe polly palmster and her 5 sisters....

How do you take a shit? lots of bran, apple and cranberry juice along with water just keep inputting it and it will flow

How do you release stress? see relaxing above....also working out like a madman, or jumping into live chat and cussin up a storm

What do you take when you're anxious? am gonna leave this one as some may say a long piece of salami

How do you watch sports? through my eyes, and sometimes ears when on the radio

you got this, stay an even keel and you will be able to maintain this quit every day as you post up +1
Hey isaac. Been catching up on all the problems you've had the last couple. First of all glad to see your taking your life back. As your finding out it hasn't been your life for a while. Your life had been ruled by the can. I also read where you decided to pop a peal. Listen man,,, Take your life back,,,,, no nicotine, drugs, alcohol, no nothing for a while. Give it two weeks, one day at a time and see how good you feel. You will be so surprised. I'm not saying that everything will be all fixed in two weeks but you will be amazed at how different you feel. TAKE YOUR LIFE BACK!!!!!! I've been quit for 48 days and I can't believe all I was missing out on because of the nicotine. I had a lipper in since the age of 16 and i'm 44 now. Do the math,,, If I can do it you can.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Quote from: rickddd
You know you do something for so long you don't know what life is outside of that. I don't remember what life is like without the can? What do you do with yourself? How do you relax? How do you take a shit? How do you release stress? What do you take when you're anxious? How do you watch sports?
Yes i know exactly what you mean, Isaac. I dipped copenhagen for 30 years, bro, I'm on day 88 and I can tell you it gets much much better. Your body will relearn how to do things without chew/nicotine. You just gotta get tough and get thru it. The early days are the worst, but as you can see on this site, it is absolutely possible to do it. Take it one day at a time, or 1 hour at a time if that works better for you. Dont think or worry about anything else right now.

And I would recommend NOT using alcohol or narcotics to get thru the suck. You're just replacing one addictive substance with another. Not a good idea.
well done. You will find alot of us on here where when we quit it was a whole new ballgame. I mean for me, I started dipping at 18, did it for 23+ years, so I had no idea as an adult how to live life without it. But I learned as I went and with some great support here.

So a few of your answers - *disclaimer - some serious but will let you decide:

What do you do with yourself? picked up hobbies, (right now its leatherworking and paracord projects) but people say to keep yourself busy

How do you relax? wife was also so proud she provided some entertainment if no wife am sure there are a lot of numbers out there, or maybe polly palmster and her 5 sisters....

How do you take a shit? lots of bran, apple and cranberry juice along with water just keep inputting it and it will flow

How do you release stress? see relaxing above....also working out like a madman, or jumping into live chat and cussin up a storm

What do you take when you're anxious? am gonna leave this one as some may say a long piece of salami

How do you watch sports? through my eyes, and sometimes ears when on the radio

you got this, stay an even keel and you will be able to maintain this quit every day as you post up +1

Offline isaac

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
OK OK I hear you.

I posted roll today. I see it was modified. I deserve that.

I'll make it today you'll hear good news from me this time tomorrow.

Thx for the ass kick.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »

---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Still ok. Found some Hydrocodone. I'm not a pill kinda of guy at all but told the fam i wasn't feeling well, went upstairs and took one, put on the fishing channel. Thinking in my head was I want to go to sleep, this will help. Had to leave work early today.

It's not just dipping though, would smoke cigs to get in between the can. Haven't had a smoke either. FYI

I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Just want to stop being a liar and a fuckup.
I think you need to get your family involved. If you cant tell your wife or family your quit, does that mean your ok if you fail? I shouted my shot from the roof tops. My wife my kids, my friends my priest. Hell I even told the guy behind the counter at the gym, low and behold, about every third day he will ask if I am still quit and for how many days.

Post roll with everyone, make your accountability circle huge.

Just my .02 KKLJINC, quitting with you.
Are you fucking shitting me! Replacing dip with pills? You are an addict, quit putting drugs in your mouth. Unfucking believable!!!!!!!!

'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head'
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Still ok. Found some Hydrocodone. I'm not a pill kinda of guy at all but told the fam i wasn't feeling well, went upstairs and took one, put on the fishing channel. Thinking in my head was I want to go to sleep, this will help. Had to leave work early today.

It's not just dipping though, would smoke cigs to get in between the can. Haven't had a smoke either. FYI

I think you need to get your family involved. If you cant tell your wife or family your quit, does that mean your ok if you fail? I shouted my shot from the roof tops. My wife my kids, my friends my priest. Hell I even told the guy behind the counter at the gym, low and behold, about every third day he will ask if I am still quit and for how many days.

Post roll with everyone, make your accountability circle huge.

Just my .02 KKLJINC, quitting with you.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
There is no magic trick, Isaac. Just keep your word, get through the day. It can be a bitch. It WILL be a bitch often. But day 13 will be better than day 3. Day 23 better than 13, etc etc. Failing will be the result of a lot of decisions, not accidents or inevitabilities. Stay close to KTC, read to take your mind off the fog. Ask questions in your quit group. Rant, rave, whatever. PS - there are a TON of ex-ninja dippers like yourself on this site. Don't try to ninja-quit, though. Trust me.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »
Ugh....I glazed over the oxy.

SM is dead on as usual. No fucking oxy.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Isaac, NO Fucking nicotine. Period. No cigs, no chew, no gum, no patch. And lay off the friggin oxy. Replacing a nicotine addiction with an opiate addiction isn't going to help you much.

You gotta grit your teeth an accept the withdrawal symptoms. The only way out is through.

Sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »

You are well on your way. Those things will all seem normal to you in due time. It takes exactly that, time.

Keep up the good work.