Author Topic: Manly Quitter  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Manly Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: KickinTheCan
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Day 2: felt okay first half of the day, now I'm starting to get the crazy fog symptoms stronger than ever, which will probably last until I go to bed pretty much, 'cuz that is how it went down for me yesterday. Just drinking tons of water and keeping busy with other things as much as possible. Fun stuff.
MIA, anyone have digits?

Offline KickinTheCan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-30
  • Interests: Pumping and humping, running, overall physical fitness, watching football (go ducks! and yes I'm from Oregon), staying dip free; Having grown up in the mountains, I enjoy all things outdoors such as camping, fishing, hunting, etc and I love sports, even though the only thing I get around to these days is maybe a round of golf here and there and some disc golf as well. Okay, I like a lot of shit, I just don't have time for all of it anymore in my current situation, being in the military and all (currently deployed)
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Day 2: felt okay first half of the day, now I'm starting to get the crazy fog symptoms stronger than ever, which will probably last until I go to bed pretty much, 'cuz that is how it went down for me yesterday. Just drinking tons of water and keeping busy with other things as much as possible. Fun stuff.
Rob's my name. Quitting smokeless tobacco and remaining nic-free is my game.

Offline deerman

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Hey Done4Me,

Your story (HOF Speech) was actually the very first one I encountered when I stumbled upon this site. After that I kept reading on. Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm getting slight headaches and lightheadedness, and obvious lack of focus as the fog bank rolls in, as i'm approaching my 24 hour mark. I have no intention or desire of dipping and can't wait to post roll again tomorrow!
This. It made my day! Love it.
I read Done4Me's speech as well. It is quit prose of the finest sort.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
Hey Done4Me,

Your story (HOF Speech) was actually the very first one I encountered when I stumbled upon this site. After that I kept reading on. Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm getting slight headaches and lightheadedness, and obvious lack of focus as the fog bank rolls in, as i'm approaching my 24 hour mark. I have no intention or desire of dipping and can't wait to post roll again tomorrow!
You are a wise man to follow the lead of Done4me ... total bad-ass quitter. Keep pushing, keep quitting. Make posting roll your priority, and make it an every damn day priority! Welcome bro, I quit with you today!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
Hey Done4Me,

Offline toogoodootgr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-09
  • Interests: Offshore fishing, inshore fishing, hunting, boating, and anything else on the water
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
You can push through it. It get easier, then harder, then easier again. It sounds like you have the basics of the site down. Keep pushing through and use this site if the cravings get to be too much. Proud to quit with you today.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Ginet
Sorry. All I heard was blah blah blah.

I'm a chic so the "real man" comment turned my bitch on.

No worries. A real quitter just quits. Now. Stop. Get the shit out of your mouth and quit. Nice you are thinking about it though. Such a sweet thought.

Go dump your shit. Quit. "Getting bagged on" yeah....sucks for a girl too. HAHAHAHAAAA So I've heard.

Until then, I will just be a "real girl" and quit.

Laters
Yeah I reread my intro after I posted it and noticed this part in particular might offend the women populus of this wonderful site. None of that was intended to be like that, I'm just trying to stay positive in my own head here. The fog is real.

(P.S. I guess I wasn't clear, but I'm almost at the 24 hour mark for my quit. I work swings so I get off work late and took my last dip out around the 1am mark this morning; felt like counting today would be a lie, that's why I said my official 24 hours free of dip with be 01 OCT 2014, at 0100 to be exact)
Good for you then. Today is day 1. You should post day in your quit group. And then post day 2 as soon as tomorrow begins. Posting roll is your word that you'll keep nicotine out of your body for the next 24 hours. It guarantees your safety from nicotine. I recommend posting your daily roll call as a soon as possible
Yeah, I posted roll first thing after I posted my intro. I'm in this for the long-haul, and I've always prided myself on keeping my word.
Dude is on roll. He is now a quitter. I you stay in play and have a 100% roll post percentage, you have a very good chance of long term quitting.
Hey Done4Me,

Quit hard. Push through the fog. It's worth it. PM me if I can help at all.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline KickinTheCan

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pumping and humping, running, overall physical fitness, watching football (go ducks! and yes I'm from Oregon), staying dip free; Having grown up in the mountains, I enjoy all things outdoors such as camping, fishing, hunting, etc and I love sports, even though the only thing I get around to these days is maybe a round of golf here and there and some disc golf as well. Okay, I like a lot of shit, I just don't have time for all of it anymore in my current situation, being in the military and all (currently deployed)
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 11:24:00 PM »

No worries. A real quitter just quits. Now. Stop. Get the shit out of your mouth and quit. Nice you are thinking about it though. Such a sweet thought.

Go dump your shit. Quit. "Getting bagged on" yeah....sucks for a girl too. HAHAHAHAAAA So I've heard.

Laters
Yeah I reread my intro after I posted it and noticed this part in particular might offend the women populus of this wonderful site. None of that was intended to be like that, I'm just trying to stay positive in my own head here. The fog is real.

(P.S. I guess I wasn't clear, but I'm almost at the 24 hour mark for my quit. I work swings so I get off work late and took my last dip out around the 1am mark this morning; felt like counting today would be a lie, that's why I said my official 24 hours free of dip with be 01 OCT 2014, at 0100 to be exact)
Good for you then. Today is day 1. You should post day in your quit group. And then post day 2 as soon as tomorrow begins. Posting roll is your word that you'll keep nicotine out of your body for the next 24 hours. It guarantees your safety from nicotine. I recommend posting your daily roll call as a soon as possible
Yeah, I posted roll first thing after I posted my intro. I'm in this for the long-haul, and I've always prided myself on keeping my word.
Dude is on roll. He is now a quitter. I you stay in play and have a 100% roll post percentage, you have a very good chance of long term quitting.
Hey Done4Me,

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »

Laters

Offline KickinTheCan

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »

Laters

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »

Laters

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
The day you quit is your Day 1. No excuses. Failure is unacceptable from this point forward.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline KickinTheCan

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »

Laters

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »
You guys have the wrong idea. I work swings so I got off work late and had a dip in very early this morning (taken out around 1am, so I couldn't technically count today without feeling like a liar.
Alright quitter, post roll tomorrow and count day 2. I quit with ya.

Offline KickinTheCan

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
You guys have the wrong idea. I work swings so I got off work late and had a dip in very early this morning (taken out around 1am, so I couldn't technically count today without feeling like a liar.