Author Topic: Ready to Quit  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Ready to Quit
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Had to post something for your hof day, i already got the honor of bringing your entire group into HoF, but i am extremely proud of you. You are one of the strongest women i know....and you being this young, and this strong is bad ass. Proud to quit with you, proud to know you, proud to call you sister. Much love always to you Ash.

Happy HOF
I missed the HOF, but 101 is just as sweet!! Congrats on EACH day of making the right decision!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
Had to post something for your hof day, i already got the honor of bringing your entire group into HoF, but i am extremely proud of you. You are one of the strongest women i know....and you being this young, and this strong is bad ass. Proud to quit with you, proud to know you, proud to call you sister. Much love always to you Ash.

Happy HOF
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 01:01:00 AM »
Hall of Famer AshleyLynn...has a nice ring to it.

Well done, Ash! You're the finest lady to ever drive a horse and buggy.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »
I am so proud of you my girl!
You are full of fight, fire and sweet heat.

yep ^^^^^^^

love you girlie.
Both you girls are awesome.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »

yep ^^^^^^^

love you girlie.
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 06:37:00 PM »
Quote from: AshleyLynn
To live each day without having something have a hold on me and control me.
I can definitely get on board with this. Quit with you today Ash!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Macamania

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
I some how missed your introduction. Your intro is really good with some mixed humor. You have several good reasons to stay quit. That also reminded me of other reasons I wanted to quit. It's great to be in the dojo with all these bad ass female quitters too. I've read that its harder for females to quit and yall are kicking that nic bitch in the teeth.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
Ash, BadAssh quiiter! Congrats on 3 weeks!

You have what it takes to stay quit. I love seeing you all over the boards making connections and kickin ass.
Keep it up and stay strong, quit hard , harder every day (that's what she said, oh!)

Love you my lil f*ckin mini me. :wub:

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 11:35:00 PM »
We're all in your corner! Keep up the good fight! It's your's! Own it! I quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
Keep on QUITTING Ashley!

Offline gadawg3

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-18
  • Interests: UGA football, coaching baseball, trout fishing, camping, jeeping
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
You go girl! I quit with you today!
Live like a dog...if you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away!

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Master Yoda

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
Most of us here at KTC love the comeback story. You failed on here once, and I'm sure there are a few doubters... or a few reluctant to Quit with you with a strike against yourself already. Get in here and fight back with a vengeance! You have to loathe nicotine to quit for good. Isn't it sad that you, a fully functional adult, could not get through a garage sale without poison? Read that sentence again. Does that make any sense at all to you?

It sucks when you have close loved ones by you that abuse nicotine. Still no excuse. By the way, nicotine does not calm you down. It winds you up. Did you know it increases heart rate by like 15 times?

Nicotine does not calm anyone down. It does not save lives. It kills. It doesn't help you focus. It doesn't bring excitement or enhance anything.

Nicotine is good for one thing: curbing NICOTINE withdrawals. That's it. That's the one truth about that drug. And we have shelled out thousands of dollars for just that.

Get serious about this QUIT, we are in your corner girl.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 09:37:00 AM »
Good, honest, open answers, Ashley. I think you're finally beginning to realize that although it's gonna suck, you won't have to do this alone. Your Samurai brothers are more than willing to talk you through the rough patches. Keep on the path, continue to make wise choices, push through the fog, and one day you'll come out the other side simply amazed at how much better life is! I quit with you today.

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 09:04:00 AM »
Ashley,

Noticed you posted a Day 1 (Again) in September '15. You have some explaining, both to your former quit group (August) as well as your new group regarding why you're back at Day 1.....at one point you were up to Day 4.....obviously, something happened and you need to reflect on what that was and figure out how to get past it.

There are three questions each caver has to answer; 1. What happened, 2. Why did it happen, and 3. What are you going to do differently to keep it from happening again.

Before you answer these questions (in BOTH quit groups), you need to do some serious reflecting and dig deep to find some answers. Simply not being able to deal with a crave is NOT an acceptable answer. Last time I looked, nicotine withdrawals have never actually killed anyone (although it may seem like it at the time). You were already past the purely physical part of this recovery if you were at day four. You need to arm yourself with the tools to get past the psychological part (which is a MUCH longer recovery). Read this article on Nicotine Addiction..... It will help you to better understand what you're dealing with.

I want you to be successful, but you have to dig deep and decide for yourself to do this. It WILL SUCK. Get ready for that. BUT is IS WORTH IT in the long run. Trust me, I know. I was a Copenhagen abuser for longer than you've been alive.... this program works, but you have to be dedicated to making it work. Only you can decide if you're going to do that. Meanwhile, I, the August group, and the Samurais are waiting for an intelligent explanation....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »
Quote from: MarkinCO
Quote from: Mr.
Quote from: Lumberjack
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: AshleyLynn
Today is my day 1. I started using snuff when I was 16 and am now 26. I dip Grizzly Mint about half a can a day. I'm finally ready to quit because my children are getting older (going to be 3 and 1) and I don't want them to think its ok to start using tobacco of any kind. My other reasons for quitting (and why I'm writing this now is to look back when I feel the urge) are: 1. I cant play on the floor with my children without having a nasty spitter closeby. 2. I cant attend family functions for more than 2 hours without having to put a dip in. 3. Talking to people when you have to spit and spitting in front of them is disgusting. 4. I do my makeup/hair/dress nice all the time. But then I end up looking like a hillbilly with a wad in my mouth. 5. I'm starting to see signs of cancer, small white bump on bottom lip. Do you want to have cancer Ashley? Do you want half your face missing? Do you want your kids to be scared to look at you? NO. Not worth it. 6. My family. My motivation. My reason. My life. I want to be around to be with them. To see my kids grow up. To live each day without having something have a hold on me and control me.
Congrats on the best decision you ever made!

Let's do this!
Congrats and welcome to KTC, now pony up and quit like a girl. This path you are starting to walk is nto easy and it will be filled with several hurdles along the way. Many of us are here and ready to help you at a moment notice. We came here to quit too so we have a similar goal.

I urge you to read some of the stories on here, read the introduction threads of other people on here, check out some of the links I left you here and pour yourself 100% into your quit. If I could heal you with my magic quit wand I would, but I will be damned if that thing can change the M.O. of others. Also, take the time to meet another quitter face to face, make this shit real, not just a internet thing.

Get your spouse involved - Spousal Support

What to expect

Words of Wisdom

Read, read, read, exchange numbers with others (use this for a reminder, for a friend, for an ear to bend or vent to), you are welcome to my number, just ask. Always remember that you are an addict because of choices you made. Never ever get angry with someone else because you are a raging prick trying to quit tobacco. Exercise when you get rage, drink lots of water and always stash a bug out bag of candy or anything that will get you over a hurdle and nto turn you into a quit diva.

P
You can do this... Boys aren't the only bad ass quitters on this site!

We are all here for support. Best thing you ever did for yourself.
^^^ One of the baddest quitters I know. Remember that you're not alone!
Welcome to KTC Ashley. And congratulations.
Welcome Ashley! You can do this! We all did and we are no different. We are all in the same boat. Good job posting roll! That's the secret. Everyday!

Welcome Ashley!! 30 days ago I didn't think I could do it. After 23 years on the Cope I found this wonderful group of malcontents and like minded folks who have this addiction in common. They have been great. Get to your group, trade digits. Post roll.

Mark
Ashley my girl, let's get you some badass quit started! Post roll girlfriend. We are waiting to help you, help yourself! Get this done today don't wait. Same thing I said about cancer, only difference I've dipped so long kids grown, now it's grandbabies. Don't want them scared of me. Just an addict trying to help another addict! Quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD