Author Topic: Nate's Intro  (Read 6365 times)

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nate's Intro
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »
Thank y'all for the support. I have to say, it feels good not to be a slave to a can of worm dirt. And this smokey mountain tastes freaking great. Almost like the real thing. It's destroying my cravings. Sultan Strong. QLF
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: RES17CUE
Thanks MU. As weird as it is I am almost giddy to be quit. When I went in to get it I was more excited to get the SM than I was tempted to buy the real shit. Today was a good day. I own Day 4. I won't let my Sultans down
That's a great attitude "Rescue", the accountability and brotherhood in the KTC motto is not BS. It really works. You are seeing the light already. Good Job. Quit on Bro!
Yep as Rdad said, you have a great attitude. Anyone who is giddy to be quit is a badass in my book.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »
Thanks MU. As weird as it is I am almost giddy to be quit. When I went in to get it I was more excited to get the SM than I was tempted to buy the real shit. Today was a good day. I own Day 4. I won't let my Sultans down
That's a great attitude "Rescue", the accountability and brotherhood in the KTC motto is not BS. It really works. You are seeing the light already. Good Job. Quit on Bro!

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
Starting to accrue some numbers and the support is amazing. Day 4 is a breeze compared to yesterday. On my way to walmart to get some smokey mountain. If that's what it takes to get rid of this nic bitch I'm down. Thanks y'all. QLF
Used SM for the first 30 or so days. I thought it really helped with the transition. Now even SM free. What ever you do, don't get tempted to buy the other shit they sell right next to the SM at WalMart. Be stronger than that - because you are nic free
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
Starting to accrue some numbers and the support is amazing. Day 4 is a breeze compared to yesterday. On my way to walmart to get some smokey mountain. If that's what it takes to get rid of this nic bitch I'm down. Thanks y'all. QLF

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 07:13:00 AM »
I can't thank everyone enough for the support. Definitely something I've never had on previous quitting attempts. Posted roll for day 4 bright and early. And I actually got some sleep last night. Things are looking up. Thanks again everyone. It means a lot.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »
Res17cue

Welcome to the club of dumb ass quitters. Each day will suck until it gets better. For some the initial suck can last a couple of weeks, maybe even a month. Each day gets a little easier. For me the foggy suck lasted about 10 days - but every day I got better. Day 71 now and I can tell you this - I would have caved if it was not for my commitment to my other brothers in the July quit club.

It is not easy - we started with over 100 quitters and we are down to about 40. It is the guys who post every day and make a commitment to themselves and their brothers that will make the quit last. Exchange numbers with other quitters in your group - and some of the seasoned veterans. We are all here to help - especially when the quit really gets tough.

As I said day 71 for me - and I still get occasional urges, but mentally I am much stronger and can get through them better and better every damn day. Post every day - it may sound silly - but it works. Make a commitment to be a 100% poster for 100 days.

I am PM'ing you my number - contact me any time you want (via text or calling).

Its a long journey brother - but no doubt you can roll forward for you, your wife and your kids.
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »
Welcome to the asylum......if you want to quit, then you have come to the right place. If I can give you one piece of advice please take posting roll seriously. I realize that seemingly making a promise to a bunch of guys you don't know seems a bit strange but can also assure you that this is the bond that binds you to your quit, to us. Take posting roll serious and you will succeed. Be nonchalant about posting and your quit will follow suit. We have all seen wannabe quitters come and go and unfortunately only the strong will survive to become quitters. The first tipoff of a serous quitter is his involvement around here and posting roll, the first tipoff of a failed quit is someone half-ass positing roll. So with that said, Post Roll each and every damn day, be a man of your word and quit with us. Welcome!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Thank you Griz. Day 3 has been a mother but I keep lying to myself and saying that the worst is over. Haha. I will say that I actually look forward to posting roll right now. Gives me something to strive to do
Read all you can in the site. The HOF speeches, intros, words of wisdom, etc. it'll occupy your mind and help you build your defenses. You need to hate nicotine with a passion.
^^^Agreed! Read, reach out when needed, read some more. There is a ton of eye-opening stuff on this website, absorb it! Your past leads me to believe structure in your life is familiar ... make sure posting roll EARLY every day is your routine! Just make a promise one day at a time, and they'll add up. You've got my digits, I've got yours, I quit with you today Nate!!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Thank you Griz. Day 3 has been a mother but I keep lying to myself and saying that the worst is over. Haha. I will say that I actually look forward to posting roll right now. Gives me something to strive to do
Read all you can in the site. The HOF speeches, intros, words of wisdom, etc. it'll occupy your mind and help you build your defenses. You need to hate nicotine with a passion.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 08:14:00 PM »

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
Well here goes the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm Nate, 25 years old, and i have dipped since I was 13.

I got started because I wanted to be like my dad. He dipped skoal mint. I can still remember the smell every time we got in his car. We were at a hockey tournament and he threw me his can and asked if I wanted a pinch. I guess he thought I'd get sick and never do it again. But I sat there and enjoyed my very first pinch. Since then it has become a part of me.

I made it through OCS for the United States Marine Corps in 2010 with no problem because I was too tired and busy to worry about nicotine. But after all that time, the first thing I did when I graduated was to go buy a can. Nics a bitch.

I'm a firefighter now and I help people for a living, but I am killing myself every day. I can watch a patient dying a slow and painful death, say "man that sucks" and then throw in a lip on the ride back to the station. I have made the choice to quit. I woke up the morning of June 20th and didn't put in my morning pinch. I didn't want to dip any more. I have posted roll twice now and my day 3 is almost done.

I'm mad, angry, pissed off, embarrassed, angry, trying not to listen to that little voice that says "you can have a pinch, it's ok", and did I mention I'm angry?! Haha. My brain isn't quite fully functioning right now but I want to say thank you for the site and I look forward to the day I get to type up my HOF bio. Quit Like Fuck
Good job Nate. There is no reason to go back other than to be a slave again. Fight for your freedom, and honor yourself daily by making your pledge here.

I quit with you today.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
Nate's Intro
« on: June 22, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
Well here goes the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm Nate, 25 years old, and i have dipped since I was 13.

I got started because I wanted to be like my dad. He dipped skoal mint. I can still remember the smell every time we got in his car. We were at a hockey tournament and he threw me his can and asked if I wanted a pinch. I guess he thought I'd get sick and never do it again. But I sat there and enjoyed my very first pinch. Since then it has become a part of me.

I made it through OCS for the United States Marine Corps in 2010 with no problem because I was too tired and busy to worry about nicotine. But after all that time, the first thing I did when I graduated was to go buy a can. Nics a bitch.

I'm a firefighter now and I help people for a living, but I am killing myself every day. I can watch a patient dying a slow and painful death, say "man that sucks" and then throw in a lip on the ride back to the station. I have made the choice to quit. I woke up the morning of June 20th and didn't put in my morning pinch. I didn't want to dip any more. I have posted roll twice now and my day 3 is almost done.

I'm mad, angry, pissed off, embarrassed, angry, trying not to listen to that little voice that says "you can have a pinch, it's ok", and did I mention I'm angry?! Haha. My brain isn't quite fully functioning right now but I want to say thank you for the site and I look forward to the day I get to type up my HOF bio. Quit Like Fuck

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014