Author Topic: It's easier the first time  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Xzacto

• Quitter
  • Interests: Father of 2 Sons
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's easier the first time
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: mule21
Quote from: Xzacto
Well here I go again on my own..going down the only road I've ever known ...like a drifter I was born to walk alone.....WAIT! That's a whitesnake song and I'm definitely not alone!! As a former chewer which I can say KTC gave me the strength to quit my 20 year habit last spring as I went nicotine free for a whole 42 days! And then I caved like a Chinese coal mine under pressure and picked up my old nemesis cigarettes. I can say that both my chewing habit and smoking habit ensued at the same time of my life but if I had to say which of the two has consumed more of my life it would be cigarettes hands down. So although I let myself and my may brothers down by caving it has taken some time for me to get back on the bull and ride it like it's my last rodeo. Because this time it is. No more "safe" American spirit smokes and no more sorrow as I look into the eyes of my sons and break yet another promise of "I'll quit tomorrow". Because I quit today. So bring on the headaches, cravings, irritability, insomnia and whatever else the addiction that is officially been kicked out of my life has to counter my commitment because I know from first hand experience that the 42 days I went nic free were the best 42 days of my life. I'm ready for the battle and I'm thankful for KTC and WTP. Day one has never felt so good. adios cigs, go meet your brother chew in the depths of hell! Today is my 7th day nicotine free and with the blessings of my KTC May brothers, I'd like to get back in where I can fit in on KTC and continue posting roll on Whackthepack.com.
Xzacto
nic is nic is nic......

you didn't cave to cigs or dip.....

you caved to your addiction of nicotine....delivery system is really irrevelant.

Post roll both places.....get control of your addiction and try to rebuild your the squandered quit.

Realize posting roll is a wager of your honor and integrity.....you've lost that bet once.....

do not lose it again.
Not a habit - an ADDICTION- you are an ADDICT. You had better embrace that if you want to make this your last quit. Cigarettes, Dip, the addiction part all works the same. Whack the Pack or KTC different websites, same principles. You need to attack the Addiction with every resource that you have. Got numbers -USE THEM, Alcohol - STAY AWAY FROM IT. Make sure there is nothing you wouldn't do to protect your quit. If and only if you do that I will support you.
Agree about the addict insights. The day you admit you are an addict is the day you can begin a real journey of quit. It does not make quit easy, it just means you call the shots. You have been here before. Be a leader now. Go and get it.
Thanks for the support! I appreciate the input and understanding.
I remember when it was cool as a kid to chew and smoke and then after 20 years I realized the only cool thing to do was to quit and livestrong! I would rather be broke and healthy than rich and sick!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Well here I go again on my own..going down the only road I've ever known ...like a drifter I was born to walk alone.....WAIT! That's a whitesnake song and I'm definitely not alone!! As a former chewer which I can say KTC gave me the strength to quit my 20 year habit last spring as I went nicotine free for a whole 42 days! And then I caved like a Chinese coal mine under pressure and picked up my old nemesis cigarettes. I can say that both my chewing habit and smoking habit ensued at the same time of my life but if I had to say which of the two has consumed more of my life it would be cigarettes hands down. So although I let myself and my may brothers down by caving it has taken some time for me to get back on the bull and ride it like it's my last rodeo. Because this time it is. No more "safe" American spirit smokes and no more sorrow as I look into the eyes of my sons and break yet another promise of "I'll quit tomorrow". Because I quit today. So bring on the headaches, cravings, irritability, insomnia and whatever else the addiction that is officially been kicked out of my life has to counter my commitment because I know from first hand experience that the 42 days I went nic free were the best 42 days of my life. I'm ready for the battle and I'm thankful for KTC and WTP. Day one has never felt so good. adios cigs, go meet your brother chew in the depths of hell! Today is my 7th day nicotine free and with the blessings of my KTC May brothers, I'd like to get back in where I can fit in on KTC and continue posting roll on Whackthepack.com.
Xzacto
nic is nic is nic......

you caved to your addiction of nicotine....delivery system is really irrevelant.

Post roll both places.....get control of your addiction and try to rebuild your the squandered quit.

Realize posting roll is a wager of your honor and integrity.....you've lost that bet once.....

do not lose it again.
Not a habit - an ADDICTION- you are an ADDICT. You had better embrace that if you want to make this your last quit. Cigarettes, Dip, the addiction part all works the same. Whack the Pack or KTC different websites, same principles. You need to attack the Addiction with every resource that you have. Got numbers -USE THEM, Alcohol - STAY AWAY FROM IT. Make sure there is nothing you wouldn't do to protect your quit. If and only if you do that I will support you.
Agree about the addict insights. The day you admit you are an addict is the day you can begin a real journey of quit. It does not make quit easy, it just means you call the shots. You have been here before. Be a leader now. Go and get it.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
Xzacto
nic is nic is nic......

do not lose it again.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Xzacto
nic is nic is nic......

do not lose it again.

Offline Xzacto

• Quitter
  • Interests: Father of 2 Sons
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
Xzacto
I remember when it was cool as a kid to chew and smoke and then after 20 years I realized the only cool thing to do was to quit and livestrong! I would rather be broke and healthy than rich and sick!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
Here is another one for you...

Nicotine Junkie

Are you a nicotine junkie? The one attribute that shows the addictive nature of nicotine is not how hard or how easy it is to quit. The frightening true property that shows the power of this addiction is that no matter how long a person is off nicotine, one puff or one dip and the once dormant reward pathways are again awake and the addict reborn. Sadly for many this “one” throws them back into the bonds of slavery and keeps them there again for years, sometimes for life. The average addict musters the confidence to challenge their addiction about once every three years, at which time roughly 1 in 20 will succeed in breaking free for an entire year.

Don't ever try to prove to yourself that you were not addicted. You were addicted to nicotine all of the years you used it and you are addicted to it today too. The difference is as an ex-nicotine user the addiction becomes asymptomatic. The pain of quitting fades, the reward “ahs” diminish, and the body and mind move on. To keep it that way and to always stay in control of your quit, remember to NEVER re-introduce nicotine into your body in any shape or form.

There is no “one” !!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
You are not the first addict to fall into the " I can have one trap." Below are some posts from another site from quitters who went for "one". Notice how long it took some of them to quit agan. Never take your quit for granted... you may not get another chance.

You CANNOT have just one... EVER.

Understand what the thoughts are, they are the bitch trying to get you back.

Administration of a drug to an addict will cause
re-establishment of chemical dependence
upon the addictive substance."

"After a year or so I was so confident that the battle was over that I left my support system behind...it was only a matter of months before I figured I could get away with "just one". (What a horrible joke that thought is!) Of course my addicition was renewed at full strength, nearly immediately."

"Sometime after that I remember thinking I had overcome my addiction and that I could have ' just a puff' and no harm would come of it. I kept smoking for 7 years after that. I was crushed that I failed but I know now that ' one smoke' is the road to defeat."

"So why did I throw away a 6 month + quit, and with it - my life and all the education and support I was freely given here at Freedom? - well for the sake of one puff! For the illusion of controlled smoking - for the belief that one won't hurt - for the relief of well I can always try again later......."

"I never took a puff for 13 years.
I remember that day in 1999 like it was yesterday. I was in Toronto on business having a drink with a good friend at a hotel bar. My friend smokes and after a couple of adult beverages I did something very stupid. I grabbed one of my friends cigarettes and lit it up. Two days later I was back home in Chicago hooked again after 13 years."

"Tried twice to quit, made it both times to 21/2 months then got the fatal idea that i could smoke just one, well that ist puff hooked for the next 10 years."

"Wow....does this thread ever hit home for me. It was a night back in October of 1997 when I was out drinking after a viewing for a firefighter who died in the line of duty. It was a very emotional evening and I had not injested any nicotine for 30 months. Even though I debated with myself for over an hour about having a cigarette, I finally bummed one to satisfy my mental urge. The next day I was up to my old habit of 2 packs a day. I wasn't aware of this site back then. I am here now every day. I read the threads and thank God I'm still nicotine free. I have a new way of looking at my addiction now. I know that relapse is a choice. Larry 1 Month 3 Weeks 6 Days. Cigarettes not smoked: 2623. Money saved: $489.34. "

Offline mattatk81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-18
  • Interests: MMA, Boxing, fishing, hunting, camping, and anything that hauls ass.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Hate that you caved but glad you wrote this. I'm workin on day 5 and so far its the worst morning yet. The guys at work smokin in the shop and the warehouse... followin me around to screw with me... makin it hard not to cave. But I read this and it helped to get my anger back. Stayin angry is what keeps me kickin the nic bitch in the twig and berries.
Thanks for the help. Get back to roll call. If I can do this so can you.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Xacto,

Why do you think it was that you wanted to have a "fine" cigar once in a while?

What are those made of again.... oh yeah, the same shit as the shit you shove in your lip. Wonder why you craved one so much?

This is seriously like an alcoholic justifying having a glass of fine wine or campaign. It must be different because it is the best of the best right? No, its the same alcohol as 5 o'clock vodka or natty ice hidden in a different taste.

Just like you have heard before, you are romaticizing the tobacco. Stop licking the nic bitches cunt for her and treat her like the dirty whore she really is.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Xzacto - I see the words, put I dont see you posting Day 1 in August. WTF is up with that? Why bother? Dont come in here posting this type of shit to clear your conscious.

Are you quit or not? August is waiting....
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Quitting is serious business here (YOU PUT YOUR NAME DOWN...YOUR WORD) and you just took a giant deuce on my front porch with this post.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
EXACTOE!!: This is my 5th quit, and I have never experiencewd anything as trying on your patience and nerves as kicking the NIC BITCHES ASS!!! BUt this site has helped me tremendously, the ONLY site to do so!!! Hang in there! 'Remshot' Nico

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 04:23:00 AM »
xzacto,

You've seen first hand what "just one" does to an addict. There is no harmless level of use. The choice is in yours. Continue in daily shame and failure, or pick yourself up, dump it down the drain, make the decision to be quit. Close the door on nicotine, no more, not for any reason. The day you do that I and a multitude of others will be here to support you. I know you at least have my and j2b's number. You know we are serious about supporting you. The ball is in your court.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:00 AM »
LMFAO
Fuck you
KILL THE CAN WORKS!
Fuck you

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »
Hey Capt,
I tried but didn't have the privileges to do so. Thanks for the love.
I am glad you wised up. Have you decided to stop killing yourself? Have you realized that the whole bs of "I want to be able to have a cigar every once in a while" line you gave me is just that - bullshit?

I know the storyh of why you caved, but would like to see it in may (no, I never posted your pm. Not my style) and a plan on what byour gonna do now. What are you gonna do today?

Cause that's all you gotta worry about.

If you are serious about this being the quit, hit me up in pm or text. You have my number. I will support you same as before. Just make damn sure you are serious this time. Serious as life and death. Cause that's what this is. A daily battle against our addiction. A daily 'Finger' to the nic bitch, and a daily promise to our brothers that we will not kill ourselves today.

Once you know what jumping off the bridge does, its not that hard to step back from the ledge. I am sorry you missed the bus in may, but its time to put on your big boy panties and make the nic bitch bite the curb with august.

While posting roll with august, I am gonna ask you to post in may as well. Every day. You up to it?
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11