Author Topic: The buck stops here.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The buck stops here.
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: eaglebaseball11
Made through Day 4. Been feeling more "normal" haven't had too bad of cravings today not like they were on Sunday night. I will try to post earlier in the day, been busy with school getting ready for Mid-terms and that is always a joy. Enjoy gum much more than the Smokey Mountain fake stuff. Keep on Quittin' On.
Here's what you need to do. Get you a plane ticket as quick as you can to the Himalayan mountains. There is a mountain there called Mount Everest. You've heard of this i'm sure. Travel there and climb this mountain my friend. Take a couple oxygen tanks,, I hear the air is quite thin at the top. I haven't personally made this journey, but this about you not me. When you get to the top take a good look around. Take a look at the world without nicotine traveling through your body, desensitizing your emotions and blurring your vision. The world looks different when you don't include a can of poison in it.

I know this journey may be out of the question and a little to hard for you. If that's the case just step out your front door. Take a good look. FREEDOM!!! Feel it, taste it and smell it. Glad to be quit with you.
Hey bro, before you book your ticket or head out your front door.... get in there and post roll for a Day 5. Let's see that quit continue today. I know you are busy with school, etc... but you need to make this roll post  quit #1 on your list.

Once roll complete, do as my brother srans instructed! You will feel that much better once you do it... trust me!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Made through Day 4. Been feeling more "normal" haven't had too bad of cravings today not like they were on Sunday night. I will try to post earlier in the day, been busy with school getting ready for Mid-terms and that is always a joy. Enjoy gum much more than the Smokey Mountain fake stuff. Keep on Quittin' On.
Here's what you need to do. Get you a plane ticket as quick as you can to the Himalayan mountains. There is a mountain there called Mount Everest. You've heard of this i'm sure. Travel there and climb this mountain my friend. Take a couple oxygen tanks,, I hear the air is quite thin at the top. I haven't personally made this journey, but this about you not me. When you get to the top take a good look around. Take a look at the world without nicotine traveling through your body, desensitizing your emotions and blurring your vision. The world looks different when you don't include a can of poison in it.

I know this journey may be out of the question and a little to hard for you. If that's the case just step out your front door. Take a good look. FREEDOM!!! Feel it, taste it and smell it. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline eaglebaseball11

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
welcome man, i'm january 14 with you as well. Keep your promise to yourself and you will feel better, be happier and your girl will be able to see that. Ultimately, only you can make this decision to stick with it. No more excuses for not posting roll with your brothers. We need you to keep the promise everyday. If you don't have a smart phone or access to a computer text me or someone else in the group to post for you, but we need to know you are making your promise to us for the day.

I know the moment seems surreal when you do something for the first time without dip that you can remember. My moment came the first time I mowed the grass again, well after I ate a meal, and took a shit. The point it we all conquer major milestones everyday and even the simplist of task without a dip should make you feel like a bad ass.

No more not posting roll. I quit with you today.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
Day 3 Tobacco Free, didn't get a chance to post yesterday I was driving back across the state. Major cravings last night Smokey Mountain Wintergreen is helping so is winterfresh chewing gum. I can feel my gums trying to heal themselves it hurts like a bitch at times but I know I can't fail. I can't let myself down, and I can't let everyone else down.
Glad you are here and are doing well. You need to make posting roll a commitment. People that don't tend to fail, while those that do, tend to stay quit. You can post from your smart phone, or text someone to post for you, but make it a commitment. The harder it is to do, the more rewarding it is when you do it and stay quit that day.
Quit on.

Offline eaglebaseball11

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
Day 3 Tobacco Free, didn't get a chance to post yesterday I was driving back across the state. Major cravings last night Smokey Mountain Wintergreen is helping so is winterfresh chewing gum. I can feel my gums trying to heal themselves it hurts like a bitch at times but I know I can't fail. I can't let myself down, and I can't let everyone else down.

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
Managed to make it through one big test and that was a sit in the treestand this evening. I have been burning through double mint gum. Honestly besides the fog this morning as long as I have the doublemint I have felt better than when I do chew. I am done, ready to keep pushing on.
when are you going to post roll?

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
Managed to make it through one big test and that was a sit in the treestand this evening. I have been burning through double mint gum. Honestly besides the fog this morning as long as I have the doublemint I have felt better than when I do chew. I am done, ready to keep pushing on.
Awesome work, keep pushing on!

