Author Topic: New to the quit  (Read 3699 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: New to the quit
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Sloppytaters
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: RagingJew
Quote from: greg40
Woke up extra early today feeling restless in bed. Last night when i was falling asleep I kept jerking myself awake as I dozed off, and no matter how much I eat I cannot satisfy this hunger lol. I feel like i could eat for a solid 8 hours straight and never be satisfied. I hope that goes away soon.
Keep jerking!! It helped me get through the first 50 days....in fact, I haven't slowed down since. Whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your lip, bro!
Greg, I don't think he meant that kind of jerking.
TIFFS !!!

'crackup' 'crackup'

Jerking myself awake.....
Yeah not that kind of jerking lol
but you do have the best name I have seen round here since tortillajesus
Lol, tortillajesus is a bad ass name. Thanks for posting Mike i've been a fan of your avatar pic since i joined yesterday. Feel free to stop by anytime :D
It is not what you think. It's really his shaved nutz.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeA
Woke up extra early today feeling restless in bed. Last night when i was falling asleep I kept jerking myself awake as I dozed off, and no matter how much I eat I cannot satisfy this hunger lol. I feel like i could eat for a solid 8 hours straight and never be satisfied. I hope that goes away soon.
Keep jerking!! It helped me get through the first 50 days....in fact, I haven't slowed down since. Whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your lip, bro!
TIFFS !!!

'crackup' 'crackup'

Lol, tortillajesus is a bad ass name. Thanks for posting Mike i've been a fan of your avatar pic since i joined yesterday. Feel free to stop by anytime :D

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
TIFFS !!!

'crackup' 'crackup'

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
TIFFS !!!

'crackup' 'crackup'

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
TIFFS !!!

'crackup' 'crackup'

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
Sloppy - drink lots of water and try using the fake mint. For me it gave my mouth something to do besides eating (just like dip did). I would also suggest getting up and going for a walk/run/jog something to burn off that uneasiness. Since quiting I jog 2-3 miles nightly and love it. It's kept the rag more under control. It does get better so keep pushing through it.

PM me if you need a contact. Stay strong, make your promise and KEEP your word. Don't give in, that's easy. Staying quit - that's what takes courage and strength.

I quit with Sloppy today

Rob
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline greg40

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: RWM
Hello Everyone,

I've been a 1 can per day dipper for the last 10 years. I started when i was 16, I think the longest i've gone without a dip since then was maybe a day or 2. 
Last week i decided to make my first attempt at quitting, I went 3 days with no tobacco, I was using mint snuff to satisfy the urges, and it was truly working. I believe i set myself up for failure though, I decided to try and quit 3 days before a family wedding. So after a few beers i was off the wagon and dipping. Well today I am quitting for good.

Im so tired of being a slave to nicotine. Everyone is telling me to be aware of what triggers my urges. I feel like everything does, I only took a dip out to put a fresh one in. Somewhere along the last 10 years i managed to learn how to never spit. So i could do it literally anywhere. College, work, home, I feel like im completely changing my life as I know it, I've never in my adult life been without nicotine.

I've been married for 2 years, my wife and I are about to start trying to have children. She was a pack per day smoker for 10+ years as well, and is nearly 1 month without a cigarette. Shes my motivation, not to mention the whole baby thing.

Well i hope to get to know some people in this community and cant wait to read some more success stories.
Sloppy - First off welcome to the site. The quit is not something you do for the wife or the baby to be. You decide to do it for you. I've been a dipper for 30 years, hid it from most everyone and went thru a lot of chew per day. I'm on day 37 and it's great to be free. It a day by day thing. You quit for the day. Then the next day you quit again. Don't think long term and don't ever think you got the bitch beat. So you've learned, drop the booze and try to always have a plan so that when a trigger hits you are ready. Guess what - the wedding would happen with or without a dip in your lip. So if your ready to really quit, then find the oct group, post up and quit for the day. Keep your word and then repeat the next day. Read everything on this site and stay close to it. The vets are great and the info gets you thru any of the triggers. Get some numbers of people and use it. You can do this. Focus and keep your word.

I quit with Sloppy today as well.
Werd...

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I've been a 1 can per day dipper for the last 10 years. I started when i was 16, I think the longest i've gone without a dip since then was maybe a day or 2.
Last week i decided to make my first attempt at quitting, I went 3 days with no tobacco, I was using mint snuff to satisfy the urges, and it was truly working. I believe i set myself up for failure though, I decided to try and quit 3 days before a family wedding. So after a few beers i was off the wagon and dipping. Well today I am quitting for good.

Im so tired of being a slave to nicotine. Everyone is telling me to be aware of what triggers my urges. I feel like everything does, I only took a dip out to put a fresh one in. Somewhere along the last 10 years i managed to learn how to never spit. So i could do it literally anywhere. College, work, home, I feel like im completely changing my life as I know it, I've never in my adult life been without nicotine.

I've been married for 2 years, my wife and I are about to start trying to have children. She was a pack per day smoker for 10+ years as well, and is nearly 1 month without a cigarette. Shes my motivation, not to mention the whole baby thing.

Well i hope to get to know some people in this community and cant wait to read some more success stories.
Sloppy - First off welcome to the site. The quit is not something you do for the wife or the baby to be. You decide to do it for you. I've been a dipper for 30 years, hid it from most everyone and went thru a lot of chew per day. I'm on day 37 and it's great to be free. It a day by day thing. You quit for the day. Then the next day you quit again. Don't think long term and don't ever think you got the bitch beat. So you've learned, drop the booze and try to always have a plan so that when a trigger hits you are ready. Guess what - the wedding would happen with or without a dip in your lip. So if your ready to really quit, then find the oct group, post up and quit for the day. Keep your word and then repeat the next day. Read everything on this site and stay close to it. The vets are great and the info gets you thru any of the triggers. Get some numbers of people and use it. You can do this. Focus and keep your word.

I quit with Sloppy today as well.
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
New to the quit
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,