Author Topic: New Guy!  (Read 2122 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: New Guy!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 07:02:00 PM »
So crispy I see how bad you want this. They called me a kid by golly I show them I don't have to put up with this shit! Bye! Grab your sac! Man up son, we won't serious quitters! Be a man show me,but I doubt it! May be your last chance to quit before the jaw rot sets in!. Put that in your lip and dip it!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline mattj83

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: Crispy
Well done Crispy posting day 4!

I quit with you today.
It's why I'm here Rawls. I'm accountable for my actions. Your subtle chirps calling me a kid and not a man are so false. You don't even have half the story. Maybe one day you will.

Day 4 went well. Still fatiguing through days but sleeping at night is better and appetite is returning. Beginning to get food back in my system to regain the lost weight. Day 5 will be a tough test, we'll roll with the punches, onto day five.
Accountable?
Why didn't you post roll day 5?

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.
Crispy, I'm a newbie as well (Day 20) so I don't want to act like I'm some vet around here, but I think the reason for some of the heat you are taking is because some people (myself included) might see your quit as a little fragile to start. I'll try to explain...check out my intro from a few days ago ("Enough...") I got to the point where I was so desperate to quit. Dip had run my life for so long, and I'd told my self so many times that I was going to quit and failed, I was helpless. The nic bitch was controlling me like a puppet on a string. I had to do some serious soul searching and sac checking to make sure I was ready to start my quit. Not another quit like I'd done every six months or so for the past 10 years, THE QUIT. I'm done. I'm never going back. Your intro made it sound like your quit was kind of an accident. That's what you need to be aware of. Hey, you've made it to day 5 (maybe...no roll??), so that's badass! I'm just trying to say, this quit needs to be on purpose...not accident. You need to have your head 100% committed or this will become just another attempted quit that you talk about 5 years from now.

I've got faith in you. You've made it through 4 brutal days. You've got nothing but support here, sometimes tough love, but everyone here is fighting the same battle as you. Post roll every day. ODAAT.

I quit with you today.

Matt

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »

I quit with you today.
It's why I'm here Rawls. I'm accountable for my actions. Your subtle chirps calling me a kid and not a man are so false. You don't even have half the story. Maybe one day you will.

Day 4 went well. Still fatiguing through days but sleeping at night is better and appetite is returning. Beginning to get food back in my system to regain the lost weight. Day 5 will be a tough test, we'll roll with the punches, onto day five.
Accountable?
Why didn't you post roll day 5?

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »

I quit with you today.

Crispy my friend no one's judging you, hell we don't know you but we will try to learn more about you later on right now all we give a shit about is you starting this life changing quit off right! The most amazing thing about this site is you will figure out we really do give a shit about each other! You're doing great! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Crispy

• Quit Date: 2015-06-20
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »

I quit with you today.

"Do or die, you'll never make me, because the world will never take my heart. Though you try, you'll never break me, we want it all, we want to play this part."

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 04:33:00 PM »

I quit with you today.
I believe.....

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 01:41:00 AM »
Obviously I'm serious otherwise I wouldn't be here? It's the right thing to do. My story is my story, I'm sorry if it isn't good enough for you Rawls...
I'm your huckleberry!

Your story is not good enough for you!

You need to be able to answer those questions for yourself.

You have to understand why your quitting or you will be another trophy on the Nic B@$hes mantel!

I'm not judging you.....
I'm passing on the truth that was given to me. The truth will always set you free.

I'm gonna stay on your A$@ till you show me your a quiter.

I want to know Why your quiting?
I want to know who your quitting for?
I want to know how your gonna quit?
I want to know your not just another young butterfly flapping his wings....

I need the boy who started a habit to confess as a man he is an addict and needs help to fight free from the chains of nicotine.

I want you to be free.
I want you to help others.
I want to help you EDD ODAAT.

Proud of you posting roll.
Lets do day 4 tomorrow morning.

We are not what we could be... Nor what we should be.... But ODAAT we are better than we used to be.