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 02:01:00 AM »

That's awesome man. I've yet to hang my stand for the season but I know that when I do, I won't be wondering if a bucks gonna be smelling my Copenhagen. I quit with you today
EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline eaglebaseball11

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »

Offline Roughshod78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, home brewing, & college football!!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Welcome Eagle!!

I'm Roughshod78 I'm on day 5.

You have made a life changing decision when you joined the KTC!!

I'm new and fresh out of the suck.

My humble advice is to allow your time in the suck (the first several days) to sharpen and fine tune your resolve.

Remember every second of it and never let your body become that dependent on nicotine again.

It's all pretty simple; don't put that poison in yo face!! Lol

Anything that comes along can be managed, just keep that shit out of your lip!!

Welcome to the Killers Hof group. Pm me if you want to talk.
"The travelin is easy when you know the way..." Mule21

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Completely understand what you mean, I am doing it for myself. Just tired of the cost and was getting concerned when I would wake up and could peel a layer of skin out of my lip. At 4 P.M. I will hit 24hrs, but I am considering today day one. I felt like hell earlier this morning but not nearly as bad now.
You can consider today day 2.

LetÂ’s play a game: ItÂ’s called Would You Drink It.

If I had a cup full of poison and I told you I would give you one million dollars to drink it. Oh there is a catch. It will make you sicker than you have ever been, your body will ache, your internal organs may feel like they are melting, you will bleed from every orifice, and your hair will fall out. These effects will last one week but you will have one million dollars.

Would you drink it?

No, ok letÂ’s up the ante a little. LetÂ’s say I would give you two million dollars to drink the poison. But this time the effects will be worse than case one and will last for 30 days. You will be even sicker, you will bleed even more, you will be so sick you will wish for death. Now keep in mind you will be two million dollars richer.

Would you drink it?

Now here is where it gets interesting: If I told you that you had to drink that cup of poison and it was going to cost you 2 million dollars and you would get all of the symptoms listed above and more just to possibly stay alive.

Would you drink it?

P.S. It is your chemotherapy because you have cancer due to your decision to keep dipping when you had the opportunity to quit. Think long and hard before you decide to pack your lip full of that shit. It will kill you! Are you really that selfish? DonÂ’t the oneÂ’s that care about you deserve better? DonÂ’t you deserve better? Will you really doom yourself to this fate? The choice is yours. I choose Never Again!
We all drink the quit every day and can share the antidote that we've learned works. Read all you can bring your rage here and post roll Everyday.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Completely understand what you mean, I am doing it for myself. Just tired of the cost and was getting concerned when I would wake up and could peel a layer of skin out of my lip. At 4 P.M. I will hit 24hrs, but I am considering today day one. I felt like hell earlier this morning but not nearly as bad now.
You can consider today day 2.

LetÂ’s play a game: ItÂ’s called Would You Drink It.

If I had a cup full of poison and I told you I would give you one million dollars to drink it. Oh there is a catch. It will make you sicker than you have ever been, your body will ache, your internal organs may feel like they are melting, you will bleed from every orifice, and your hair will fall out. These effects will last one week but you will have one million dollars.

Would you drink it?

No, ok letÂ’s up the ante a little. LetÂ’s say I would give you two million dollars to drink the poison. But this time the effects will be worse than case one and will last for 30 days. You will be even sicker, you will bleed even more, you will be so sick you will wish for death. Now keep in mind you will be two million dollars richer.

Would you drink it?

Now here is where it gets interesting: If I told you that you had to drink that cup of poison and it was going to cost you 2 million dollars and you would get all of the symptoms listed above and more just to possibly stay alive.

Would you drink it?

P.S. It is your chemotherapy because you have cancer due to your decision to keep dipping when you had the opportunity to quit. Think long and hard before you decide to pack your lip full of that shit. It will kill you! Are you really that selfish? DonÂ’t the oneÂ’s that care about you deserve better? DonÂ’t you deserve better? Will you really doom yourself to this fate? The choice is yours. I choose Never Again!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Bigtuna77

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
Congrats Eagle! I'm by no means a veteran here, (Day 7) but I'll be glad to help anyway I can. Listen to these guys. There is a ton of advice on here. They've been through it, sometimes multiple times.
Like stated in a previous post, make sure to post roll. Taking that pledge means I can't let myself down, my family down, or my buddies on here down.
I won't lie, I'm still mood swinging like a menopausal prostitute. But I'm going to be be fine. There's support here everywhere you look.
Keep on the quit!

Offline eaglebaseball11

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »