Author Topic: New to the quit  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: New to the quit
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Sloppytaters
'no' Midnight rolls around and the forums come to a complete stop...sleepy quitters
You can hit up the chat. A little boring but not dead.
The product is worth the process.

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
'no' Midnight rolls around and the forums come to a complete stop...sleepy quitters

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »
Yeah, the big picture for me is stay away from nic at all costs. Fake is gonna do it for now. I have to say though, its going really well for me. I have my moments of misery but right now i feel great. We will see what tomorrow brings

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
Suprisingly the physical withdrawl from nicotene and the accompanying symptoms (sweats, rage, fog, nervousness, etc) did not really affect me much during my early quit. It has been more of a struggle with what you refer to as the oral fixation (the first person the chimes in and says that I can blow them will get their ass kicked). I have used fake as a crutch to bridge through my quit. I used to feel guilty about it. And for those that have been able to go absolutely cold turkey I give high props. But that kind of quit was not for me. Many a fine quitter uses or at least keeps a can of fake around for emergencies. The first thing is to free yourswelf of all things nicotene. Use whateverthefuck you have to use. Down the road quit the oral fixation. Personally I have given myself a 1 year timeline. If in a year I am still dipping fake then I will find a kill the Fake can web site and tee the fuck off on it too. For now I am proud to be 52 days free of the reaql shit and maintaining a damn fine quit.

YOU CAN DO THIS

MOA
I am with you MOA. The fake is fine. I doubt my wife will bitch about minty breath. :D Do what you got to do to stop the dip and stay quit.
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Suprisingly the physical withdrawl from nicotene and the accompanying symptoms (sweats, rage, fog, nervousness, etc) did not really affect me much during my early quit. It has been more of a struggle with what you refer to as the oral fixation (the first person the chimes in and says that I can blow them will get their ass kicked). I have used fake as a crutch to bridge through my quit. I used to feel guilty about it. And for those that have been able to go absolutely cold turkey I give high props. But that kind of quit was not for me. Many a fine quitter uses or at least keeps a can of fake around for emergencies. The first thing is to free yourswelf of all things nicotene. Use whateverthefuck you have to use. Down the road quit the oral fixation. Personally I have given myself a 1 year timeline. If in a year I am still dipping fake then I will find a kill the Fake can web site and tee the fuck off on it too. For now I am proud to be 52 days free of the reaql shit and maintaining a damn fine quit.

YOU CAN DO THIS

MOA

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Quote from: mule21
You have unknowingly opened a Pandoras box.  That argument rages on here about fake.  You will find some fine quitters pationately on both sides of this issue.  Here is my take: I have been quit for 52 days, after a 24 year habit, and I use fake with a quickness.  There are those that do not like the fake.  Fuck'em.  It is the only thing that has kept me dip free (well that and my enormous balls).  I got emails from some vets who used fake for 175 days.  Who gives a fat fuck if it takes 175 days to quit it.  I have learned that I can forgo a fake dip say after dinner because I am too lazy to go get it.  That would never happen with the real stuff I would have got up to get a dip.  My point is that it will become less important and fade away in time.  But even if you dip fake for the rest of your life it contains no nicotene and will not kill you.  And that is a good thing.  Good luck my quit brother and fuck all of those that disagree with me.
MOA
Thats what i wanted to hear, that the need would fade away over time. The fake shit has kept me sane the last 3 days, so im in no hurry to dismiss it. I've been eating alot of sugar free candy and gum, thats also helping.
i found Reese Cups to be helpful as well....
Oh i bet those were helpful, a year ago i was the largest i've ever been. Today im in the best shape ive ever been in, with weight training 3 days a week and cardio 6 days a week, and a healthy diet ive been able to really get into shape. So ive been extremely stressed with the wanting to eat everything in sight. I've slipped a few times already eating unhealthy shit just because it was there. Even with the sugar free candy, and mint snuff its been a rough road.
good for you bud.....i took the road "more traveled"....and ate reese cups and every other dam thing i could get my hands on justifying that i could always lose weight.....cancer would be a lil' bit harder.

i gained 50 dam lbs......i have since lost around 20 but still got a ways to go.

i would definitely get on an exercise program.

whatever it takes to stay quit at this point.

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
You have unknowingly opened a Pandoras box.  That argument rages on here about fake.  You will find some fine quitters pationately on both sides of this issue.  Here is my take: I have been quit for 52 days, after a 24 year habit, and I use fake with a quickness.  There are those that do not like the fake.  Fuck'em.  It is the only thing that has kept me dip free (well that and my enormous balls).  I got emails from some vets who used fake for 175 days.  Who gives a fat fuck if it takes 175 days to quit it.  I have learned that I can forgo a fake dip say after dinner because I am too lazy to go get it.  That would never happen with the real stuff I would have got up to get a dip.  My point is that it will become less important and fade away in time.  But even if you dip fake for the rest of your life it contains no nicotene and will not kill you.  And that is a good thing.  Good luck my quit brother and fuck all of those that disagree with me.
MOA
Thats what i wanted to hear, that the need would fade away over time. The fake shit has kept me sane the last 3 days, so im in no hurry to dismiss it. I've been eating alot of sugar free candy and gum, thats also helping.
Oh i bet those were helpful, a year ago i was the largest i've ever been. Today im in the best shape ive ever been in, with weight training 3 days a week and cardio 6 days a week, and a healthy diet ive been able to really get into shape. So ive been extremely stressed with the wanting to eat everything in sight. I've slipped a few times already eating unhealthy shit just because it was there. Even with the sugar free candy, and mint snuff its been a rough road.

