Author Topic: New to the quit  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to the quit
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
Quote from: CoachDoc
Quote from: Sloppytaters
Whats everyone doing tonight? Im searching local newspapers for employment adds, my college career is winding down shortly. Im getting nervous.
Gee...you don't have the beard anymore AND you don't have a job? Better get the beard back so you can be a fuckin hippie....

Me, I'm sitting at work in the ER.....pretty much always sure to have a job...

and you know what? Every time I see your screen name, I cant help but think to Waffle House hash browns with everything....
I use to have a job, I was a die setter for a manufacturing company, but michigan sucks and i got laid off 2 years ago. So I went back to college full time, I'll be walkin out with a degree in december, so hopefully it pays off.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
Whats everyone doing tonight? Im searching local newspapers for employment adds, my college career is winding down shortly. Im getting nervous.
Gee...you don't have the beard anymore AND you don't have a job? Better get the beard back so you can be a fuckin hippie....

Me, I'm sitting at work in the ER.....pretty much always sure to have a job...

and you know what? Every time I see your screen name, I cant help but think to Waffle House hash browns with everything....
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Seth
Quote from: RWM
Day 4, breaking into new territory. Longest ive ever gone without a dip. Trying to sleep last night was a nightmare. I was awake untill 6am even after taking 2 sleeping pills. Im having crazy aches in my legs, has anyone else had body aches in their first few days of the quit?

The fog is thick today, but my wife and I have a little day planned so i think i'll be able to get my mind right and enjoy myself.

Thanks fellas
Sloppy - sleeping will get better. Your brain is re-wiring itself now that the nic has left the building. Still drink lots of water, go for walks, jogs - helps burn off the fog and it seems to help clear the head when the blood is flowing! As for the aches and pains - it could just be the stress building up. Again getting exercise helped me there. It gets better - push thru it. You are doing great.
Sloppy,

I'm still having that shit on day 12, but my body aches seem to be concentrated in my neck, shoulders and upper back. I'm attributing it to the rewiring as well as the general stress of the quit. Besides the tips from RWM, I've found that stopping and taking a few deep breaths is helpful. Sounds corny, but it seems to work for me.
The neck and shoulder aches will stick around for a month or so. Get some pure cranberry juice, not the sugery shit. It is about $10 a bottle but will help with the detox and also make sure you are also drinking plenty of water. It will get better.
I picked up some of that 100% unsweetened cranberry juice yesterday. That shit is disgusting.
lol i heard that shits good for yeast infections
I didn't say it tasted good. Iam pretty sure the first time your stuck your tounge in a verticle smile you prolly thought it tasted funny, but I bet you did it again.
haaaaaaaaaa

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
Day 4, breaking into new territory. Longest ive ever gone without a dip. Trying to sleep last night was a nightmare. I was awake untill 6am even after taking 2 sleeping pills. Im having crazy aches in my legs, has anyone else had body aches in their first few days of the quit?

The fog is thick today, but my wife and I have a little day planned so i think i'll be able to get my mind right and enjoy myself.

Thanks fellas
Sloppy - sleeping will get better. Your brain is re-wiring itself now that the nic has left the building. Still drink lots of water, go for walks, jogs - helps burn off the fog and it seems to help clear the head when the blood is flowing! As for the aches and pains - it could just be the stress building up. Again getting exercise helped me there. It gets better - push thru it. You are doing great.
Sloppy,

I'm still having that shit on day 12, but my body aches seem to be concentrated in my neck, shoulders and upper back. I'm attributing it to the rewiring as well as the general stress of the quit. Besides the tips from RWM, I've found that stopping and taking a few deep breaths is helpful. Sounds corny, but it seems to work for me.
The neck and shoulder aches will stick around for a month or so. Get some pure cranberry juice, not the sugery shit. It is about $10 a bottle but will help with the detox and also make sure you are also drinking plenty of water. It will get better.
I picked up some of that 100% unsweetened cranberry juice yesterday. That shit is disgusting.
I didn't say it tasted good. Iam pretty sure the first time your stuck your tounge in a verticle smile you prolly thought it tasted funny, but I bet you did it again.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Outdoorsman88

• Quitter
  • Interests: fishing, guns, backpacking, camping, rock climbing, being QUIT
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
I give you a hell of a lot of props for making it to the gym on day 5 brother! I'm on day 4 and am just starting to get a faint hint of my energy back. At the moment I have neither the energy nor the concentration to hit the gym, but hell yeah for you man! I'm in the same boat with you too, I'm starting to sleep better after a few days of not being able to sleep until 6am. But stay strong man!! We got this!

Jeff
QD- 7/21/10

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »

Thanks fellas
Sloppy,

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

Thanks fellas
Sloppy,

The product is worth the process.

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Day 5, I actually slept last night. Was great to fall asleep and wake up only once all night. And im actually awake early to go hit the gym. I feel good today, Its early yet and i have a long day ahead of me, but waking up feeling good is a great sign that today might not suck lol

Have a good day everyone and stay quit!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »

Thanks fellas
Sloppy,

You will have all kinds of wierd shit go on for awhile. You have been pumping poison into your body for XXX number of days. Your body is cleaning itself. Sleep will come, it really does get better.

Fight through the shit.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »

Thanks fellas
Sloppy,

Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

Thanks fellas
Sloppy,

The product is worth the process.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »

Thanks fellas
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »

Thanks fellas

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
Suprisingly the physical withdrawl from nicotene and the accompanying symptoms (sweats, rage, fog, nervousness, etc) did not really affect me much during my early quit.  It has been more of a struggle with what you refer to as the oral fixation (the first person the chimes in and says that I can blow them will get their ass kicked).  I have used fake as a crutch to bridge through my quit.  I used to feel guilty about it.  And for those that have been able to go absolutely cold turkey I give high props.  But that kind of quit was not for me.  Many a fine quitter uses or at least keeps a can of fake around for emergencies.  The first thing is to free yourswelf of all things nicotene.  Use whateverthefuck you have to use.  Down the road quit the oral fixation.  Personally I have given myself a 1 year timeline.  If in a year I am still dipping fake then I will find a kill the Fake can web site and tee the fuck off on it too.  For now I am proud to be 52 days free of the reaql shit and maintaining a damn fine quit.

YOU CAN DO THIS

MOA
I am with you MOA. The fake is fine. I doubt my wife will bitch about minty breath. :D Do what you got to do to stop the dip and stay quit.
I got your oral fixation right here...oh we not talking about that?

I gave into eating everything in sight when i quit. I gained about 25lbs in fifty days had to go out and buy new jeans twice. Around day fifty or so I decided to work on the oral fixation part of my quit....that was, to me worse than the three day suck and the 2 week fog....it was a good thing I had my plan in place and was a quittin fool. I ended up shoveling the whole freaking neighborhood during the snow storms, because all the nervous energy I had...

Anyway, quit the nicotine first. Do anything ,but nicotine. if you have to suck your best friend to stay quit... do it! That is how important this should be to you.

on a side note....I used gobstopper jawbreakers and low sodium sunflower seeds to get past the craves......and lots and lots of text messeges out to my fellow quit brothers...

The sugar helped keep my mood level and gave my mouth something to do...the texts helped me find strength to stay with it....and when this place gets quiet there is a lot of reading to do... words of wisdom is always awesome!
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions