Author Topic: one day down  (Read 2719 times)

Offline nkt

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: one day down
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
Quote from: jcostigan
2 1/2 days Soon.. At home to eat a quick bite to eat. My gums and lip are feeling wierd?? like there a snake loosing its skin. ?? Might be all the candy and gum Ive been eating. Although my tounge looks different.. Maybe its just me, ??? It is a  very wierd feeling. Like I feel like I can smell better, like I can breath better, L??? I think I am loosing my mind at times.. But hey If so I can doing without a dip..

Days going pretty good so far. Although i think I am drinking lots of coffee today..

Well I need to get back to work.

John
Be careful of the coffee. Apparently nicotine reduces the effects of caffeine, and you can end up overdosing on caffeine when you quit dip even if you don't change your coffee consumption.

http://www.killthecan.org/robs/cafnic.asp

Offline jcostigan

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
2 1/2 days Soon.. At home to eat a quick bite to eat. My gums and lip are feeling wierd?? like there a snake loosing its skin. ?? Might be all the candy and gum Ive been eating. Although my tounge looks different.. Maybe its just me, ??? It is a very wierd feeling. Like I feel like I can smell better, like I can breath better, L??? I think I am loosing my mind at times.. But hey If so I can doing without a dip..

Days going pretty good so far. Although i think I am drinking lots of coffee today..

Well I need to get back to work.

John
Quit Date 4-11-2009 Easter

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
Quote from: harmwag1
Quote from: FtheKodiak
ndrooster-  'Finger' YOU.  nic bitch. 

You got me.

that is good.  i am a homo aren't i!!!  i owe it to myself first and everyone on the board second.
Yeah you fucker, where's my props, bitch?
You got me through a whole night FtheKodiak. I do owe you. Can I blame it on the fog that i was in. the fog is clearing by the way.
No problem, my brother. Glad you are doing better! We don't need that shit, even driving around in a car all day. Fuck it. Shit is nasty. My freakin' gums still KILL from the surgery which was 29 days ago.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline harmwag1

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
Quote from: FtheKodiak

You got me.

that is good.  i am a homo aren't i!!!  i owe it to myself first and everyone on the board second.
You got me through a whole night FtheKodiak. I do owe you. Can I blame it on the fog that i was in. the fog is clearing by the way.
Last dip of Copenhagen July 9, 2012!

Offline jcostigan

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
i think I figured out the roll post.. Thanks you guys.. My worse time is at work, Which I really need to start get ready for... Gonna be late.. But love this site..

Offline nkt

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »
You're at the worst part of it right now... Hang in there and things will get better soon. Don't allow yourself to question your decision to quit, just keep moving foreword and don't look back. For the next few days/weeks, remember this when you're craving: you already have several quit days under your belt, it will never be easier to quit than it is right now

I see that you posted in the July HOF group; you were in the right spot, but it's important to get your name on the roll call list promising not to use nicotine today. Follow the links below to learn more about why roll call is important and how to do it.

Feel free to send me a PM if there's anything I can do to help.

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.
index.php?showtopic=120

How to post roll.
index.php?showtopic=50

Offline Montana Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
Hang in there! Today is gonna suck but you can do it! Stay Strong. Whatever it takes - NO NIC!!!!!!! Tomorrow will be ALOT better!!!

Offline jcostigan

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
Day 2 down. Right now feel pretty good. Thanks all

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

You got me.

football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Brad64

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
Welcome John! Congrats on being here man! This place will help you. They helped me tremendously. I've gotten to day 22 with the help of these goofballs. :)

If you need a little help check your PMs or join the chat room. We've all been their brother.

Offline Montana Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
Stay Strong!!!! I'm only at day 4. The first 72 hrs. SUCK BAD and then it starts to get ALOT easier!!!! I swung mine with fake stuff and seeds. Hope it helps you.

You Stay Quit, I'll Stay Quit.

Offline harmwag1

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »
ndrooster- 'Finger' YOU. nic bitch.

You got me.

that is good. i am a homo aren't i!!! i owe it to myself first and everyone on the board second.

Offline ndrooster1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Historical reinactments from 1750 -1840Hunting big game, sharptail grouse, pheasants, ducks, geese, coyotes, some trappingReading and doing historical research. geneology, member of several muzzleloader /historical organizationsCamping
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
justcostigan,
Just to let you know I ain't hijacking your thread and I do want to say welcome to the best thing that will ever happen to you but the post from harmwag 1 called out for a reply!
You can do it. The first three days suck. I am no expert.  But i am here if you need anything. JPine and Ed have taken good care of me.
you poor sick bugger you - harmwag. thats the best you can do for help? 'crackup' 'crackup' Just 'tease' Jpine and Ed - and you know it! :lol: :wub:

Offline harmwag1

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
You can do it. The first three days suck. I am no expert. But i am here if you need anything. JPine and Ed have taken good care of me.

Offline MikeCO

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
Welcome John!....you can do this man. Use the site, read as much as you can and post roll every day. PM me anytime to chat.

Most of all, just hang in there without dipping tobacco....use seeds, the fake stuff, gum, whatever.....just no NIC. Again, you can do this!

Mike