Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 5285 times)

Offline jcook

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Quit
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
Congrats brother! Simply the best thing you can do for you. Treat this quit like your life depends on it. Protect your quit, be proud of it. You will have days that are rough. Don't worry about quitting forever, just quit for today. In the beginning, I couldn't even do that. I had to focus on quitting for the hour. And I took it hour by hour. Use whatever you have to use to stay quit. Post roll, use the site. The support and accountability here made all the difference with me. Proud to be quit with ya!
"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline bryank530

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Miles, you are making a decision that will save your life, How did things go today?

Gum, for some reason the peppermint, sunnies (of course) and pistachios for when the mouth is completely raw from the sunnies. Each craving is a few minutes so take it one at a time and fight through the first few days.
Day 1: 1/24/2011 | HOF: 5/3/2011

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Welcome Miles!

You can do this shit, because we're all doing it. I would reccomend that you and Tayrod exchange numbers if you need to txt or call during the day to talk about boobs or some shit until the crave passes. If not, PM me and I'll give you my number.

Post roll bright and early, and focus on making it through the day.

Offline Spurbow

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting and Grilling
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Quote from: jaygib
Quote from: Miles
Hello everyone,

My name is Miles and I have been dipping snuff for 20 years. I have quit and today is my day 1. I didn't sleep much last night because just thinking about quitting kept my nerves on edge. I'm spitting sunflower seeds like a wild man and chomping on gum! Everything is a trigger for me.

Give it hell quitters!
If you're like me a few weeks from now you'll be getting more sleep than you'd imagined possible--good restful sleep with dreams and everything. Amazing how I can go to sleep at 11 when there ain't the motivation of staying up til 2am just to waste another half a can.

Welcome to the quit
you may have "Miles" to go before you sleep but this is the best decision of your life. WELCOME!
"Silly rabbits, nicotine wasn't filling the void it was creating it." - Skoal Monster

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Miles and I have been dipping snuff for 20 years. I have quit and today is my day 1. I didn't sleep much last night because just thinking about quitting kept my nerves on edge. I'm spitting sunflower seeds like a wild man and chomping on gum! Everything is a trigger for me.

Give it hell quitters!
If you're like me a few weeks from now you'll be getting more sleep than you'd imagined possible--good restful sleep with dreams and everything. Amazing how I can go to sleep at 11 when there ain't the motivation of staying up til 2am just to waste another half a can.

Welcome to the quit
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline TAYROD21

• Quitter
  • Interests: Playin Football, fishing, playing video games, kayaking, camping, music, movies, and much more!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
Thanks Tayrod. I know I can beat this if I commit to it everyday! Good luck with your quit as well.
most important thing is to commit to today... worry about 2marrow 2marrow. quit one day at a time and all of us will be nic free! what a great world it would be! haha
SOMETIMES ITS A GOOD THING TO QUIT!

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
Thanks Tayrod. I know I can beat this if I commit to it everyday! Good luck with your quit as well.
I quit with with you all!

Offline TAYROD21

• Quitter
  • Interests: Playin Football, fishing, playing video games, kayaking, camping, music, movies, and much more!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

Give it hell quitters!
right there with ya miles chewing gum as i type, last night was pretty rough for me also but from what i have been reading the first couple days are the worst, then after that its all in the mind... stay strong along with all of us quitters! its a tough road but its possible!
SOMETIMES ITS A GOOD THING TO QUIT!

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
My Quit
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

Give it hell quitters!
I quit with with you all!