Author Topic: one day down  (Read 2718 times)

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: one day down
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »
Quote from: jcostigan
.. I am not going back to day 1.
It all boils down to determination....

Offline harmwag1

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
day 5 down.. I had Swat training today.. A team member asked me about an hour into the training.. Did you quit dipping.. I looked at him and said Yeah. I then told him about the website. He has tried to quit before on Chantix (spelling ??) He was shocked.. I was the type to have a dip in 24 hours out of the day. I could run, shoot, anything. I had a dip in my mouth. I saw him dip today. I did have some craves. But I worked thru them. Today after eating lunch was tough but only lasted about a minute or so. I do not want to go back to day 1. I am that type of person if I want something I get it.. I am not going back to day 1.

I want to thank everyone for there well wishes..
John
where you a cop at?
Last dip of Copenhagen July 9, 2012!

Offline Gooch

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
day 5 down.. I had Swat training today.. A team member asked me about an hour into the training.. Did you quit dipping.. I looked at him and said Yeah. I then told him about the website. He has tried to quit before on Chantix (spelling ??) He was shocked.. I was the type to have a dip in 24 hours out of the day. I could run, shoot, anything. I had a dip in my mouth. I saw him dip today. I did have some craves. But I worked thru them. Today after eating lunch was tough but only lasted about a minute or so. I do not want to go back to day 1. I am that type of person if I want something I get it.. I am not going back to day 1.

John
Rock on John - You're well on your way brother. Plus anytime you can use the phrase "swat training" in a sentence that just plain kicks ass.
Gooch
There's nothing nicotine has to offer that I need. Never has been, never will be.

Offline jcostigan

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »

John
Quit Date 4-11-2009 Easter

Offline BigDippa

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym rat! I love to fish as well, and go every weekend. Other than that, my time is spent with my family. I have a 6 month old son who is going to be a BEAST when he gets older. Kid is solid. Also have a beautiful 3 yo little girl and a smoking hot wife. Life is good.
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »
I had the same problem at first, and I still struggle with it. The best advice I can give you is to drink water, and lots of it! When you get hungry, drink a glass of water instead. You'll be surprised at how well it works. Also keep lots of healthy snacks around, like nuts, tuna, and carrots, and if you absolutely MUST snack, then snack on that.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
Quote from: BigDippa
For me, I turned into a gym rat. I've always been physically active, hell I'm the military so we kinda have to. Since I've quit, I focused all my energy to the gym. Right after work, I run two miles, hit the weights, then hit the heavy bag until I'm dead. This allows me to release all that damn rage that builds up over the course of a day that would have had me scrambling for a can a couple of months ago. Since I've quit, I've noticed a few things. My workouts are longer, I'm way stronger, and have much more stamina. Nicotine was a major part of our lives for a long time. Now that it's gone, there's a hole there. Fill that hole with something constructive. For me, it's my workouts. For you, it may be a hobby. Point is, replace it with something. It's worked wonders for me. I'm not the same person I was two months ago. I'm better, stronger, faster, and more importantly QUIT!
Yo, Dip, I'm a gym rat too. Twenty years or so. But I can't fucking stop eating since my quit.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline BigDippa

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym rat! I love to fish as well, and go every weekend. Other than that, my time is spent with my family. I have a 6 month old son who is going to be a BEAST when he gets older. Kid is solid. Also have a beautiful 3 yo little girl and a smoking hot wife. Life is good.
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
For me, I turned into a gym rat. I've always been physically active, hell I'm the military so we kinda have to. Since I've quit, I focused all my energy to the gym. Right after work, I run two miles, hit the weights, then hit the heavy bag until I'm dead. This allows me to release all that damn rage that builds up over the course of a day that would have had me scrambling for a can a couple of months ago. Since I've quit, I've noticed a few things. My workouts are longer, I'm way stronger, and have much more stamina. Nicotine was a major part of our lives for a long time. Now that it's gone, there's a hole there. Fill that hole with something constructive. For me, it's my workouts. For you, it may be a hobby. Point is, replace it with something. It's worked wonders for me. I'm not the same person I was two months ago. I'm better, stronger, faster, and more importantly QUIT!
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Offline nomocope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Hunting, skiing, camping, cycling, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
I switched to carrot sticks and sugar free gum after I gained six pounds. Exercise takes my mind off the craves too. Nomocope- 56

Offline Rkymtnman

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 12/25/2008
  • Interests: hunting, snowmobiling, dirt biking, mountain biking, camping, restoring old shit, building new shit, red neck shit
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
Day 4 never thought I'd get this far. By the way anyone have any candy.. LOL.. I am gonna quit dipping but be toothless anyway.. I cant get enough gum or candy. It it is getting better though.. Thanks to all for comments and all.
Right on bro - you are winning - keep up the fight every day.

One thing you may consider - try sugarless gum - just might help you keep your teeth a bit longer :) However - what ever it takes to keep the nic out of your body. You can deal with the rest later :)

Congrats my friend - one day at a time.

Offline ScooterScum

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Wife, Kids, Dirt Bike Riding, Golf, Football, Baseball, Camping, Fishing
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
Day 4 never thought I'd get this far. By the way anyone have any candy.. LOL.. I am gonna quit dipping but be toothless anyway.. I cant get enough gum or candy. It it is getting better though.. Thanks to all for comments and all.
Be sure to keep drinking lots of water!! Sounds silly but it is important!
If it wasn't for Physics and Law Enforcement!
I would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!
HOF 3/08/09
23rd Floor 3/17/15

Offline jcostigan

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

Offline Brad64

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
Day 3 biactches.. This is the longest I have ever went with out the Nic.
Rock on brother! Day 3 is a big step.

Offline Montana Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
Yeah! Keep it up! See you in Roll Coll! July is coming fast!

Offline jcostigan

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
Day 3 biactches.. This is the longest I have ever went with out the Nic.

Offline O.D.

• Quitter
  • Interests: CrossFitTriAthalonGrappling
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »
Quote from: NKT
2 1/2 days Soon.. At home to eat a quick bite to eat. My gums and lip are feeling wierd?? like there a snake loosing its skin. ?? Might be all the candy and gum Ive been eating. Although my tounge looks different.. Maybe its just me, ??? It is a  very wierd feeling. Like I feel like I can smell better, like I can breath better, L??? I think I am loosing my mind at times.. But hey If so I can doing without a dip..

Days going pretty good so far. Although i think I am drinking lots of coffee today..

Well I need to get back to work.

John
Be careful of the coffee. Apparently nicotine reduces the effects of caffeine, and you can end up overdosing on caffeine when you quit dip even if you don't change your coffee consumption.

http://www.killthecan.org/robs/cafnic.asp
And, coffee might be a trigger for some people. It is especially known to be so for smokers. I would be lying if I didn't say that a dip just seemed naturally to follow a good cup of coffee, when I was dipping, of course.

Don't worry too much about your gums. Yes, they probably are losing their skin. Growing some fresh new skin under there which is not scabbed up by tobacco and all the additives. You might even find some bits of it floating around in your mouth.
"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. "
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus