Author Topic: It's easier the first time  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Ricko

• Quitter
  • Interests: Start projects that I do not finish... Bonfires in the back yard.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's easier the first time
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
Your title of your intro caught my Eye :The First Quit is the Easiet" Obviously we have all tried before but there could be someone who this is their first and last go of it.

No matter how many times you got to say this is my last quit.

Offline Xzacto

• Quitter
  • Interests: Father of 2 Sons
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
I won't allow lifes obstacles to convince me that the answer is nicotine
Nicotine doesn't fill the void............ it created it
EXACTLY!
I remember when it was cool as a kid to chew and smoke and then after 20 years I realized the only cool thing to do was to quit and livestrong! I would rather be broke and healthy than rich and sick!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:00 PM »
I won't allow lifes obstacles to convince me that the answer is nicotine
Nicotine doesn't fill the void............ it created it
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Xzacto
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: magnum9
I am in no way saying that you can't heal yourself but you will have learn to hate all tobacco, and by hate I mean hate it all with a passion. After all look how much of a slave it has made you.
That sounds like a solid approach to building some resolve to getting this done this time...a little backbone against the NB.
That sounds like a solid approach to building some resolve to getting this done this time...a little backbone against the NB.
Amen
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline Xzacto

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
I am in no way saying that you can't heal yourself but you will have learn to hate all tobacco, and by hate I mean hate it all with a passion. After all look how much of a slave it has made you.
I remember when it was cool as a kid to chew and smoke and then after 20 years I realized the only cool thing to do was to quit and livestrong! I would rather be broke and healthy than rich and sick!

Offline Xzacto

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
Yes, I did romanticize about that fucking cigar and it was the bitch in disguise. Magnum your right, I hate all tobacco in all forms I am a addict. I let down some men and women that I look up to TCope, SamCat, Jost2Brown, Parputt, 30YrAddict, Hootie to name a few. I don't discount my 40 days because I never claimed to be the smartest guy but I am intuitive enough to know that I don't ever want another day 1 of a quit. Good Shit Jmia, I too am proud of your efforts in quit and I know that everyone of you does give a shit or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. Letting myself down was hard, letting my sons down was harder, jeopardizing my integrity and my word was the hardest to overcome and coming clean with all of you wan't easy but it's the tough love that makes me know Xzacto isn't alone and for that I am ever grateful.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Xacto,

You took your lashings and got back on the horse but there is something that bothers me through this whole thing.

You mentioned a while back that you still wanted to be able to have a "fine cigar" when you wanted to. The point is that you have romanticized the nic bitch in the past. There is no such thing as a "Fine cigar" to an addict. Every cigar is the same cancer carrier as a cigarette or can of dip.

Now get back to quitting...

and by the way, now that you made the promise to quit it is a requirement to post every day in May2011. It should be the second thing you do every day, after posting in your current quit group.

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
Quote from: jost2brown
For those who don't know, My name is Xzacto. I'm a full fledged nic addict. I caved my first quit after 42 days. Now I'm 7 days into my quit and I've come clean with October and I hope my May brothers will allow me to post roll with them. I'm also posting roll on whack-the-pack. I've taken my lumps and I'm open to any more that feel it necessary to speak their mind. Like I said, it's easier the first time to just stay quit.
I for one have said what I needed to, I thin you know that you would be on day 177 today instead of day 7, and that alone is more than I could put into words.

I also look forward to seeing you on roll with us in may.

Again, welcome to the suck round 2, don't fuck up again. Use the tools!
That sounds good and all and I don't disagree with the logic, however it is better that you are back to fight again as opposed to still in the depths of the addiction. I used for 7 years, quit for 3.5 years and have been back at it for about 4 now. I'm on day 4 of this new endeavor but nobody can take away those 40 something days you had before. Those were 40 days without nicotine and you should be proud of them. Did you fuck up? Sure. That's life, now what? I had almost 4 years with no nicotine - did I fuck up - sure did, but you know what 7+4 is still less than 15 years of straight dipping. Those 3.5 may have saved my life and now I have the chance to take that back again. I'm proud you're back and I don't even know you. If this offends any sensibilities, sorry but I like to speak the truth. Too many people get caught up with numbers and days ect because it's a good way to motivate people. But that means sometimes people are embarrased to come back to support groups because of what they "lost." You didn't lose shit. You are here now and moving forward. Fuck anyone who thinks differently.
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
Fellas,
The only thing I can say is that I understand that I'm a full fledged addict and that I can never use any form of nicotine no matter how dire the crave. This is my illness of which I know is both treatable and controllable one day at a time. As far as different this time, I've been riding my road bike (bicycle) about 60 miles a week, running and working out and eating right. When the bitch comes knocking the only thing I can do is not answer the door. I won't allow lifes obstacles to convince me that the answer is nicotine. When in fact the answer to the obstacles in my life is no nicotine.
Knowing that I started off with you guys and now I'm starting over sucks but I'm ok with it knowing that this is it for me. Time to Livestrong until the good Lord calls my number.
Sounds good, let's do this!
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Xzacto

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »
Fellas,
The only thing I can say is that I understand that I'm a full fledged addict and that I can never use any form of nicotine no matter how dire the crave. This is my illness of which I know is both treatable and controllable one day at a time. As far as different this time, I've been riding my road bike (bicycle) about 60 miles a week, running and working out and eating right. When the bitch comes knocking the only thing I can do is not answer the door. I won't allow lifes obstacles to convince me that the answer is nicotine. When in fact the answer to the obstacles in my life is no nicotine.
Knowing that I started off with you guys and now I'm starting over sucks but I'm ok with it knowing that this is it for me. Time to Livestrong until the good Lord calls my number.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »
For those who don't know, My name is Xzacto. I'm a full fledged nic addict. I caved my first quit after 42 days. Now I'm 7 days into my quit and I've come clean with October and I hope my May brothers will allow me to post roll with them. I'm also posting roll on whack-the-pack. I've taken my lumps and I'm open to any more that feel it necessary to speak their mind. Like I said, it's easier the first time to just stay quit.
What are you going to do differently this time? What is your plan? What are you going to do when Nic comes knocking this time?
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
You were the first to share your number with me, and I want you to know, I was deeply saddened when you caved. I have spoken my peace as well, but I am just going to emphasize one more time that this is full on addiction. Addiction in the same sense that heroin is an addiction. Embrace the fact that you are an addict, that there will never be a "just one", That any "just one" will lead back in to full fledged addiction/use. You have my support and blessing to post in May, provided you promise to use all of the resources available to you to fight this addiction to nicotine.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »
I for one have said what I needed to, I thin you know that you would be on day 177 today instead of day 7, and that alone is more than I could put into words.

I also look forward to seeing you on roll with us in may.

Again, welcome to the suck round 2, don't fuck up again. Use the tools!
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Xzacto

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »