Author Topic: Nate's Intro  (Read 6369 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nate's Intro
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
Quote from: RES17CUE
Thanks Griz. It sucked at the moment but I was actually happy that I wasn't even tempted to buy the real stuff. Kind of proved my quit to myself. No turning back. I can't let myself or my Sultans down like that.
Res17Cue,

You rock....Sultan pride, brother...

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »
Thanks Griz. It sucked at the moment but I was actually happy that I wasn't even tempted to buy the real stuff. Kind of proved my quit to myself. No turning back. I can't let myself or my Sultans down like that.
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Thumblewort
I woke up today and realized its day freaking 7! A whole week! That is something I thought would surely kill me before after all, nicotine made my brain think if die without the poison. Fucking dip.

On another note I feel pretty good. Waking up super early and eating like an Ethiopian at a Golden Corral, but I'm good. I went into my usual gas station yesterday to get a water (quit drinking energy drinks too, also day 7) and the cashier grabbed a can of Skoal Extra Mint and had it waiting on the counter. Fuck. I guess I was just that fucking predictable for that many years. Told her that I quit and she looked offended. I guess I was singlehandedly keeping their tobacco margins up. Whatever. Fuck them and their wall of worm dirt.

I'm on day 7. A whole week. I'm fucking proud of myself
Rescue, no joke on the dip purchases, my local gas station always stocked logs for me beneath the counter (small town here), and if I didn't stop in for awhile the clerk would ask me why, and should they be stocking Skoal Cherry as much. We were cratures of habit and slaves, and I'm damn proud to be quit with you today.
Great job on 1 week

keep it up, I like where this looks like its going
At this point in your quit, and with the number of lawyers on this site, I'm thinking you could get the charges dropped if you jumped the counter and tipped the wall of death over then stripped naked and ran out of there like a nude maniac.

Way to fight brother!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I woke up today and realized its day freaking 7! A whole week! That is something I thought would surely kill me before after all, nicotine made my brain think if die without the poison. Fucking dip.

On another note I feel pretty good. Waking up super early and eating like an Ethiopian at a Golden Corral, but I'm good. I went into my usual gas station yesterday to get a water (quit drinking energy drinks too, also day 7) and the cashier grabbed a can of Skoal Extra Mint and had it waiting on the counter. Fuck. I guess I was just that fucking predictable for that many years. Told her that I quit and she looked offended. I guess I was singlehandedly keeping their tobacco margins up. Whatever. Fuck them and their wall of worm dirt.

Rescue, no joke on the dip purchases, my local gas station always stocked logs for me beneath the counter (small town here), and if I didn't stop in for awhile the clerk would ask me why, and should they be stocking Skoal Cherry as much. We were cratures of habit and slaves, and I'm damn proud to be quit with you today.
Great job on 1 week

keep it up, I like where this looks like its going

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
I've fuckig got this. Whatever it takes, whatever motivation I use, I've fucking got this. Day 6, posted roll, and now my day can start.
Yes you do Nate, I'm with you ... ODAAT. Quit with you brother!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
I've fuckig got this. Whatever it takes, whatever motivation I use, I've fucking got this. Day 6, posted roll, and now my day can start.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Thomas79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-17
  • Interests: Video games........Guns............Breasts............
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 02:10:00 AM »
Welcome to the war zone............it's us on one side, nic on the other...........this is a fight to the death.
Nicotine............go F*** yourself!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 11:38:00 PM »
Solid intro Rescue - hit up roll twice before posting your intro, journaling the quit, accumulating numbers - pretty sure you're starting to quit like fuck. Do yourself a favor and think back to what you said in that intro - looking down at a dying soul only to throw in a dip as you ride back to the station. Whatever that face, that motivation. Use it. Moreover, post roll every day; be a man of your word and keep promising.

A quitter is only as good as the quality of his promise. Accountability, brotherhood - pillars that help hold up that promise - but it is you and your promise that will make you quit and keep you quit.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-17
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Hang in there Rescue. You can do it. It will get better. Stay safe out there brother.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
Another day down. For some reason I got pretty foggy today. Time flew by. I'm on duty and I feel like I just got here but I've been on shift since 0700. Little weird but feeling good.

Big, you a FF as well?

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline bigton16335

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-07
  • Interests: I love hunting and being outdoors. I read a lot of books. I enjoy bon fires and cookouts with friends. I like to cook. I enjoy lifting weights once in a while with friends. I am married but have no kids.
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
Well I would love to give you some Monumental piece of advice but everyone else has already covered most everything. I will tell you that everyday it gets a little easier...for me anyhow. There will be occasional bad cravings and the dip dreams. As long as you stay tight to this website and to your brothers and sisters here then you have the tools you need to beat it. KTC is like your HALLIGAN TOOL against the nic. You always keep it close because it will save your ass. I am gonna shoot you a pm with my number in it. Feel free to get ahold of me my SULTAN brother!
"Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town." - George Carlin

"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed."~ Bernard Edmonds

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." ~ Bill Cosby

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles one has overcome trying to succeed." ~ Booker T. Washington

"No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No stream or gas ever drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara ever turned light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined." ~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »
Quote from: truetomyself
Thank y'all for the support. I have to say, it feels good not to be a slave to a can of worm dirt. And this smokey mountain tastes freaking great. Almost like the real thing. It's destroying my cravings. Sultan Strong. QLF
res17cue, as you've already noticed, you're not alone here. You're not doing it by yourself. Your anger has a place: right here on the pages of KTC. Get angry at me. Get angry at others on this site. Get angry at yourself. Most of all, get angry at nicotine. Do it. Let it out. No holds barred here. Pain. Suffering. You can strangle nic to the death here and no ref will come in and call the fight.

Embrace your suffering.
One day at a time brother....you are doing just fine!!! It gets better....healing will continue!
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline TrueToMyself

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
Thank y'all for the support. I have to say, it feels good not to be a slave to a can of worm dirt. And this smokey mountain tastes freaking great. Almost like the real thing. It's destroying my cravings. Sultan Strong. QLF
res17cue, as you've already noticed, you're not alone here. You're not doing it by yourself. Your anger has a place: right here on the pages of KTC. Get angry at me. Get angry at others on this site. Get angry at yourself. Most of all, get angry at nicotine. Do it. Let it out. No holds barred here. Pain. Suffering. You can strangle nic to the death here and no ref will come in and call the fight.

Embrace your suffering.