I will never be a user of tobacco again. If I do... I will die.

I quit with you today.
Dont quit fighting.
Rawls 217
I believe.....

Offline Charge

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-22
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 01:11:00 AM »
Crispy -
I got you, my broseph. I had the same initial response the first time I hit this forum last year. Now, I'm realizing the therapeutic effects of redirecting aggression on each other.

Like so many addicts, you started out to fit into a culture. Just as I'll always be in some sort of military circle, you'll always be in some sort of baseball circle (middle-aged softball league, coaching your kids' little league, etc.). You'll always have an excuse to slip back into the habit.

This weekend was your time to stop the cycle permanently. And you did it, and that's uber-awesome. You're going through a nic-hangover (sinus pressure, foggy thinking, severe fatigue, etc.). It'll pass. Just drink lots of cold water with some lemon, and do some high-intensity exercise. Hit the weights hard, and use that metabolic slump to add some weight where it matters.

I'm quitting with you, brother. I'll see you in Roll Call tomorrow.
Zero day: 22 June 2015.
Quit date: Today.

Offline Crispy

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 12:59:00 AM »
"There's also a saying wise men listen to elders. I'm here along with many others to help you quit but you must be willing to take a little to receive the help you're gonna need. I remember in my first week a guy busting balls and I actually was ready to leave and then another right after him and I finally caught on to the olé tough love and have not looked back. Just remember we all want you to quit, we just trying to make sure you learn to stay quit! This shits not easy! I quit with you today!"

I understand, I am open to listen and take advice for I have not traveled this road before like others have. However how can anyone pass judgement when we certainly all have been judged by our habit? I don't proclaim to be perfect, I know I am flawed in many ways that go far beyond the habit. If he is looking for more of my story, when I am ready I will certainly will share. However like staying quit each and every day it is a process. When I am comfortable to open with more I will, I am just trying to get through the first few days to start as I have read/heard they are most difficult. Day 3 complete. On to Day 4. Thank you for your kindness Pab!
"Do or die, you'll never make me, because the world will never take my heart. Though you try, you'll never break me, we want it all, we want to play this part."

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »
There's a saying. Don't judge or ye be judged. I am here to knock a habit. I love how the first thing I get during the journey is somebody judging.

Let me explain. I had one night out with a friend, got over the effect, then decided to quit. The only role alcohol played in my decision to quit was getting me through day one of the detox from the nic-bitch. In my very weak attempts on my own to stop I could never get through day one. Here I am ending day three. Earlier in the day I was craving a fix badly and had to pass the gas station on the way to where I was going. I drove past. Looking to get through the last hour of the day and post roll again tomorrow!
There's also a saying wise men listen to elders. I'm here along with many others to help you quit but you must be willing to take a little to receive the help you're gonna need. I remember in my first week a guy busting balls and I actually was ready to leave and then another right after him and I finally caught on to the olé tough love and have not looked back. Just remember we all want you to quit, we just trying to make sure you learn to stay quit! This shits not easy! I quit with you today!

Offline Crispy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 10:14:00 PM »
There's a saying. Don't judge or ye be judged. I am here to knock a habit. I love how the first thing I get during the journey is somebody judging.

Let me explain. I had one night out with a friend, got over the effect, then decided to quit. The only role alcohol played in my decision to quit was getting me through day one of the detox from the nic-bitch. In my very weak attempts on my own to stop I could never get through day one. Here I am ending day three. Earlier in the day I was craving a fix badly and had to pass the gas station on the way to where I was going. I drove past. Looking to get through the last hour of the day and post roll again tomorrow!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »
Ok Crispy.... That my friend is a weak Intro!
Dude like I got drunk and like I forgot to dip like wow dude.

I want to know why your quitting?
I want to know who your quitting for?
I want to know how your gonna quit?

Yes, baseball is where alot of us started. KTC is where we quit!

Get serious about it.......
Show me your not just drunk again posting on a forum!

You post roll today and then I will QUIT with you EDD!

Rawls 'Popcorn'

Ps You are not superman your an Addict hooked on the second strongest chemical outside if herion.
Let us help you! Post Roll.

Go here: topic/11155274/
So you don't like what Rawls said, then you're probably not gonna like what I say. I know you're young and you know everything already but you're not ready for this battle alone. Grab your sac and man up! If you can't take what he said your little special butterfly ass want be able take a good ass chewing! Goodluck buttercup

Offline Swill

• Quit Date: 2015-06-15
  • Interests: Chasing slob whitetails and catching big bluegills
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »
Hi All,

After a heavy night of drinking Friday night and feeling like crap all day Saturday, it was my first day in my journey to quit chew! I didn't realize it though, I just felt like crap and didn't want any part of it.

So today being Sunday/Father's Day, I still felt like crap from Saturday being hungover all day and not really sleeping that day. So little did I know it was day two. However, being "hungover" for two days didn't make sense to me. Then I realized, I hadn't chewed in two days. The insomnia, the lack of appetite, the anxiety was from not having chewed, not because I was still hungover.

I started last year in March 2014 as a junior in college playing baseball. I still remember the first time, I thought it was awesome. I figured it would be something I could do for the next year and then just when I stopped playing I would be done no problem. I thought I was above it, like every 20 year old you think you're Superman. I've been done playing for two months now and I still found myself pulling into gas stations walking out with a tin though I said I wouldn't. Then I figure, well I spent the money, not going to just throw it out. I've wanted to quit, I found a window in here where I can make it happen, I just don't know how long I can function without being able to sleep or eat. It's been two days and I'm already... just frustrated... tired... hungry... and other adjectives I can't think of at this time.

Happy to be aboard though!
Good luck brother....i'm in i with you. I'm on day 8....I wish I would have done a serious QUIT sooner. I think as you get older you get wiser....and age creeps up on you quick. Shit, i'm almost 40, it was just yesterday I was a young 30 year old punk making good money and living life. .....dipping like a MOFO w no care in the world. Now I have 2 kids, wife, house, boat.....lot of shit to live for. I'm done. I'm doing what I can do now to live a longer life. I figured if I stayed chewing in was done at 50 or before....now I'm hoping I bought more life. Time will tell...but regardless the time is here to be done.

I have to admit though.... I never just forgot to chew.....that's what I LIVED FOR, MY NEXT DIP. one in and one out, non stop daily. shower, driving, breaks, after I ate, after I shit, after I pissed, woke up in the middle of the night. Trust me, I never forgot to dip. I had strep throat and I jammed a dip in my lip......I was an addicted FREAK

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
Quote from: quark
My story is my story, I'm sorry if it isn't good enough for you Rawls...
I hear Rawls saying something different. He wants to hear more of your story. Every story is a some the same and some different; the more we hear the more we learn. Also, drinking early in your quit is a bad idea since good judgement goes out the window with intoxication. So Rawls wants to hear that you are serious about your quit, since drinking early in a quit raises skeptical eyebrows. You have to trust these experienced quitters when they hear something that leaves them unsettled, because they recognize ways of thinking that lead to quit and ways of thinking that lead to cave. Give up that alcohol for a while. Trust your fellow quitters when they ask for a dialogue. They want you to do what's right as much as you do.
^^^ glass half-full

\/\/\/ glass half-empty

'sac'

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
My story is my story, I'm sorry if it isn't good enough for you Rawls...
I hear Rawls saying something different. He wants to hear more of your story. Every story is a some the same and some different; the more we hear the more we learn. Also, drinking early in your quit is a bad idea since good judgement goes out the window with intoxication. So Rawls wants to hear that you are serious about your quit, since drinking early in a quit raises skeptical eyebrows. You have to trust these experienced quitters when they hear something that leaves them unsettled, because they recognize ways of thinking that lead to quit and ways of thinking that lead to cave. Give up that alcohol for a while. Trust your fellow quitters when they ask for a dialogue. They want you to do what's right as much as you do.