Author Topic: One More Addiction  (Read 1857 times)

Offline vh5150

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: One More Addiction
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
Quote from: RWM
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: brianl
Thanks guys...
But here is the deal. I have a huge party to go to tomorrow, last one of the summer. I know I'm gonna get shitfaced, don't want to dip.
I could lie to all of you and say "ok, i'll stop the gum today", but I know I won't and don't want to play that game. So I'm sticking to my plan and stopping the gum Sat night on my way home from the party. I know it's not the best way of doing things and I'm not proud of it. So look for my post on Sunday when I do my first roll call with 100% honesty.

kb81..... I pissed my pants laughing reading that!!!

KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD!
Brian
I'll take the under , there is always a reason not to stop, and there is always a reason you can start again, your not committed to your quit.
Wimpy says to Popeye "I'll gladly quit for you Tuesday for a dip today".
Man up and quit or keep using the nic. It's black or white, no grey. You can rationalize that you don't need it. What's more important, the party or your life? I done the same thing you did for almost 20 years. How important is that party when you are taking a dirt nap because there was always another reason to quit the nic? You've got some hard ass supporters to help you in your quit. You've also got some people that frown on people that walk the tightrope.
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
Thanks guys...
But here is the deal. I have a huge party to go to tomorrow, last one of the summer. I know I'm gonna get shitfaced, don't want to dip.
I could lie to all of you and say "ok, i'll stop the gum today", but I know I won't and don't want to play that game. So I'm sticking to my plan and stopping the gum Sat night on my way home from the party. I know it's not the best way of doing things and I'm not proud of it. So look for my post on Sunday when I do my first roll call with 100% honesty.

Brian
I'll take the under , there is always a reason not to stop, and there is always a reason you can start again, your not committed to your quit.
Wimpy says to Popeye "I'll gladly quit for you Tuesday for a dip today".
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 09:54:00 AM »
Thanks guys...

Brian
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
Quote from: davenc
Quote from: kb81
Quote from: GlennFtheKodiak
Squirrel,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm new to this site ( 2 days), stopped dipping on Aug 23rd. However I'm using the NIC gum until the 29th. That's the day I go for being completely NIC free.
I'm 40 years old, dipping since 13. Beat a cocaine addiction in my late 20's.

So right now I'm not posting roll call because I'm not completely NIC free. I did join the December 100 day group, will start posting roll call on the 30th.

For now I'm just learning the in's and out's of this web site and absorbing all the useful info these people provide.

Brianl
Brian why not do it today? Why waste another 3 days on the gum? Trust me it's gonna hurt just as bad withdrawing from that shit. Been there, buddy was on the gum for 13 days when i came here. low doses too. DO IT TODAY, you will not regret it.

Planned quit days never work. They don't.
Glen couldn't have said it any better. In the infamous words of Nike... "Just do it." It's too easy. Get it over and done with.
Plus quitting nic does make your cock bigger. Now what man wouldn't want that?
Brian's cell mate!!! This place is about integrity, you honor your word and no one will bag on you! I will be looking for your integrity on Sunday! These boys are correct in saying that the gum does nothing but prolong the suck....3 days and the nicotine is out of your system (via cold turkey)
The rest is just a mind game... so Saturday night when you get your drink on, be sure to come home with your nut satchel, you will need them
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
sorry kb81, that was davenc's crazy ass comment

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Thanks guys...

Brian

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »
Quote from: davenc
Squirrel,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm new to this site ( 2 days), stopped dipping on Aug 23rd. However I'm using the NIC gum until the 29th. That's the day I go for being completely NIC free.

So right now I'm not posting roll call because I'm not completely NIC free. I did join the December 100 day group, will start posting roll call on the 30th.

For now I'm just learning the in's and out's of this web site and absorbing all the useful info these people provide.

Brianl
Brian why not do it today? Why waste another 3 days on the gum? Trust me it's gonna hurt just as bad withdrawing from that shit. Been there, buddy was on the gum for 13 days when i came here. low doses too. DO IT TODAY, you will not regret it.

Glen couldn't have said it any better. In the infamous words of Nike... "Just do it." It's too easy. Get it over and done with.
That plus shaving your balls.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
Squirrel,

Brianl

Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline kb81

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
Squirrel,

Brianl

( . )( . )

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
Squirrel,

Brianl

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
Squirrel,

Brianl

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
I believe it's Squirrel Out.

:(
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
Quote from: BlindSquirrel
Instigator - just read your post here. Just posted in nohappydays thread that I ripped the patch off earlier. Don't think I need to start over at Day 1 but if that's how you guys roll here, no problem. In my mind, I'm still on day 7 but I can be day 1 here. Calling it day 1 in my head would only serve to discourage me and that's not going to help. Either way, though, the result will be the same - no more dip!
Blindsquirrel I came here last year on "day 13" but i was using the gum. It hurt to go back to day 1 too I certainly felt a little deflated.

For a week or so i posted two quit days in my roll call to make myself feel better, but shortly after I just dropped the other one. Sucks but what's a number anyway? Good job on being dip free for x days but you are only nic free for y days (whatever the days are). It's pretty black and white.

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: TonyC
HEY MAN, ARE YOU GOING TO POST ROLL CALL.......YOU CAN DO IT BRO!!!!
'impatient' 'impatient' 'impatient'

Offline TonyC

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Golf, Guns and that is basically it.
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
HEY MAN, ARE YOU GOING TO POST ROLL CALL.......YOU CAN DO IT BRO!!!!