Author Topic: Not quite there yet  (Read 4204 times)

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Not quite there yet
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Gonehuntn79
Quote from: srans
Day 5 is here. I feel great. I know this will piss you of worktowin, but so far my quit has been easy.  However, I'm not a complete idiot and do realize their will be certain situations that will trigger a crave. Such as working in the yard, fixing things, riding dirtbikes with my kids, manning the BBQ pit, having a few beers on a hot date with my sexy wife, etc...  I haven't been faced with any of those things since my quit because I've been at work out in the oilfield. But I have full confidence that my quit will be the same quit whether I'm at work or home. Post roll and QLF ODAAT EDD. Speaking of home, I'm scheduled for 7 days off beginning this coming Monday. Bout damn time. I think a mini vacation, without the distraction of an addiction, is in the works.

Hey worktowin, I really appreciate you brother. Your quit, among others, encourages my quit!  Thanks man.
Gonehutn,, your quit seems to be going well. Actually my first week or so was surprising for me. Felt really good to be taking my life back. I was excited,, had a great adventure i was beginning.

Then week two. That's all I'll say at this point because i got no more good things to say until much later in my quit. Maybe you are the exception.. Just prepare yourself. You need anything let us know.

Ps. I'm trying not to be an a hole like worktowin.
Thanks brother. I appreciate the heads up and will definitely hit ya up if I need to.

P.S. Being an asshole to me is perfectly fine as long as you're being yourself. I despise fake assholes. 'arse' 'finger point'
Worktowin is an asshole? Are we talking about the same guy here? I thought he was a teddy bear..... seriously! He is a good guy to have in your corner. You will do well with him as a mentor. Unless there is another asshole using my friends name here.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Day 5 is here. I feel great. I know this will piss you of worktowin, but so far my quit has been easy.  However, I'm not a complete idiot and do realize their will be certain situations that will trigger a crave. Such as working in the yard, fixing things, riding dirtbikes with my kids, manning the BBQ pit, having a few beers on a hot date with my sexy wife, etc...  I haven't been faced with any of those things since my quit because I've been at work out in the oilfield. But I have full confidence that my quit will be the same quit whether I'm at work or home. Post roll and QLF ODAAT EDD. Speaking of home, I'm scheduled for 7 days off beginning this coming Monday. Bout damn time. I think a mini vacation, without the distraction of an addiction, is in the works.

Hey worktowin, I really appreciate you brother. Your quit, among others, encourages my quit!  Thanks man.
Gonehutn,, your quit seems to be going well. Actually my first week or so was surprising for me. Felt really good to be taking my life back. I was excited,, had a great adventure i was beginning.

Then week two. That's all I'll say at this point because i got no more good things to say until much later in my quit. Maybe you are the exception.. Just prepare yourself. You need anything let us know.

Thanks brother. I appreciate the heads up and will definitely hit ya up if I need to.

P.S. Being an asshole to me is perfectly fine as long as you're being yourself. I despise fake assholes. 'arse' 'finger point'
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin

I'm full of rage most of the time gonehuntin. Assholes are like that! Full of rage!!

Nah - not really angry. As long as I keep seeing those daycounts go up one day at a time, I don't really care if you are curled up in the fetal position or dancing in ballet shoes and a tutu. But, if you are dancing in ballet shoes with that skirt on I would appreciate a picture. Cause I bet I could sell it in south Texas to some oilmen for a shitload of money!!! And it would be a great avatar for you.

Dude, proud to be on your team today.
Haha. Love it man. Great post.

By the way. You go ahead and sell the pic and I'll make it happen. We split proceeds down the middle and call it a day. Lol.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
Day 5 is here. I feel great. I know this will piss you of worktowin, but so far my quit has been easy. However, I'm not a complete idiot and do realize their will be certain situations that will trigger a crave. Such as working in the yard, fixing things, riding dirtbikes with my kids, manning the BBQ pit, having a few beers on a hot date with my sexy wife, etc... I haven't been faced with any of those things since my quit because I've been at work out in the oilfield. But I have full confidence that my quit will be the same quit whether I'm at work or home. Post roll and QLF ODAAT EDD. Speaking of home, I'm scheduled for 7 days off beginning this coming Monday. Bout damn time. I think a mini vacation, without the distraction of an addiction, is in the works.

Hey worktowin, I really appreciate you brother. Your quit, among others, encourages my quit! Thanks man.
I'm full of rage most of the time gonehuntin. Assholes are like that! Full of rage!!

Nah - not really angry. As long as I keep seeing those daycounts go up one day at a time, I don't really care if you are curled up in the fetal position or dancing in ballet shoes and a tutu. But, if you are dancing in ballet shoes with that skirt on I would appreciate a picture. Cause I bet I could sell it in south Texas to some oilmen for a shitload of money!!! And it would be a great avatar for you.

Dude, proud to be on your team today.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
Day 5 is here. I feel great. I know this will piss you of worktowin, but so far my quit has been easy. However, I'm not a complete idiot and do realize their will be certain situations that will trigger a crave. Such as working in the yard, fixing things, riding dirtbikes with my kids, manning the BBQ pit, having a few beers on a hot date with my sexy wife, etc... I haven't been faced with any of those things since my quit because I've been at work out in the oilfield. But I have full confidence that my quit will be the same quit whether I'm at work or home. Post roll and QLF ODAAT EDD. Speaking of home, I'm scheduled for 7 days off beginning this coming Monday. Bout damn time. I think a mini vacation, without the distraction of an addiction, is in the works.

Hey worktowin, I really appreciate you brother. Your quit, among others, encourages my quit! Thanks man.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Feeling good. Kinda slow at work. No big deal though. Just chillin in my truck listening to some good tunes and reading various things on KTC. Eating some lifesavers and chewing the occasional piece of gum. Excited about seeing my wife and boys tomorrow. Gonna meet them at a park about an hour from where I'm working. They still don't know I QLF. Haven't been home since I quit. Not gonna mention it either. Let's see how long it takes for them to notice I don't have a big fat lip. Did I mention worktowin is an asshole?  Lol. Just kidding buddy.
Love this post. And look forward to hearing what the family says. The pride is gonna be something that will push you through some tough times. That pride, you don't wanna lose that ever. According to my official asshole clock - day 4!
Spent a few hours with the family this afternoon and then had to rush back to the field. They never picked up on me not having a fat lip and not spitting everywhere. And I'm perfectly fine with that. It's not about them anyway. My plan is to not say anything about it until they ask. Then I will come clean and let them in on MY Quit.
That sounds like an excellent plan. Your quit has to be all about YOU. I had many failed attempts in the past where I would quit for my wife, or my step daughter and yada yada yada. You know the drill. But this is the first time I have quit for myself. I'm 57 days deep bro. It's working. It sounds like its working for you too. Keep quittin like BOSS.
I know exactly what you're saying brother. I have stopped quite a few times for my family. But this quit is about me. Which in return, is for my family. Glad to hear you are still quit. Let's stay quit together man. Holler if ya need anything.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Feeling good. Kinda slow at work. No big deal though. Just chillin in my truck listening to some good tunes and reading various things on KTC. Eating some lifesavers and chewing the occasional piece of gum. Excited about seeing my wife and boys tomorrow. Gonna meet them at a park about an hour from where I'm working. They still don't know I QLF. Haven't been home since I quit. Not gonna mention it either. Let's see how long it takes for them to notice I don't have a big fat lip. Did I mention worktowin is an asshole?  Lol. Just kidding buddy.
Seriously, you want a pat on the back from your family after another stoppage??
After 2 days, you think that you deserve something? 'Crazy'
Dude, you're an addict of nicotine...FOR LIFE. 'bang head'
This isn't your first stoppage. But you can make it your LAST QUIT!!!! shocker

MOMORIZE THIS

AND THIS

WANNA BE LIKE THIS DUDE??

Beg your wife to support the lying addict that you are and back it up with real quit, ODAAT and NAFAR!!!

Cheers!
'crackup' haha. You're funny. 'Finger' and kiss my 'arse'

First of all, I dont recall asking for a pat on the back from anyone. Maybe you are mistaking my confident QLF attitude with someone begging for attention. Also, it has been 4 days best I can remember so 'Finger' again.

Second, you're right. This is not my first stoppage. That's because this is not a stoppage. It's my QLF. And it aint my first quit or my last quit. It's my only quit.

Lastly, in regards to the links you posted:

Link #1-- I am a quitter 100%. When I first stumbled upon this site and started to post, it was quickly brought to my attention that I have a "stoppers" attitude and not a "quitters attitude". No argument from me. I agreed with it.

Link #2 -- Cool article. Good stuff right there.

Link #3 -- No. I do not wanna be like that guy.

No comment on the last part of your post.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Love this post. And look forward to hearing what the family says. The pride is gonna be something that will push you through some tough times. That pride, you don't wanna lose that ever. According to my official asshole clock - day 4!
Spent a few hours with the family this afternoon and then had to rush back to the field. They never picked up on me not having a fat lip and not spitting everywhere. And I'm perfectly fine with that. It's not about them anyway. My plan is to not say anything about it until they ask. Then I will come clean and let them in on MY Quit.
That sounds like an excellent plan. Your quit has to be all about YOU. I had many failed attempts in the past where I would quit for my wife, or my step daughter and yada yada yada. You know the drill. But this is the first time I have quit for myself. I'm 57 days deep bro. It's working. It sounds like its working for you too. Keep quittin like BOSS.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Feeling good. Kinda slow at work. No big deal though. Just chillin in my truck listening to some good tunes and reading various things on KTC. Eating some lifesavers and chewing the occasional piece of gum. Excited about seeing my wife and boys tomorrow. Gonna meet them at a park about an hour from where I'm working. They still don't know I QLF. Haven't been home since I quit. Not gonna mention it either. Let's see how long it takes for them to notice I don't have a big fat lip. Did I mention worktowin is an asshole? Lol. Just kidding buddy.
Seriously, you want a pat on the back from your family after another stoppage??
After 2 days, you think that you deserve something? 'Crazy'
Dude, you're an addict of nicotine...FOR LIFE. 'bang head'
This isn't your first stoppage. But you can make it your LAST QUIT!!!! shocker

MOMORIZE THIS

AND THIS

WANNA BE LIKE THIS DUDE??

Beg your wife to support the lying addict that you are and back it up with real quit, ODAAT and NAFAR!!!

Cheers!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
Feeling good. Kinda slow at work. No big deal though. Just chillin in my truck listening to some good tunes and reading various things on KTC. Eating some lifesavers and chewing the occasional piece of gum. Excited about seeing my wife and boys tomorrow. Gonna meet them at a park about an hour from where I'm working. They still don't know I QLF. Haven't been home since I quit. Not gonna mention it either. Let's see how long it takes for them to notice I don't have a big fat lip. Did I mention worktowin is an asshole? Lol. Just kidding buddy.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Day 2!  Keep fighting today. Glad to see you on the roll call. If you need anything - the Calvary is here. Glad you decided to throw those 15 cans out yesterday and join us!
Thankful for all of the support and glad to be here. Kinda busy at work tonight so that helps.
Well gonehutn, how's that quit going? Lot of us interested to hear what your doing about them craves?? You holding strong? Myself, worktowin, kcguy, scowick, mat f, razd, and 1000's of other quiters are all here for you brother. All you got to do is pick up that phone, finger pick that keyboard and get on chat, read and read everything on the sight. All these tools are here for you man,, use them. They will help you!! Quitting with you....
Well. To be honest with you, so far I'm not craving a dip. At all. None. Not sure exactly why after 20 years of dipping and the last few years using 2 cans/day. Maybe it's because I'm in my zone???? Maybe it's because I really wanted this???? Maybe it's all the support from my brothers here at KTC??? Maybe it's all these things and more??? Or maybe, just maybe I QLF?? Whatever the case, I'm holding up very well and intend to stay that way until the day I quit breathing. As a matter of fact, I've already hit the 100 day HOF mark. Just waiting on 97 more days to make it official in KTC books. Anyways, that's a glimpse into where my mind is at this stage. I got this. I QLF.
This website is so awesome. One of my mistakes is that I didn't update my intro section very much. One of my mentors/co quitters, itsgottohappen, kept his very updated. It is great to look back at where he was and where he is now. Cause it keeps you grounded and moving ahead.

There could be a lot of reasons you aren't feeling the craves. You mentioned being super busy. You might be on an artificial quit induced endorphine high. Who knows? What I do know is... It ain't gonna last bud. You are gonna have struggles and you are gonna have to fight. And you know what, I hope it is hard as hell for you. I hope it is like digging a fucking oil well with a sugar spoon. By yourself.

Yep, no more nice guy from worktowin today. Cause if it easy, you won't value this accomplishment as much. But it won't be easy...

Nice job on 3 days. You are a bad ass quitter, and we've got your back. Beware, the storm clouds are building...
Blah blah blah. Asshole. I'll never have to drill and oil well with a sugar spoon by myself. I have you guys to help me. :D. And yeah I know I'm a badass quitter because I have some badass supporters.

Still no "cravings". Although I have had a few times where I instinctively reached for a can after having a meal. No biggie though. Shrugged it off and went about my business. I own this shit....
I'm not much of an oilman. But I'll follow your direction any day my man. I'm proud to be on your team. You can call me an asshole all day long. Day 3 is in the books!

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
Day 2!  Keep fighting today. Glad to see you on the roll call. If you need anything - the Calvary is here. Glad you decided to throw those 15 cans out yesterday and join us!
Thankful for all of the support and glad to be here. Kinda busy at work tonight so that helps.
Well gonehutn, how's that quit going? Lot of us interested to hear what your doing about them craves?? You holding strong? Myself, worktowin, kcguy, scowick, mat f, razd, and 1000's of other quiters are all here for you brother. All you got to do is pick up that phone, finger pick that keyboard and get on chat, read and read everything on the sight. All these tools are here for you man,, use them. They will help you!! Quitting with you....
Well. To be honest with you, so far I'm not craving a dip. At all. None. Not sure exactly why after 20 years of dipping and the last few years using 2 cans/day. Maybe it's because I'm in my zone???? Maybe it's because I really wanted this???? Maybe it's all the support from my brothers here at KTC??? Maybe it's all these things and more??? Or maybe, just maybe I QLF?? Whatever the case, I'm holding up very well and intend to stay that way until the day I quit breathing. As a matter of fact, I've already hit the 100 day HOF mark. Just waiting on 97 more days to make it official in KTC books. Anyways, that's a glimpse into where my mind is at this stage. I got this. I QLF.
This website is so awesome. One of my mistakes is that I didn't update my intro section very much. One of my mentors/co quitters, itsgottohappen, kept his very updated. It is great to look back at where he was and where he is now. Cause it keeps you grounded and moving ahead.

There could be a lot of reasons you aren't feeling the craves. You mentioned being super busy. You might be on an artificial quit induced endorphine high. Who knows? What I do know is... It ain't gonna last bud. You are gonna have struggles and you are gonna have to fight. And you know what, I hope it is hard as hell for you. I hope it is like digging a fucking oil well with a sugar spoon. By yourself.

Yep, no more nice guy from worktowin today. Cause if it easy, you won't value this accomplishment as much. But it won't be easy...

Nice job on 3 days. You are a bad ass quitter, and we've got your back. Beware, the storm clouds are building...
Blah blah blah. Asshole. I'll never have to drill and oil well with a sugar spoon by myself. I have you guys to help me. :D. And yeah I know I'm a badass quitter because I have some badass supporters.

Still no "cravings". Although I have had a few times where I instinctively reached for a can after having a meal. No biggie though. Shrugged it off and went about my business. I own this shit....