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »
MOA
i don't give a rat's ass if you put a dog turd in your mouth......as long as it doesn't have any nic in it.

it is a tool that may delay the behavioral change....but certainly doesn't interfere with the actual withdrawal.....

think of it as a pacifier......or better yet moving from diapers to pull-ups.....

bottom line, post roll, keep your word....NO NICOTINE OF ANY KIND

stay quit, sing out if i can help you
Eventually I want to be rid of everything, no fake dip or anything that reminds me of it. If i have to use it to beat the nic fits then I will, once those are gone i'll work on the oral fixation part of it, which actually seems to be worst part, to me anyways.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
MOA

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
You have unknowingly opened a Pandoras box. That argument rages on here about fake. You will find some fine quitters pationately on both sides of this issue. Here is my take: I have been quit for 52 days, after a 24 year habit, and I use fake with a quickness. There are those that do not like the fake. Fuck'em. It is the only thing that has kept me dip free (well that and my enormous balls). I got emails from some vets who used fake for 175 days. Who gives a fat fuck if it takes 175 days to quit it. I have learned that I can forgo a fake dip say after dinner because I am too lazy to go get it. That would never happen with the real stuff I would have got up to get a dip. My point is that it will become less important and fade away in time. But even if you dip fake for the rest of your life it contains no nicotene and will not kill you. And that is a good thing. Good luck my quit brother and fuck all of those that disagree with me.
MOA

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
You have unknowingly opened a Pandoras box. That argument rages on here about fake. You will find some fine quitters pationately on both sides of this issue. Here is my take: I have been quit for 52 days, after a 24 year habit, and I use fake with a quickness. There are those that do not like the fake. Fuck'em. It is the only thing that has kept me dip free (well that and my enormous balls). I got emails from some vets who used fake for 175 days. Who gives a fat fuck if it takes 175 days to quit it. I have learned that I can forgo a fake dip say after dinner because I am too lazy to go get it. That would never happen with the real stuff I would have got up to get a dip. My point is that it will become less important and fade away in time. But even if you dip fake for the rest of your life it contains no nicotene and will not kill you. And that is a good thing. Good luck my quit brother and fuck all of those that disagree with me.
MOA
i don't give a rat's ass if you put a dog turd in your mouth......as long as it doesn't have any nic in it.

it is a tool that may delay the behavioral change....but certainly doesn't interfere with the actual withdrawal.....

think of it as a pacifier......or better yet moving from diapers to pull-ups.....

bottom line, post roll, keep your word....NO NICOTINE OF ANY KIND

stay quit, sing out if i can help you

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
MOA

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeA
Today is rough, The cravings are constant and im eating mint snuff like its going outta style. Which got me thinking, once i beat the nic battle, however long it may take, will i still have the urge to use the mint snuff? Just to have something in my lip? I feel like i may need to quit 2 addictions here.  Im submitting to the mint snuff anytime i get a craving. Is that normal?

Thanks fellas..
I used fake dip till somewhere around day 60 and just one day I realized that I had not used any for a while then it became a game to see how long I could go without the fake stuff. I now have 2 open cans on my desk and don't even want to open them. Don't really know why I have them there. Security probably. Nice thins about the fake. Your body will never be teling you that you NEED it. It will be just a habit, not an addiction.
Thats good to know, I shouldnt even be worrying about it at this point. Just focusing on staying nic free. I wish they put an apetite suppresant in the mint snuff lol.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
Today is rough, The cravings are constant and im eating mint snuff like its going outta style. Which got me thinking, once i beat the nic battle, however long it may take, will i still have the urge to use the mint snuff? Just to have something in my lip? I feel like i may need to quit 2 addictions here. Im submitting to the mint snuff anytime i get a craving. Is that normal?

Thanks fellas..
I used fake dip till somewhere around day 60 and just one day I realized that I had not used any for a while then it became a game to see how long I could go without the fake stuff. I now have 2 open cans on my desk and don't even want to open them. Don't really know why I have them there. Security probably. Nice thins about the fake. Your body will never be teling you that you NEED it. It will be just a habit, not an addiction.

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
Today is rough, The cravings are constant and im eating mint snuff like its going outta style. Which got me thinking, once i beat the nic battle, however long it may take, will i still have the urge to use the mint snuff? Just to have something in my lip? I feel like i may need to quit 2 addictions here. Im submitting to the mint snuff anytime i get a craving. Is that normal?

Thanks fellas..