Author Topic: This is it!  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Smith686

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/15/16
  • Interests: I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I've been happily married for 14+ years to my college-rival sweetheart. We have two beautiful children, a son (6) and a daughter (3). And we have two fun loving English Springer Spaniels that the whole family adores.I have way t
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: This is it!
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Cheers brother Smith. Today you reached 100 days of quit. I hope that from time to time you will go back and read your intro and see where you started. Way to be a winner my friend. One day at a time. Keep it up. See ya tomorrow.
Thanks Mogul! You've been a GREAT support!
1st floor: 6/22/16     2nd floor: 9/30/16   3rd floor: 1/8/17
4th floor: 4/18/17      5th floor: 7/27/17   6th floor: 11/4/17
7th floor: 2/12/18      8th floor: 5/23/18.  9th floor: 8/31/18
10th floor: 12/9/18   11th floor: 3/19/19 12th floor: 6/27/19

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Cheers brother Smith. Today you reached 100 days of quit. I hope that from time to time you will go back and read your intro and see where you started. Way to be a winner my friend. One day at a time. Keep it up. See ya tomorrow.

Deleted User

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2016, 09:24:00 AM »
Smith, Have you shared your quit with your wife yet? If she'd like to talk to another wife pm me for my number.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2016, 01:18:00 AM »
Smith... You have been Mogul..ed!
It's like thunder after the lighting.
You are one lucky #!+%*¿.
Best part.... He wants to save your life.
And can...and knows how.
I quit with you today also.
Those thoughts about nicotine and cancer.... Will fade with every +1
Make a promise. Keep a promise!
Congrats on day 26
ALL DAY LONG.
Rawls 509
I believe.....

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »
Hey brother Smith. I just sent you a PM if you check the inbox upper right corner of screen.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
Congrats on 3 weeks Smith. ODAAT brother.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 08:34:00 PM »
I'm bumping this quitter up to some double digits. Keep it up Smith.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 01:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Smith686
Smith 5 days quit is badass, you are now free of nicotine and your body and mind are healing. I'm sure it has felt like a long 5 days, however the more time goes by the quicker the plus ones seem to add up. You're killing it Smith, ODAAT, and I'm quitting right there with you. Keep your intro on page 1 to further strengthen your quit.

Mogul
Thanks Mogul. Yes, it's been a long 5 days. Especially days 1  2. It felt like time stood still! Every day I feel better about this decision. However I do admit that I still think about it. But it is less and less. I find myself thinking about caving and saying "fuck it all"... but then I remember roll, I remember day 1 and how much hell it was, I think of all my family who have suffered from various forms of cancer... I'm in this!
Good news though: I went to the doctor. Confessed my addiction and informed him of my quit and this group. Got a general physical and some blood work. First of all, no worries on the big bad "C" word! Secondly, my cholesterol numbers are significantly improved! I've struggled with bad cholesterol for the bast 7 years. My HDL went from 44 to 62!
Another weird thing: when I get up in the morning my brain is still on auto-pilot mode thinking "I gotta get a dip in." Then I realize, "oh yeah, I quit. I gotta post roll."
^^^^^^^^^^

This is how we quit folks. We make the decision. Celebrate your good news of your health and don't let that be an excuse to go back finger banging the bitch. If you do, the next checkup might be an Oh Shit moment.

You will heal from being quit, your mind will be more positive and your body more energetic. Feeds on itself after a while. I quit with you Smith.

Offline Smith686

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm a Mechanical Engineer. I've been happily married for 14+ years to my college-rival sweetheart. We have two beautiful children, a son (6) and a daughter (3). And we have two fun loving English Springer Spaniels that the whole family adores.I have way t
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »
Smith 5 days quit is badass, you are now free of nicotine and your body and mind are healing. I'm sure it has felt like a long 5 days, however the more time goes by the quicker the plus ones seem to add up. You're killing it Smith, ODAAT, and I'm quitting right there with you. Keep your intro on page 1 to further strengthen your quit.

Mogul
Thanks Mogul. Yes, it's been a long 5 days. Especially days 1  2. It felt like time stood still! Every day I feel better about this decision. However I do admit that I still think about it. But it is less and less. I find myself thinking about caving and saying "fuck it all"... but then I remember roll, I remember day 1 and how much hell it was, I think of all my family who have suffered from various forms of cancer... I'm in this!
Good news though: I went to the doctor. Confessed my addiction and informed him of my quit and this group. Got a general physical and some blood work. First of all, no worries on the big bad "C" word! Secondly, my cholesterol numbers are significantly improved! I've struggled with bad cholesterol for the bast 7 years. My HDL went from 44 to 62!
Another weird thing: when I get up in the morning my brain is still on auto-pilot mode thinking "I gotta get a dip in." Then I realize, "oh yeah, I quit. I gotta post roll."

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 08:16:00 AM »

Mogul

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »
No worries? whatever Smith... you have some questions to answer to your quit group. I don't think you quite understand what KTC is all about. You don't give your word here and go back on it without some recourse. posting in the morninig is key???? You have no fucking idea what the key is if you caved already. Perhaps you should listen to those who have blazed the trail before you. You need to man up to your group, admit you caved, answer the questions, post roll daily and keep your word. If your word is no good, get lost. Just saying
Your right! I F*cked up big here. I'm heading over to the group to man up to the questions posted.
that's ownership and manning up. Way to be brother Smith. Get involved and take your quit seriously, because quite honestly, it is very serious on many levels. Glad to have you here.

Mogul

Offline Smith686

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »
No worries? whatever Smith... you have some questions to answer to your quit group. I don't think you quite understand what KTC is all about. You don't give your word here and go back on it without some recourse. posting in the morninig is key???? You have no fucking idea what the key is if you caved already. Perhaps you should listen to those who have blazed the trail before you. You need to man up to your group, admit you caved, answer the questions, post roll daily and keep your word. If your word is no good, get lost. Just saying
Your right! I F*cked up big here. I'm heading over to the group to man up to the questions posted.

Offline Jpfabel1073

• Adding drops to the quit bucket everyday.
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 02-05-2015
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
Curious what caving to the "normal extent" means? If your mindset is that caving is normal, sorry but you are not remotely ready to quit.
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse. 02/05/15 9am
Internet arguments have no bearing on my quit because I control my own reaction to every situation that arises--rkymtnman
Do or don't, it's that simple--KingNothing
Complacency is the ultimate enemy of quit, keep involved, dont just post roll take a second each time to reflect and remind yourself just what this is all about. quit hard every damm day--D2maine
We are all in this pile of shit together--Devil6Dog
Weakness is a choice 100% of the time--razd611
Decisions make habits, habits show character, character determines your fate.--bobchap

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 08:41:00 AM »
These past few days have been a bitch! And I've caved a couple times. Not to the normal extent, but I realize that doesn't make it right.
WTF!?!

You pop this off nonchalantly?
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 07:54:00 AM »