Author Topic: Today is the day  (Read 3695 times)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is the day
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
Lwild those are exactly the days you want to make sure you're on roll. Those days when everything seems to be getting to you are the days that the whispers get a little louder and the nic bitch's hot breath doesn't smell so funky. I'm glad you're still quit, but make it a priority, especially on the rough days.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
Let us quit today.

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
Quote from: lwildma2
Sorry for missing roll yesterday. I am still nic free. I was in a very strange and dark place and I didn't even realize I missed until I went on to post today and saw my name on the list of those who didn't post.

I came off of a 78 hour work week and slept 4 hours Friday night. This is triple the length of sleep compared to the previous 10 days. Saturday I had no motivation. I was supposed to get up and head to the GF. Took me 5 hours to get out of bed, get ready and walk out the door. I was so out of it I cut off the bottom part of my nostril with my straight edge razor.

It was an 18 hour long craving. I never caved. I hate to admit it but I had thought about going into a CC store, but was so lethargic I didn't want to waste the energy getting out of the car and walking in.

It freaked me out but it may have been the last major try from Nic B. I slept 8 hours last night and feel the best today I have in years.

I will post roll and I am Quit.

I quit with all of you today.
I missed roll too. not cool. similar thing worked a ton this week and yesterday i woke up late and didn't take the time to post roll real quick like i should have. after working a 12 hr shift yesterday i had a few drinks with a friend. thought about dip a few times and how it would of felt having one in my lip. just had to say to myself fuck that not worth the short satisfaction it would bring because ultimately i want to be quit for good. to all of the december quit group sorry for fucking up roll. i quit with you all today!

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9-9-15
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 12:21:00 PM »
Sorry for missing roll yesterday. I am still nic free. I was in a very strange and dark place and I didn't even realize I missed until I went on to post today and saw my name on the list of those who didn't post.

I came off of a 78 hour work week and slept 4 hours Friday night. This is triple the length of sleep compared to the previous 10 days. Saturday I had no motivation. I was supposed to get up and head to the GF. Took me 5 hours to get out of bed, get ready and walk out the door. I was so out of it I cut off the bottom part of my nostril with my straight edge razor.

It was an 18 hour long craving. I never caved. I hate to admit it but I had thought about going into a CC store, but was so lethargic I didn't want to waste the energy getting out of the car and walking in.

It freaked me out but it may have been the last major try from Nic B. I slept 8 hours last night and feel the best today I have in years.

I will post roll and I am Quit.

I quit with all of you today.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 10:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Black coffee and water, water, water have been helping me a lot. A stick or two of sugarless gum helps me when my brain thinks I need something in my mouth.

I quit with you lwildma2. I can't wait to read everyone's name in December roll tomorrow.
I always tell people that coffee stunted my growth. I am 6'5 390lbs. I could have been 7 foot tall!!!!

I have been drinking water like no tomorrow. I have been using jake's mint chew and really don't have the cravings. Today I just lost my mind and it was everything I could do to keep it together. Spent a lot of time in my office with the door closed breathing. I am a very calm person and rarely can people tell if I am upset, not today.

I will be on roll call in the morning right beside you. Quit on my badass quitting brother.
You survived that episode. I had an episode today and I survived as well. You and I will be on roll tomorrow my friend. We are doing great.

I quit with you today!

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Black coffee and water, water, water have been helping me a lot. A stick or two of sugarless gum helps me when my brain thinks I need something in my mouth.

I quit with you lwildma2. I can't wait to read everyone's name in December roll tomorrow.
I always tell people that coffee stunted my growth. I am 6'5 390lbs. I could have been 7 foot tall!!!!

I have been drinking water like no tomorrow. I have been using jake's mint chew and really don't have the cravings. Today I just lost my mind and it was everything I could do to keep it together. Spent a lot of time in my office with the door closed breathing. I am a very calm person and rarely can people tell if I am upset, not today.

I will be on roll call in the morning right beside you. Quit on my badass quitting brother.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 10:06:00 PM »

Offline JediTodd

• Quit Date: 2015-09-16
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
After a couple of years of half hearted attempts to quit, today is the day it will be my last. I had my first dip at the age of 8 and started chewing full time at the age of 14. Now I am 29 and tobacco will have no part of my life any longer. I have had many friends and coworkers kick the can and I have not been ready to until now. The big wake up call was a friend who passed away from cancer yesterday morning. He had always encouraged me to quit and I never took it to heart. Today is the day. Some of you may have seen Gruen's story. http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Gruen.html Is the link to a website that shares his story. I am quitting for Gruen and most importantly I am quitting for myself.
I'm in the same boat as you are so let's do this thing. The more I'm on the board the better i feel about this. Let me know if I can help!

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
Quote from: JBird
Quote from: KingNothing
My dear old buddy MR FOG finally moved in the evening of Day 5. Restless night's sleep and the FOG is horrible this morning on day 6. Cravings haven't been that bad but I have been chewing Jake's Mint Chew now at the levels I was doing Cope. Should I be cutting back on the mint chew (2 cans per day)?
I think the vast majority of the guys on here will tell you to do whatever it takes to keep the nicotine out of your face even if it means using 5 cans a day of the mint. I never used the fake stuff so I can't speak to it, but I can tell you that the first 45 days or so I constantly had seeds, mints, gum, or a toothpick in my mouth if I wasn't eating. Now, I probably chew one toothpick a day, and maybe a piece of gum or handful of seeds.

Without the addictive qualities of the nicotine, your desire to keep using the substitutes will fade over time. Eventually, you'll stop.
I say do whatever you have to do to get you through the day right now. You will eventually not need the sub. If Jakes ( i use it a little too) works right now, use it. I would mix in a little gum, seeds, and sugarless candy. Your need for these subs will eventually be less and less. You are fine. Stay the course. See you at roll call tomorrow!!
I've been going through a bag of sunflower seeds a day who cares if it means I'm not chewing and risking myself to cancer. Do whatever it takes I quit with you fuckers!!!

Offline JBird

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-04
  • Interests: All Sports
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »
My dear old buddy MR FOG finally moved in the evening of Day 5. Restless night's sleep and the FOG is horrible this morning on day 6. Cravings haven't been that bad but I have been chewing Jake's Mint Chew now at the levels I was doing Cope. Should I be cutting back on the mint chew (2 cans per day)?
I think the vast majority of the guys on here will tell you to do whatever it takes to keep the nicotine out of your face even if it means using 5 cans a day of the mint. I never used the fake stuff so I can't speak to it, but I can tell you that the first 45 days or so I constantly had seeds, mints, gum, or a toothpick in my mouth if I wasn't eating. Now, I probably chew one toothpick a day, and maybe a piece of gum or handful of seeds.

Without the addictive qualities of the nicotine, your desire to keep using the substitutes will fade over time. Eventually, you'll stop.
I say do whatever you have to do to get you through the day right now. You will eventually not need the sub. If Jakes ( i use it a little too) works right now, use it. I would mix in a little gum, seeds, and sugarless candy. Your need for these subs will eventually be less and less. You are fine. Stay the course. See you at roll call tomorrow!!

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »
Today Mr Rage showed up. I bet if I heard Mother Theresa tell me "God Bless You", I would want to rip her head off. I have been doing my counted deep breathing most of the day and am snacking like no other. I know that nasty NB is there lurking. She hasn't pushed a hard craving, but I feel her laying the trap. I am strong and I am Quit. Just need to acknowledge the feeling.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 11:49:00 AM »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »
This morning I had a crazy experience. At 50 hours after quit I was working on this big report for work. I had probably spent 20 mins focusing on one section of print and my mind went blank and I zoned out for 10 seconds at most. As my mind was starting to process again, I had this overwhelming feeling of guilt. It was 10-15 seconds later I realized I tasted Copenhagen Straight and then could smell it and had a feeling of release. I swiped my tongue through my lip and felt a wad. I stopped and panicked. I sat at my desk for a couple of minutes and was going through guilt like no tomorrow. I finally got through the feelings and got up and went to the bathroom. I went in a stall and spit out the wad. There were 10 raisins floating in the stool.

I have been using raisins as a crutch for an oral fixation and normally I can keep them in as a dip for a minute or two and then eat them and the craving has passed. I guess I was so focused on work the NB tried to take over and get me to think I had caved. It was the oddest experience. I remember thinking that I did roll call this morning and there is no way I am breaking my QUIT. I don't have any chew and was freaking out on where or when I had gotten some.

This brotherhood is awesome and I don't know if I would still have my Quit without it. For all those who have said they QUIT WITH ME, I want to send you a thank you from the bottom of my heart because of that brief phrase I was able to snap back into reality and kick NB back to the curb.

I quit with all of you today and will see you on roll call in the morning.
That feeling of guilt and remorse is because you've accepted the fact that you are no longer an active nicotine user and it disgusts you to even think of dipping. Awesome. The accountability and brotherhood of this place is special and has already saved me on several occasions. No way you're going to throw that away to go back to banging a can. Again awesome.

I definitely quit with you today. Keep it up Wild.
Damn! A waking dip dream! Dip dreams, where you dream you are back in happy land with a turd of nicotine in your lip full taste and smell making the sun shine are not unusual... They are scary and creepy things. To have one while awake, while concentrating on other activity is scary indeed. You checked and we're still quit. Build on that. Dip dreams are not one time things, but the confidence that the dream is not true builds over time.

Tough challenge met! Proud to quit with you today.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
This morning I had a crazy experience. At 50 hours after quit I was working on this big report for work. I had probably spent 20 mins focusing on one section of print and my mind went blank and I zoned out for 10 seconds at most. As my mind was starting to process again, I had this overwhelming feeling of guilt. It was 10-15 seconds later I realized I tasted Copenhagen Straight and then could smell it and had a feeling of release. I swiped my tongue through my lip and felt a wad. I stopped and panicked. I sat at my desk for a couple of minutes and was going through guilt like no tomorrow. I finally got through the feelings and got up and went to the bathroom. I went in a stall and spit out the wad. There were 10 raisins floating in the stool.

I have been using raisins as a crutch for an oral fixation and normally I can keep them in as a dip for a minute or two and then eat them and the craving has passed. I guess I was so focused on work the NB tried to take over and get me to think I had caved. It was the oddest experience. I remember thinking that I did roll call this morning and there is no way I am breaking my QUIT. I don't have any chew and was freaking out on where or when I had gotten some.

This brotherhood is awesome and I don't know if I would still have my Quit without it. For all those who have said they QUIT WITH ME, I want to send you a thank you from the bottom of my heart because of that brief phrase I was able to snap back into reality and kick NB back to the curb.

I quit with all of you today and will see you on roll call in the morning.
That feeling of guilt and remorse is because you've accepted the fact that you are no longer an active nicotine user and it disgusts you to even think of dipping. Awesome. The accountability and brotherhood of this place is special and has already saved me on several occasions. No way you're going to throw that away to go back to banging a can. Again awesome.

I definitely quit with you today. Keep it up Wild.

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good