Author Topic: rgross298's Intro  (Read 3869 times)

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
  • Quit Date: 02/19/2012
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: rgross298's Intro
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Day 185.

I just got back from a seven-day cruise with the family. Last time I did this (around 8 years ago), I had to carefully plan, purchase, and ration tobacco for the week. This time, I took a little gum, a couple tins of fake, and had a marvelous time. I jogged past the smokers, cordoned off to a breezy area on one of the top decks, every day on my way to the 'sky track'.

I remember having some really rough times, 'funks', in the 20's, 120's, and especially in the 80's. I remember wondering if it will ever get better, if the craves will ever subside, if the pseudo-depression of the funks will ever abate.

They freaking will. For any of you struggling, wondering if there are better days ahead, if it will get any better, I promise, it will. I love my tobacco-free life, and it is getting better every day.

Stay strong, brothers.

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Anyone interested in running the Houston Marathon on 1/13/2013 with rangy and I? If so, PM me, I've set up a BOMB group for the lottery.

Offline jonathanrivers

• Quitter
    • jonathanrivers.com
  • Interests: Sports, stocks, sex
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: rgross298
Of course I had a "WTF" conversation with him, but you can't tell older brothers anything.

I am quit and I am done with that crap. I think my brother is in a dark place in his life right now. I've been in dark places before, and dip didn't help.

I appreciate the comments, that was somewhat of a downer day for me. On the bright side, I just hit fifty days quit today, and I'm damn proud to be quit with you brothers.

I would not be doing this (with this feeling, with this success) without KTC and you guys.
Quit with you today, bud. Get your brother's ass over in July if you can.
Telling that dirty whore to fuck off since 2/21/2012. You can do it too. Just stop being a pussy and do it.

jonathan's Introduction

jonathan's Hall of Fame Speech

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »
Of course I had a "WTF" conversation with him, but you can't tell older brothers anything.

I am quit and I am done with that crap. I think my brother is in a dark place in his life right now. I've been in dark places before, and dip didn't help.

I appreciate the comments, that was somewhat of a downer day for me. On the bright side, I just hit fifty days quit today, and I'm damn proud to be quit with you brothers.

I would not be doing this (with this feeling, with this success) without KTC and you guys.
Proud to be quit with you too RGross! With luck your Bro will reach out to you when he gets out from under that dark place. Congrats on 50, keep it going.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Quote from: TonySelle
Freaking beautiful day in Austin today, took the kids on a rare trip to see my oldest brother down south.  We got our kids settled in, arranged for the oldest ones to watch the youngins, then went on a solid 4-mile run together through his neighborhood.  Been a long time since we've run together, felt great.

End of run, walking recovery, my brother, who has been FIFTEEN years quit from tobacco, whips out a can of Cope and loads a turd in his mouth. 

WHAT THE FUCK?

Says he just started doing it a bit again, not sure why, "only does about four dips a day", life/work/etc. has been stressful.

Jesus.
That must have been fun for you. Sounds like a new candidate for KTC?
Tell him to get in here and quit that stuff...
Someone took a big steamy dump in quitville. Bogus. Stay free my friend.

This is for all of us. I just read it again my self. It is as true as the law of gravity. It is called the law of addiction. http://www.killthecan.org/robs/law.asp

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
Freaking beautiful day in Austin today, took the kids on a rare trip to see my oldest brother down south. We got our kids settled in, arranged for the oldest ones to watch the youngins, then went on a solid 4-mile run together through his neighborhood. Been a long time since we've run together, felt great.

End of run, walking recovery, my brother, who has been FIFTEEN years quit from tobacco, whips out a can of Cope and loads a turd in his mouth.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Says he just started doing it a bit again, not sure why, "only does about four dips a day", life/work/etc. has been stressful.

Jesus.
That must have been fun for you. Sounds like a new candidate for KTC?
Tell him to get in here and quit that stuff...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Freaking beautiful day in Austin today, took the kids on a rare trip to see my oldest brother down south.  We got our kids settled in, arranged for the oldest ones to watch the youngins, then went on a solid 4-mile run together through his neighborhood.  Been a long time since we've run together, felt great.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Jesus.
Dude, fifteen years quit...

All down the toilet.

What a bummer it must have been for you to see that... and with everything you know now from being a stud here on KTC, I bet it just turned your stomach that much more.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
Freaking beautiful day in Austin today, took the kids on a rare trip to see my oldest brother down south. We got our kids settled in, arranged for the oldest ones to watch the youngins, then went on a solid 4-mile run together through his neighborhood. Been a long time since we've run together, felt great.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Jesus.
'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head'

This is exactly why we post roll every day.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK?

Jesus.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
Captain's log, Day 37. I finally understand what a 'funk' is. After a long, dreary sequence of events the last couple of weeks, I have finally emerged from one such funk (presumably, the '20's funk).

Also:

-Drove over 1,000 miles to two different weekend destinations with the family over the last three weekends, and spent a LOT of time with in-laws. Chose to stay quit.

-Nursed the wife and kids through a vicious flu pandemic that lasted nearly two weeks, while simultaneously fending off flu/allergy symptoms and working. Chose to stay quit.

-Got uber-intoxicated at a relative's wedding and could have bummed a smoke off any of a zillion idiots. Chose to stay quit.

Bottom line: The funks for me were like mild depressions. Even some anxieties at times. I have had tons of reasons or excuses to abandon my quit, especially when the funk started looking long-term. However, I Chose to stay quit.

I want to give a ton of gratitude to you vets, brothers of May, and other folks who are lighting the way through this. I spat tobacco for 21+ years, and I wanted to quit for a least ten of them. I honestly never thought I could. Thanks to the support and honesty of you all, I now know that was the addiction talking. I am through the funk, the clouds have parted and I feel like a million bucks. I know more funks will come, but I feel strong. I am quit today, and my quit is strong.
Outstanding quit going on for you brother!!!!!

Great stuff keep up the good work its these times that reassure you that you can beat the nic bitch!!!!!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Captain's log, Day 37. I finally understand what a 'funk' is. After a long, dreary sequence of events the last couple of weeks, I have finally emerged from one such funk (presumably, the '20's funk).

Also:

-Drove over 1,000 miles to two different weekend destinations with the family over the last three weekends, and spent a LOT of time with in-laws. Chose to stay quit.

-Nursed the wife and kids through a vicious flu pandemic that lasted nearly two weeks, while simultaneously fending off flu/allergy symptoms and working. Chose to stay quit.

-Got uber-intoxicated at a relative's wedding and could have bummed a smoke off any of a zillion idiots. Chose to stay quit.

Bottom line: The funks for me were like mild depressions. Even some anxieties at times. I have had tons of reasons or excuses to abandon my quit, especially when the funk started looking long-term. However, I Chose to stay quit.

I want to give a ton of gratitude to you vets, brothers of May, and other folks who are lighting the way through this. I spat tobacco for 21+ years, and I wanted to quit for a least ten of them. I honestly never thought I could. Thanks to the support and honesty of you all, I now know that was the addiction talking. I am through the funk, the clouds have parted and I feel like a million bucks. I know more funks will come, but I feel strong. I am quit today, and my quit is strong.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomad
Thanks guys, I knew a big craving was going to come after I ate, and sure enough I just had to deal with it. That's awesome you guys are past the first stage, I just got so sick of spending money to kill myself, so I had to make it happen.
Hi Nomad great job getting through that. Welcome to the site. 2 things. 1) start your own intro thread in this forum, tell us about yourself and keep us updated like you have but you should have your own thread 2) you gotta post Roll. Start your own intro and someone with mo knowledge of computer machines will post some links for you but it's all in the pink "welcome center" tab in the upper left hand corner. And/or go to the chat room upper right corner, somebody will help you out. Again welcome I will quit with you and rgross298 today.

Offline Nomad

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I knew a big craving was going to come after I ate, and sure enough I just had to deal with it. That's awesome you guys are past the first stage, I just got so sick of spending money to kill myself, so I had to make it happen.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomad
It's almost lunch time, and I threw my can away yesterday around 1pm. It's pretty rough, first time without nicotine in over a decade.
You will hit the good days soon but remember this is like riding a roller coaster!

The first few days are like going up the first hill on The Millenium force at cedar point; lots of excitement, stress and not know ing the hell is going on then......

You make it down that hill things are rapidly getting better 'crackup' only to go onto another hill, granted its not as high but seems almost tougher! 'bang head'

Remember this is how it is supposed to go! 'Crazy'

You will make it thru the ride and I am sure you will actually start to enjoy the fact that you are not ruled by dip! You will be surprised by how much different food starts to taste again.

Keep posting everyday and read on here alot especially when you start to get some rage! It will calm you down and if reading doesnt work just start raging to everyone here thats the best thing WE have all been thru what your just starting!

Grizzly25 ..........31 days and counting.......out
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech