Author Topic: Nate's Intro  (Read 6366 times)

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nate's Intro
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
I am trying to keep a running dialogue of my journey in this final quit. So here goes. Day 8 was pretty normal. Almost eerily normal. Ran out of smokey mountain on the way to work and am on shift for 24 hours. So no alternatives all day and I lived through it. Who'd have thunk that was possible?

Had one bad craving after lunch, my prior favorite dipping timeslot, but all I had to do was look at my name on roll. It's working and I'm loving it. Hope all my fellow Sultans keep up the quit and I'm proud to quit with each and every one of you.
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Thanks Waste. (Definitely wrote this one to get my 50th post. Not even a little ashamed) :D

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Quote from: RES17CUE
Absolutely. The only time I think about it now is when I'm idle. If I stay busy I don't even crave. As good of an excuse as any to be productive I guess. Haha. Taking it day by day. Thanks for the support everyone. I won't let y'all or my Sultans down
It will pass, man.

Right now is rough (especially when you're idle), but one day soon...you'll enjoy those times too.

Keep it up. I'm very proud of you.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Absolutely. The only time I think about it now is when I'm idle. If I stay busy I don't even crave. As good of an excuse as any to be productive I guess. Haha. Taking it day by day. Thanks for the support everyone. I won't let y'all or my Sultans down

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Quote from: flashman
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: Greg5280
Well it happened. My first dip dream. I was playing hockey and threw in a big fat pinch after. I woke up in a freaking cold sweat. Not because I wanted it. I was pissed at myself. Now I know how my ex felt when she got mad at me for doing something in HER dream. Haha. It felt so damn real. Glad it was just a dream. Day 8 chugging along. Stay quit everyone
Dip dreams suck! I have had my share.

Your body is trying to trick you into using again. It is a sign you are winning!

Stay clean!
I had a ton of dip dreams, for a long time. That just goes to show how deep the claws are hooked in. Just keep riding them out. I can't tell you how long they will last, but they do go away over time.
Best thing about dip dreams is waking up knowing you won.
You'll be going through mind games for a while. No matter what happens, always remember the first 3 days. You never want to do that again.
Thumb called this one right. At first it seems like everything is a struggle... a fight. And it is.

But in time the stuggles become easier, and less frequent. Then you start to kind of like an occasional stuggle, because it will remind you of how you are winning at something that you lost at for a lot of years.

One day at a time, buddy... one day at a time...

You are winning.

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Well it happened. My first dip dream. I was playing hockey and threw in a big fat pinch after. I woke up in a freaking cold sweat. Not because I wanted it. I was pissed at myself. Now I know how my ex felt when she got mad at me for doing something in HER dream. Haha. It felt so damn real. Glad it was just a dream. Day 8 chugging along. Stay quit everyone

Your body is trying to trick you into using again. It is a sign you are winning!

Stay clean!
I had a ton of dip dreams, for a long time. That just goes to show how deep the claws are hooked in. Just keep riding them out. I can't tell you how long they will last, but they do go away over time.
You'll be going through mind games for a while. No matter what happens, always remember the first 3 days. You never want to do that again.
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
poof
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »

Stay clean!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »

Stay clean!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »

Stay clean!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
A dip dream certainly does suck. I always let them serve as a reminder that freedom will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Keep up the strong quit.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »
Thank you again for all of the support everybody. Oddly enough this is the first night I'm having trouble falling asleep. For all the other nights I passed out and woke up early as all hell. Messing with me a little bit. But the show goes on and there will be another roll to post in a few hours. Thank you to all of the Sultans and everyone else here that has offered support. I know I'm not quitting alone.
Bad ass man.

Hope you've found your zzz's tonight. Today has been crazy, but it's over. Let's plan for tomorrow.

Wake up, post roll, and keep your promise. You fill in the blanks.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
Thank you again for all of the support everybody. Oddly enough this is the first night I'm having trouble falling asleep. For all the other nights I passed out and woke up early as all hell. Messing with me a little bit. But the show goes on and there will be another roll to post in a few hours. Thank you to all of the Sultans and everyone else here that has offered support. I know I'm not quitting alone.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Ted

• Quitter
  • Interests: Time with the family: blessed beyond what I deserve. Married over my head, great wife. Most amazing two kids ever created.Buying older, ugly, unwanted, abused and neglected homes and remodeling.Trail running, any distances up to 50Miles, Road running mostly marathons. But presently recovering from ankle surgery after accident.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
One day at a time. In the time between know the craves a momentary and illusions. Don't fall for the lies.