Author Topic: Not quite there yet  (Read 4206 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Not quite there yet
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Gonehuntn79
Quote from: srans
Quote from: worktowin
Day 2!  Keep fighting today. Glad to see you on the roll call. If you need anything - the Calvary is here. Glad you decided to throw those 15 cans out yesterday and join us!
Thankful for all of the support and glad to be here. Kinda busy at work tonight so that helps.
Well gonehutn, how's that quit going? Lot of us interested to hear what your doing about them craves?? You holding strong? Myself, worktowin, kcguy, scowick, mat f, razd, and 1000's of other quiters are all here for you brother. All you got to do is pick up that phone, finger pick that keyboard and get on chat, read and read everything on the sight. All these tools are here for you man,, use them. They will help you!! Quitting with you....
Well. To be honest with you, so far I'm not craving a dip. At all. None. Not sure exactly why after 20 years of dipping and the last few years using 2 cans/day. Maybe it's because I'm in my zone???? Maybe it's because I really wanted this???? Maybe it's all the support from my brothers here at KTC??? Maybe it's all these things and more??? Or maybe, just maybe I QLF?? Whatever the case, I'm holding up very well and intend to stay that way until the day I quit breathing. As a matter of fact, I've already hit the 100 day HOF mark. Just waiting on 97 more days to make it official in KTC books. Anyways, that's a glimpse into where my mind is at this stage. I got this. I QLF.
This website is so awesome. One of my mistakes is that I didn't update my intro section very much. One of my mentors/co quitters, itsgottohappen, kept his very updated. It is great to look back at where he was and where he is now. Cause it keeps you grounded and moving ahead.

There could be a lot of reasons you aren't feeling the craves. You mentioned being super busy. You might be on an artificial quit induced endorphine high. Who knows? What I do know is... It ain't gonna last bud. You are gonna have struggles and you are gonna have to fight. And you know what, I hope it is hard as hell for you. I hope it is like digging a fucking oil well with a sugar spoon. By yourself.

Yep, no more nice guy from worktowin today. Cause if it easy, you won't value this accomplishment as much. But it won't be easy...

Nice job on 3 days. You are a bad ass quitter, and we've got your back. Beware, the storm clouds are building...

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Day 2!  Keep fighting today. Glad to see you on the roll call. If you need anything - the Calvary is here. Glad you decided to throw those 15 cans out yesterday and join us!
Thankful for all of the support and glad to be here. Kinda busy at work tonight so that helps.
Well gonehutn, how's that quit going? Lot of us interested to hear what your doing about them craves?? You holding strong? Myself, worktowin, kcguy, scowick, mat f, razd, and 1000's of other quiters are all here for you brother. All you got to do is pick up that phone, finger pick that keyboard and get on chat, read and read everything on the sight. All these tools are here for you man,, use them. They will help you!! Quitting with you....
Well. To be honest with you, so far I'm not craving a dip. At all. None. Not sure exactly why after 20 years of dipping and the last few years using 2 cans/day. Maybe it's because I'm in my zone???? Maybe it's because I really wanted this???? Maybe it's all the support from my brothers here at KTC??? Maybe it's all these things and more??? Or maybe, just maybe I QLF?? Whatever the case, I'm holding up very well and intend to stay that way until the day I quit breathing. As a matter of fact, I've already hit the 100 day HOF mark. Just waiting on 97 more days to make it official in KTC books. Anyways, that's a glimpse into where my mind is at this stage. I got this. I QLF.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
Day 2! Keep fighting today. Glad to see you on the roll call. If you need anything - the Calvary is here. Glad you decided to throw those 15 cans out yesterday and join us!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 06:35:00 PM »
Day 2! Keep fighting today. Glad to see you on the roll call. If you need anything - the Calvary is here. Glad you decided to throw those 15 cans out yesterday and join us!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Quote from: razd611
Thanks for the support so far guys. I work night shift so my day really is just getting starting. Been at it for a few hours now and so far everything is all good. I have A LOT of free time at work so I will read/post on here for encouragement.  I own this shit....
Atta Boy!!! You can do this!!!
Well how did day 1 go??? Expect the same for day 2, 3. After that things will start getting a little better. Your in for a rough ride, but it's so worth it brother. Get you some fake, seeds whatever you might need to keep anything with nicotine out of your pie hole.

Spread your accountability and exchange numbers with anyone that reaches out to you. Your group is full of some great quitters just like you. They will be there for you, and you them.

My number is in your inbox,, use it if you need it. One day at a time and you get your life back. Keep your head pointed forward and know that this is so worth it. Besides the difference you will feel, you'll save a crapload of money. You spend a small fortune. Glad to be quit with you man. Need anything pm me.
Great, great job!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
Quote from: razd611
Thanks for the support so far guys. I work night shift so my day really is just getting starting. Been at it for a few hours now and so far everything is all good. I have A LOT of free time at work so I will read/post on here for encouragement.  I own this shit....
Well how did day 1 go??? Expect the same for day 2, 3. After that things will start getting a little better. Your in for a rough ride, but it's so worth it brother. Get you some fake, seeds whatever you might need to keep anything with nicotine out of your pie hole.

Spread your accountability and exchange numbers with anyone that reaches out to you. Your group is full of some great quitters just like you. They will be there for you, and you them.

My number is in your inbox,, use it if you need it. One day at a time and you get your life back. Keep your head pointed forward and know that this is so worth it. Besides the difference you will feel, you'll save a crapload of money. You spend a small fortune. Glad to be quit with you man. Need anything pm me.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Thanks for the support so far guys. I work night shift so my day really is just getting starting. Been at it for a few hours now and so far everything is all good. I have A LOT of free time at work so I will read/post on here for encouragement. I own this shit....
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
Thanks for the support so far guys. I work night shift so my day really is just getting starting. Been at it for a few hours now and so far everything is all good. I have A LOT of free time at work so I will read/post on here for encouragement. I own this shit....

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
One thing I feel I need to stress because it can sometimes be a matter of your sanity during the first part of your quit...

One day at a time. Do not worry about "how the hell am I gonna make it a week/month/year!?"
Don't go there bro! You quit for today, got it? You can make it through this day right? You gave your word, like a man, that you'll be nic free for TODAY! Tomorrow... Ain't here yet. Can't do anything about it. Yesterday?... Done. Can't do anything about it either. Today. Sometimes minute by minute but... Today. Can you be a man of your word for one day? I think you damn well can! Know what?... I'll quit with you today too bro. Right beside you...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: Matt
Hello everyone. Yep. Gonna give it my best shot again. I'm soon to be 34 yrs old and started dipping when I was 14. "Quit" several times throughout the years. A week here. A month there. And one time for about 3.5 yrs. I have three boys (13,8,3mths) and the oldest two, along with my wife, have been begging me to quit forever. Anyways, I'm at work sitting in my truck surrounded by 15+ cans of Copenhagen. I'm using about 2-2.5 cans/day. I know. Ridicoulous right?  I have all intentions of quitting ASAP. Believe it or not, I'm actually tired of dipping. I really only enjoy it now after I eat and after.....wellllll you know!  Do I intend to polish off these 15+ cans of bad habit?  I don't know yet.  But I do intend to "Quit". Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, and I'm pulling for you too.
Those 15 cans of addiction are 15 too many! Never a better day to quit than today. Don't keep them as an investment, security blanket, or rescue. All you need is your word posted in the October quit group roll and you have it in you to quit, get through the physical withdrawal and then fight the bitch every day. I'll look for your roll post TODAY!

By the way the first step is to throw all that away in the nastiest, wet and smelly dumpster in the worse dangerous neighborhood you can find. Don't want to find yourself diving in later to retrieve those death cans. Get going!
Not sure I can do it cold turkey this time. So I'm thinking about going the "fake dip" route to help me out. At this point, a lot of my problem is I'm so used to always having a pinch in. I think the "fake dip" will help me with that. What are your thoughts on that? Or, are you dead set on chunking the cans and getting down to business?
15 cans? 2 cans a day? Man, that is about 4k a year! What a shame...

My suggestion? This isn't time to try. This can't be another one of "those tries." I think you need to dig deep. Think about what made you restart after 3.5 years. What are you gonna do different this time? This website and the members will throw a world of quit your way, but let me tell you, you better be ready for it.

What I'm getting at is this - if you are "gonna try again," you are in the wrong place bud. We are serious. I am a numbers guy and my head is spinning thinking about what 4k a year compounded in Pfizer or ConocoPhillips stock would do for your kids college funds some day.

If you are ready to throw those 15 cans out - you are in the right place. Once you do that and post roll, you can shove your lip full of shredded glass if you'd like and we will support you. As long as the glass has no nicotine. Many, including kc guy (a bad ass August quitter) swear by the fake stuff to help them out. Reach out and ask, but first, make sure your mind is in this game.

4k a year man... 3 little kids. Think about it.
Using fake is going cold turkey bro. Anything without nicotine can and should be used by you in your quit. I started off using the fake alot. Like a can a day. But here I am on day 54 and now I can go days without using it all. It takes me about 5 days to get through a can now. Eventually your body adapts and the oral fixation will fade. For now, trash all the cope and stock up with some fake. Take your life back bro. Fuck the poison.
Listen to these guys bro,, ^^^^^^, they know how to quit. Two of the finest quitters I know.

Wow man, after reading that intro It was pretty clear whats in control of your life. Do one thing so you can see what I hear. Take all 14 can. Find the biggest mirror in the house. Stack all 14 cans in front of that mirror. Now get real close to that mirror and those cans. Take a GOOD LOOK!!!! This is you,, how SAD!!!

I want to make sure you see what I hear, so let me give you some insight. I hear a man that is lead around by the poison. I hear a man that loves a can of poison more than his wife, kids, family and himself. Since your master is the poison I would like to talk to it for a second if you don't mind.

I hate you poison. I hate that you controlled my life like my friend here for 25 years. I hope he sees you for who your really are before it's to late. I now love my wife, kids and myself. I put them first now. SCREW YOU POISON!!!!

You want your life back you got to take it!!! The poison is not going to just give it back. It likes having you as a slave. It likes controlling your every move. It will control you until you throw HOPE, TRY, BEST SHOT,INTENTION OF QUITTING and any other addicted talk out the effin window. Wake up bro. TAKE YOUR LIFE BACK! IT'S YOUR CHOICE! IT'S HARD FOR YOU TO SEE THAT! IT'S IN BACK OF THOSE 15 CANS OF POISON. IT''S THERE, FIND IT AND TAKE IT!!!!
You've made the right decision on several fronts.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: After I told you to fill your lip up with glass, I figured I should tell you I was just kidding about that. I might get sued otherwise.

Then, I was getting ready to start my lecture about how you need to post roll in the October group. Posting roll is the most important thing that you will do everyday. I am on day 201. I have not missed a single day - and if you are committed to quitting, you won't either. It works because... first thing in the morning, and I mean FIRST THING, you put your word on this site for you and all the world to see that you are promising that for today you will not use nicotine in any form. Since you are a man of your word, once that is down in writing, you won't break your word. Because, in life, integrity and honor are the most valuable things that a man has. And it is clear that you have that.

But I can see that you've already posted roll in October!!! So I don't need to get into that. But I will put in some additional suggestions... keep very very very close to this site for a while. I haven't used Chat, but a lot of members have and swear by it. When the craves come, get in there. You have my contact information coming in your inbox shortly. You'll get other contacts. Keep them. Lean on us when you need us. Dude, the next few days... I don't need to tell you. You "stopped" before. Remember what that was like? Well, you aren't stopping this time. You have QUIT! And the next few days are gonna test your resolve. Nicotine is gonna throw everything at you it has - and you are gonna kick it's ass, with some help that you haven't ever had in your corner!

