Author Topic: Trying to Kill the bear!  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Trying to Kill the bear!
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: I'm
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Smeds
I see you've been on repeatedly today ... "lurking", more than likely full of shame for caving on a group of brothers. As well you should be. Here's your HOF speech:

July 1,2014

At the age of 15 I became a slave to nicotine. At first, I felt in control, alive.It started with Skoal Bandits. We use to sneak them at school. It was fun.
Soon the fun wasn't there so much as the need. Like any other addiction, it took control from me. Soon I was checking my can to see if I had enough to last me til the next day, searching my truck for just enough change to buy a can. Cleaning out the endless abyss of empty snuff cans and spit bottles in my truck or car. I'm sure you all know what I mean.
Sadly this went on for the next 17 years or so. My wife, the doctors, the dentist, they all tried to get me to quit, even tried meds to help me quit. Every time I thought about quitting, I would end up using more. Every time I worried about my gums bleeding, or the white patches of skin in my mouth, or the raw bloody patches, I would end up using more.
Until one day, I'm not sure what changed in me, I logged on to the computer and searched quitting smokeless tobacco, and stumbled across this site.
To this day, I don't know why I quit, and I don't want to question it. Maybe it's because when I read some of the posts here, I realized, there is life after the nic bitch. If these guys did it, so can I. All I know is that it opened my eyes, the excuses wouldn't work anymore. NO MORE BULLSHIT. I CAN'T PUSS OUT AND LET DOWN MY GROUP. I now had to keep my word.
It has not been easy, but when it seemed to hard to keep my quit, I would read the roll call, I would get on chat, or I would text my buddy Yemtig, he was going threw it with me, he understood.Its hard to believe it has been 100 days since I quit, but there is no magical number saying that it's over. Still have make that concise decision each day, not to become that slave again.
In closing, I want to say Thanks you Thank you to all of you here on KTC. I know that I've been pretty quiet these first 100 days of my quit, posted roll and moved along, but I'm here for the long haul. If I can help just one person break free of their addiction, I will do all I can.One again,Thank you all for your support, tough love and friendship.QLF EDD ODAAT with you all.

Pit Viper aka Greg

You chose to fail. There is no excuse ... you're the one in control (or not) of your addiction. You chose to fail probably 300+ days ago ... you just prolonged it until now. I can't begin to count the number of times I sent a reminder text to get your ass on roll. You half-assed this latest stoppage, all the way up to failure at 489 days. Hopefully someone else can read this pile-of-shit intro and gain another notch in their "not fucking ever going to be me" belt. I hope Yemtig reads it. I can tell you this ... more than likely we'll move on without a discussion in July ... because you never really bought in. 'Finger'
Man I can't even imagine what throwing 500 days of this brotherhood away must feel like. Time for a little soul searching. What does this complete failure feel like?

July has lost 2 members in about a month. First macgregor and now you. Both have a similar past. Semi frequent posts unless prompted. Few if any posts outside of roll. Didn't utilize the brotherhood when things got tough.

What does this feel like? Let's hear it.
It's easier to understand a Newb caving. Maybe they haven't learned about their addiction and may not have been around long enough to build an arsenal of quit tools. But a man caving after almost 500 days? That's unreal. That's a man who wasted his resources. That's a fucking slap in the face! Hope it feels good.
Personally, I don't think a Newb caving is "easy" to understand. If you post roll, you give your word and your promise. If you cave and you posted roll then you broke your promise and you are a worthless piece of shit with no integrity. Doesn't matter if you posted and caved on day 10 or day 510. You post then cave....you suck. Period.
His absolute bullshit from July '14 ... the month he caved "on":
Quote from: Pit
I let myself and my July brothers down four nights ago. I was on my 488th day of quit,and I gave in to a moment of weakness. No Excuses.
1. What Happened? Was the designated driver for a night out. Was very bored and was not having fun watching everybody else have fun. A friend handed me a cigarette and I smoked it.
2.Why did it happen? It happened because I was aggitated,bored,and I was weak.
3.What are you going to do differently? I am always going to be on guard ,and reach out to my Brothers in my times of weakness.
I'm very sorry to let you all down. Give me Hell. I deserve it.
You post then cave ... you suck. Period. - Steakbomb18
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »
Quote from: I'm
I see you've been on repeatedly today ... "lurking", more than likely full of shame for caving on a group of brothers. As well you should be. Here's your HOF speech:

July 1,2014

At the age of 15 I became a slave to nicotine. At first, I felt in control, alive.It started with Skoal Bandits. We use to sneak them at school. It was fun.
Soon the fun wasn't there so much as the need. Like any other addiction, it took control from me. Soon I was checking my can to see if I had enough to last me til the next day, searching my truck for just enough change to buy a can. Cleaning out the endless abyss of empty snuff cans and spit bottles in my truck or car. I'm sure you all know what I mean.
Sadly this went on for the next 17 years or so. My wife, the doctors, the dentist, they all tried to get me to quit, even tried meds to help me quit. Every time I thought about quitting, I would end up using more. Every time I worried about my gums bleeding, or the white patches of skin in my mouth, or the raw bloody patches, I would end up using more.
Until one day, I'm not sure what changed in me, I logged on to the computer and searched quitting smokeless tobacco, and stumbled across this site.
To this day, I don't know why I quit, and I don't want to question it. Maybe it's because when I read some of the posts here, I realized, there is life after the nic bitch. If these guys did it, so can I. All I know is that it opened my eyes, the excuses wouldn't work anymore. NO MORE BULLSHIT. I CAN'T PUSS OUT AND LET DOWN MY GROUP. I now had to keep my word.
It has not been easy, but when it seemed to hard to keep my quit, I would read the roll call, I would get on chat, or I would text my buddy Yemtig, he was going threw it with me, he understood.Its hard to believe it has been 100 days since I quit, but there is no magical number saying that it's over. Still have make that concise decision each day, not to become that slave again.
In closing, I want to say Thanks you Thank you to all of you here on KTC. I know that I've been pretty quiet these first 100 days of my quit, posted roll and moved along, but I'm here for the long haul. If I can help just one person break free of their addiction, I will do all I can.One again,Thank you all for your support, tough love and friendship.QLF EDD ODAAT with you all.

Pit Viper aka Greg

You chose to fail. There is no excuse ... you're the one in control (or not) of your addiction. You chose to fail probably 300+ days ago ... you just prolonged it until now. I can't begin to count the number of times I sent a reminder text to get your ass on roll. You half-assed this latest stoppage, all the way up to failure at 489 days. Hopefully someone else can read this pile-of-shit intro and gain another notch in their "not fucking ever going to be me" belt. I hope Yemtig reads it. I can tell you this ... more than likely we'll move on without a discussion in July ... because you never really bought in. 'Finger'
Man I can't even imagine what throwing 500 days of this brotherhood away must feel like. Time for a little soul searching. What does this complete failure feel like?

July has lost 2 members in about a month. First macgregor and now you. Both have a similar past. Semi frequent posts unless prompted. Few if any posts outside of roll. Didn't utilize the brotherhood when things got tough.

It's easier to understand a Newb caving. Maybe they haven't learned about their addiction and may not have been around long enough to build an arsenal of quit tools. But a man caving after almost 500 days? That's unreal. That's a man who wasted his resources. That's a fucking slap in the face! Hope it feels good.
Personally, I don't think a Newb caving is "easy" to understand. If you post roll, you give your word and your promise. If you cave and you posted roll then you broke your promise and you are a worthless piece of shit with no integrity. Doesn't matter if you posted and caved on day 10 or day 510. You post then cave....you suck. Period.
Certified Grade A Badass

I'm done with chew

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 02:19:00 AM »

July 1,2014

Pit Viper aka Greg

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »

July 1,2014

Pit Viper aka Greg

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »

July 1,2014

Pit Viper aka Greg

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
July is hitting the 2nd floor, look out! Nice quit PV!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
Pit ... huge Congrats on the 2nd floor bro! Proud to be quit with you EDD, and proud to have you as a DD quitter!

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Congrats on the 100 Pit Viper! Quit Like Fuck!

Wolfe

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
NO MORE BULLSHIT. I CAN'T PUSS OUT AND LET DOWN MY GROUP.

Truer words were never spoken. Congrats on the hof and keep these gems coming. Thanks!

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Stay strong. We can do this...
---------
'boob'

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
Stay with it PV..we're with you.

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
You're killin it bud, proud to quit with you today.
Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline yemtig

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping.. You name it.. Somewhere out in the woods
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 10:57:00 PM »
I'm here with ya viper... Just keep your word, post roll and stay quit! We are going through the same shit together... sent my info to ya via pm, was good talking the other day on chat..

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Gallipolis, Ohio, huh. I am right down the road from you in Rio Grande.
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline Pit Viper

• Quitter
  • Interests: DrawingPaintingFamily & FriendsRiding my motorcycle
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Thank you all very much. This site and you all are a blessing. Was feeling very alone before finding this site! B)