Author Topic: Not quite there yet  (Read 4205 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Not quite there yet
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Gonehuntn79
Quote from: Matt
Hello everyone. Yep. Gonna give it my best shot again. I'm soon to be 34 yrs old and started dipping when I was 14. "Quit" several times throughout the years. A week here. A month there. And one time for about 3.5 yrs. I have three boys (13,8,3mths) and the oldest two, along with my wife, have been begging me to quit forever. Anyways, I'm at work sitting in my truck surrounded by 15+ cans of Copenhagen. I'm using about 2-2.5 cans/day. I know. Ridicoulous right?  I have all intentions of quitting ASAP. Believe it or not, I'm actually tired of dipping. I really only enjoy it now after I eat and after.....wellllll you know!  Do I intend to polish off these 15+ cans of bad habit?  I don't know yet.  But I do intend to "Quit". Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, and I'm pulling for you too.
Those 15 cans of addiction are 15 too many! Never a better day to quit than today. Don't keep them as an investment, security blanket, or rescue. All you need is your word posted in the October quit group roll and you have it in you to quit, get through the physical withdrawal and then fight the bitch every day. I'll look for your roll post TODAY!

By the way the first step is to throw all that away in the nastiest, wet and smelly dumpster in the worse dangerous neighborhood you can find. Don't want to find yourself diving in later to retrieve those death cans. Get going!
Not sure I can do it cold turkey this time. So I'm thinking about going the "fake dip" route to help me out. At this point, a lot of my problem is I'm so used to always having a pinch in. I think the "fake dip" will help me with that. What are your thoughts on that? Or, are you dead set on chunking the cans and getting down to business?
15 cans? 2 cans a day? Man, that is about 4k a year! What a shame...

My suggestion? This isn't time to try. This can't be another one of "those tries." I think you need to dig deep. Think about what made you restart after 3.5 years. What are you gonna do different this time? This website and the members will throw a world of quit your way, but let me tell you, you better be ready for it.

What I'm getting at is this - if you are "gonna try again," you are in the wrong place bud. We are serious. I am a numbers guy and my head is spinning thinking about what 4k a year compounded in Pfizer or ConocoPhillips stock would do for your kids college funds some day.

If you are ready to throw those 15 cans out - you are in the right place. Once you do that and post roll, you can shove your lip full of shredded glass if you'd like and we will support you. As long as the glass has no nicotine. Many, including kc guy (a bad ass August quitter) swear by the fake stuff to help them out. Reach out and ask, but first, make sure your mind is in this game.

4k a year man... 3 little kids. Think about it.

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Hello everyone. Yep. Gonna give it my best shot again. I'm soon to be 34 yrs old and started dipping when I was 14. "Quit" several times throughout the years. A week here. A month there. And one time for about 3.5 yrs. I have three boys (13,8,3mths) and the oldest two, along with my wife, have been begging me to quit forever. Anyways, I'm at work sitting in my truck surrounded by 15+ cans of Copenhagen. I'm using about 2-2.5 cans/day. I know. Ridicoulous right?  I have all intentions of quitting ASAP. Believe it or not, I'm actually tired of dipping. I really only enjoy it now after I eat and after.....wellllll you know!  Do I intend to polish off these 15+ cans of bad habit?  I don't know yet.  But I do intend to "Quit". Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, and I'm pulling for you too.
Those 15 cans of addiction are 15 too many! Never a better day to quit than today. Don't keep them as an investment, security blanket, or rescue. All you need is your word posted in the October quit group roll and you have it in you to quit, get through the physical withdrawal and then fight the bitch every day. I'll look for your roll post TODAY!

By the way the first step is to throw all that away in the nastiest, wet and smelly dumpster in the worse dangerous neighborhood you can find. Don't want to find yourself diving in later to retrieve those death cans. Get going!
Not sure I can do it cold turkey this time. So I'm thinking about going the "fake dip" route to help me out. At this point, a lot of my problem is I'm so used to always having a pinch in. I think the "fake dip" will help me with that. What are your thoughts on that? Or, are you dead set on chunking the cans and getting down to business?
yes, fake dip is good. Jakes and Smokey Mountain are great alternatives. Cold turkey is cold turkey... meaning no nicotine crutches. If you intend to use the nic patch or gum, you're not ready to quit. Those only limp you along and before you know it you're spending twice as much with the patch and the gum and the Nic bitch is winning!

There are some hardcore dippers on here. Some guys that dipped for for as long as you've been alive. If they can do it, you can do it!

The puck is behind your blue line, you choose how you want to attack. (yes, that was a hockey line... lol)
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »

Dude fake dip is fine but dump ALL the cans, jump in 100%, help others and quit 1 day at a time just like the rest of us addicts that wasted so many years wishing and hoping.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
Get some intestinal fortitude and hold on... it's gonna be a wild ride for your first 50-100 days, but I promise you it does get easier!

We are all like you and have all seen through your eyes. You're making the right choice.

No excuses, start today by flushing it all and grabbing some gum and getting a quit buddy.

Start now!!!!! 'flush'
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »
Hello everyone. Yep. Gonna give it my best shot again. I'm soon to be 34 yrs old and started dipping when I was 14. "Quit" several times throughout the years. A week here. A month there. And one time for about 3.5 yrs. I have three boys (13,8,3mths) and the oldest two, along with my wife, have been begging me to quit forever. Anyways, I'm at work sitting in my truck surrounded by 15+ cans of Copenhagen. I'm using about 2-2.5 cans/day. I know. Ridicoulous right? I have all intentions of quitting ASAP. Believe it or not, I'm actually tired of dipping. I really only enjoy it now after I eat and after.....wellllll you know! Do I intend to polish off these 15+ cans of bad habit? I don't know yet. But I do intend to "Quit". Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, and I'm pulling for you too.

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
Not quite there yet
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:04:00 AM »
Hello everyone. Yep. Gonna give it my best shot again. I'm soon to be 34 yrs old and started dipping when I was 14. "Quit" several times throughout the years. A week here. A month there. And one time for about 3.5 yrs. I have three boys (13,8,3mths) and the oldest two, along with my wife, have been begging me to quit forever. Anyways, I'm at work sitting in my truck surrounded by 15+ cans of Copenhagen. I'm using about 2-2.5 cans/day. I know. Ridicoulous right? I have all intentions of quitting ASAP. Believe it or not, I'm actually tired of dipping. I really only enjoy it now after I eat and after.....wellllll you know! Do I intend to polish off these 15+ cans of bad habit? I don't know yet. But I do intend to "Quit". Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, and I'm pulling for you too.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00