Make sure you don't have a hidden stash anywhere. Make sure your wife and kids know - this time you have quit. You might be an ass for a few days - take it out on me. Take it out on KC Guy. Take it out on srans. Take it out on Matt. All of them are asses all the time (I'm clearly not!) We can take it - when you are about to lose your shit - PM us. I'll take your shit all day long.

2 cans a day means your body is pumped full of poison. You are getting ready to detox. Sack up bud - we are here for you. Nice job posting - today is in the books. Welcome aboard.
I didn't know you posted,, now we have a quit going on. Now do something else for me... Go to the biggest mirror in the house. Look and be proud. You are now taking your life back. Starting now there is someone else looking back at you. You!!

Never again for any reason brother, and you get your life back. In time you won't believe how much better you will feel. I seen you put what am I doing by your post? I'll tell you what your doing brother. You've decided that you have given your last dollar to a poison that does nothing but TAKE... It takes your money, health, freedom, integrity and the list goes on to possibly include tongue, jaw, throat and in the end your life.

Your going to have a rough time for a while, but it is so worth it. One day at a time and you get your life back brother. You will be kicking yourself right in the toosh before long when you realize all the lies you've believed.. You need anything pm me.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
Hello everyone. Yep. Gonna give it my best shot again. I'm soon to be 34 yrs old and started dipping when I was 14. "Quit" several times throughout the years. A week here. A month there. And one time for about 3.5 yrs. I have three boys (13,8,3mths) and the oldest two, along with my wife, have been begging me to quit forever. Anyways, I'm at work sitting in my truck surrounded by 15+ cans of Copenhagen. I'm using about 2-2.5 cans/day. I know. Ridicoulous right?  I have all intentions of quitting ASAP. Believe it or not, I'm actually tired of dipping. I really only enjoy it now after I eat and after.....wellllll you know!  Do I intend to polish off these 15+ cans of bad habit?  I don't know yet.  But I do intend to "Quit". Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, and I'm pulling for you too.
Those 15 cans of addiction are 15 too many! Never a better day to quit than today. Don't keep them as an investment, security blanket, or rescue. All you need is your word posted in the October quit group roll and you have it in you to quit, get through the physical withdrawal and then fight the bitch every day. I'll look for your roll post TODAY!

By the way the first step is to throw all that away in the nastiest, wet and smelly dumpster in the worse dangerous neighborhood you can find. Don't want to find yourself diving in later to retrieve those death cans. Get going!
Not sure I can do it cold turkey this time. So I'm thinking about going the "fake dip" route to help me out. At this point, a lot of my problem is I'm so used to always having a pinch in. I think the "fake dip" will help me with that. What are your thoughts on that? Or, are you dead set on chunking the cans and getting down to business?

My suggestion? This isn't time to try. This can't be another one of "those tries." I think you need to dig deep. Think about what made you restart after 3.5 years. What are you gonna do different this time? This website and the members will throw a world of quit your way, but let me tell you, you better be ready for it.

What I'm getting at is this - if you are "gonna try again," you are in the wrong place bud. We are serious. I am a numbers guy and my head is spinning thinking about what 4k a year compounded in Pfizer or ConocoPhillips stock would do for your kids college funds some day.

If you are ready to throw those 15 cans out - you are in the right place. Once you do that and post roll, you can shove your lip full of shredded glass if you'd like and we will support you. As long as the glass has no nicotine. Many, including kc guy (a bad ass August quitter) swear by the fake stuff to help them out. Reach out and ask, but first, make sure your mind is in this game.

Using fake is going cold turkey bro. Anything without nicotine can and should be used by you in your quit. I started off using the fake alot. Like a can a day. But here I am on day 54 and now I can go days without using it all. It takes me about 5 days to get through a can now. Eventually your body adapts and the oral fixation will fade. For now, trash all the cope and stock up with some fake. Take your life back bro. Fuck the poison.
Listen to these guys bro,, ^^^^^^, they know how to quit. Two of the finest quitters I know.

Wow man, after reading that intro It was pretty clear whats in control of your life. Do one thing so you can see what I hear. Take all 14 can. Find the biggest mirror in the house. Stack all 14 cans in front of that mirror. Now get real close to that mirror and those cans. Take a GOOD LOOK!!!! This is you,, how SAD!!!

I want to make sure you see what I hear, so let me give you some insight. I hear a man that is lead around by the poison. I hear a man that loves a can of poison more than his wife, kids, family and himself. Since your master is the poison I would like to talk to it for a second if you don't mind.

I hate you poison. I hate that you controlled my life like my friend here for 25 years. I hope he sees you for who your really are before it's to late. I now love my wife, kids and myself. I put them first now. SCREW YOU POISON!!!!

You want your life back you got to take it!!! The poison is not going to just give it back. It likes having you as a slave. It likes controlling your every move. It will control you until you throw HOPE, TRY, BEST SHOT,INTENTION OF QUITTING and any other addicted talk out the effin window. Wake up bro. TAKE YOUR LIFE BACK! IT'S YOUR CHOICE! IT'S HARD FOR YOU TO SEE THAT! IT'S IN BACK OF THOSE 15 CANS OF POISON. IT''S THERE, FIND IT AND TAKE IT!!!!
You've made the right decision on several fronts.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: After I told you to fill your lip up with glass, I figured I should tell you I was just kidding about that. I might get sued otherwise.

Then, I was getting ready to start my lecture about how you need to post roll in the October group. Posting roll is the most important thing that you will do everyday. I am on day 201. I have not missed a single day - and if you are committed to quitting, you won't either. It works because... first thing in the morning, and I mean FIRST THING, you put your word on this site for you and all the world to see that you are promising that for today you will not use nicotine in any form. Since you are a man of your word, once that is down in writing, you won't break your word. Because, in life, integrity and honor are the most valuable things that a man has. And it is clear that you have that.

But I can see that you've already posted roll in October!!! So I don't need to get into that. But I will put in some additional suggestions... keep very very very close to this site for a while. I haven't used Chat, but a lot of members have and swear by it. When the craves come, get in there. You have my contact information coming in your inbox shortly. You'll get other contacts. Keep them. Lean on us when you need us. Dude, the next few days... I don't need to tell you. You "stopped" before. Remember what that was like? Well, you aren't stopping this time. You have QUIT! And the next few days are gonna test your resolve. Nicotine is gonna throw everything at you it has - and you are gonna kick it's ass, with some help that you haven't ever had in your corner!

Make sure you don't have a hidden stash anywhere. Make sure your wife and kids know - this time you have quit. You might be an ass for a few days - take it out on me. Take it out on KC Guy. Take it out on srans. Take it out on Matt. All of them are asses all the time (I'm clearly not!) We can take it - when you are about to lose your shit - PM us. I'll take your shit all day long.

2 cans a day means your body is pumped full of poison. You are getting ready to detox. Sack up bud - we are here for you. Nice job posting - today is in the books. Welcome aboard.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
Lol. Wow. You guys are awesome. Straight to the point whether I like it or not. My kinda style. And funny too. The shredded glass and the nasty dumpster in a bad neighborhood sold me. Well, maybe it was the 4k/year I'm spitting in the closest container I can find. At any rate, I'm all in. I pondered selling the rest of my cans to the guys at work. No worries though. I realized how stupid it would be for me to support something that I just made up my mind I'm totally against. So, I'm gonna finish typing this and I'm going out to my truck and kicking nics ass. After that, this ole boy is getting some rest. Night shift sucks.

And yes, I'm scared. Scared as hell. But I already feel different. Can't explain it. And by the way. If you guys dont help me through this I'm gonna have to whip your asses too. Lol. Not really.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »

Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14