Author Topic: This is Day 1  (Read 3246 times)

Offline AngusGT

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This is Day 1
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of QSX. Just remember, no one can make you chew... that's your decision. And as long as you choose to not chew every time, you'll be on the road to recovery in no time.
9/21/06

"Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free"
~Jamie Jasta

My Quit Countera href='http://eapr-1/@3@12.29.2007@' target='_blank'/a

Offline MedStudent

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, flying, biking, backpacking, just being outdoors
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Remshot
Welcome...$9????? Damn!!! Where are you ?
WA state....originally from mn where the stuff is a lot cheaper....but it doesn't matter anymore, right.
Quit Day: 6/20/2011
1st Floor: 9/27/2011

YOU GET TO DECIDE WHETHER A "TRIGGER" BECOMES AN EXCUSE TO CAVE OR AN OPPORTUNITY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR QUIT, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT EXCUSES...

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
Welcome...$9????? Damn!!! Where are you ?

So, I've got this pain and..... :P

Welcome. Get involved. It's the only way to quit
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline MedStudent

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, flying, biking, backpacking, just being outdoors
This is Day 1
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I finished my can of Copenhagen today, went to check the mail, and saw that my herbal snuff had arrived. I figured, O.K., no point in going down to the gas station and spending another nine bucks on a tin--I quit today.

I've tried to quit in the past, many times, but have never made it beyond a month. The time I made it a month I was in Ireland, and the stuff is illegal to sell there. If it wasn't, I probably would have failed at quitting just as I have many times before.

Now, however, I'm at a new point in my life. I start medical school in about a week and a half. The question that has been on my mind for some time now is, "How am I going to be an advocate for the health of others if I can't pony up and be an advocate for my own health? I sure as hell can't call myself an advocate for my own health when I'm pinching dips into my lip whenever I can."

If I don't quit now, I'm going to be the guy in the library spitting into a pop can or someone's used paper coffee cup which I pulled out of the trash. Believe it or not, I used to walk around the library for up to a half an hour looking in trash cans for a spitter before I'd sit down to study. I can't believe I did that. I could go on with stories about stuff I did to have a dip, but if you are here, I assume you are familiar with the kind of crap we do in an effort to continue hurting ourselves.

I know the next few weeks are going to be rough for me, but I've dealt with worse. I expect to be back to this site many times over the next few months for support from all of you. In return, I will do the same for the rest of you deciding to beat our disease. Best of luck!
Quit Day: 6/20/2011
1st Floor: 9/27/2011

YOU GET TO DECIDE WHETHER A "TRIGGER" BECOMES AN EXCUSE TO CAVE OR AN OPPORTUNITY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR QUIT, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT EXCUSES...