Author Topic: rgross298's Intro  (Read 3868 times)

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
  • Quit Date: 02/19/2012
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: rgross298's Intro
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomad
It's almost lunch time, and I threw my can away yesterday around 1pm. It's pretty rough, first time without nicotine in over a decade.
You got this, Nomad. You're stronger than that shit. Keep rolling, keep busy as fuck. I hit the gym or went for long walks at lunch (from work). Whatever it takes, you can do this.

YOU CAN DO THIS. I'm sick of tobacco and what it has done to me, my brothers and sisters. I hope they tax the living shit out of this stuff (like I hear they do in Canada, upwards of $10 a tin) and put those deceased carcass pictures all over the tins and packs. FUCK BIG TOBACCO.

I'm on Day 19, and I'm free. It isn't always easy, but man I am FUCKING FREE. Come join me.

Offline Nomad

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
It's almost lunch time, and I threw my can away yesterday around 1pm. It's pretty rough, first time without nicotine in over a decade.

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
Quote from: rgross298
Guys, I talk a lot of smack on here, but I have to say that if it wasn't for this site and all you sorry asses, I would have caved by now. I'm hitting some kind of slump the last two days (I'm on Day 19 today), and yesterday was particularly bad. This after coming off an euphoric high for the first couple of weeks. Yesterday, I was pounding fake dip, candy, coffee like a madman and had some serious, SERIOUS craves in the evening.

I drove to the local store to look for these damned atomic fireballs everyone talks about, still can't find them so I picked up some other jawbreakers that are lame. Saw the cancer tins behind the counter. Didn't consider buying but did note how easy it would be to cave. Insane. After driving home, walking back in to the house I came to the conclusion that KTC is the reason I'm rolling with this. Accountability. Other people who give a shit, and know what I'm going through. Scary stories about the rarely-discussed, dark side of tobacco use. Tons of other clowns who like to give Big Tobacco a big middle finger just like me.

FUCK YOU, TOBACCO, I QUIT AGAIN TODAY. I WILL NOT CAVE.
Man, I completely agree with you. I am on day 3 and PROUD of it...but I wouldn't even have gotten to today without KTC and all you guys.

Keep it up...it's good to be a quitter :)

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Guys, I talk a lot of smack on here, but I have to say that if it wasn't for this site and all you sorry asses, I would have caved by now. I'm hitting some kind of slump the last two days (I'm on Day 19 today), and yesterday was particularly bad. This after coming off an euphoric high for the first couple of weeks. Yesterday, I was pounding fake dip, candy, coffee like a madman and had some serious, SERIOUS craves in the evening.

I drove to the local store to look for these damned atomic fireballs everyone talks about, still can't find them so I picked up some other jawbreakers that are lame. Saw the cancer tins behind the counter. Didn't consider buying but did note how easy it would be to cave. Insane. After driving home, walking back in to the house I came to the conclusion that KTC is the reason I'm rolling with this. Accountability. Other people who give a shit, and know what I'm going through. Scary stories about the rarely-discussed, dark side of tobacco use. Tons of other clowns who like to give Big Tobacco a big middle finger just like me.

FUCK YOU, TOBACCO, I QUIT AGAIN TODAY. I WILL NOT CAVE.

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
RG - badass quit u got going. Keep up the good work.
This is
1. some of the funniest shit I've seen today
2. just made my quit stronger - i appreciate your candor

AND FOR OUR SORRY ASS SELVES, WE HAVE BEEN HIDING OUR ADDICTIONS FROM OUR WIVES, KIDS, GIRLFRIENDS, AND FAMILY, AND HAVE BEEN SNEAKING INTO 7-11'S, Circle-K's, Shell stations, Diamond Shamrocks, Exxons, and other GAS STATIONS (insert the common gas station in your area of the country here) and asking RANJIT, SURESH, and RAGSHIT to grab a can of smokeless tobacco -- NO, THAT CAN, THE ONE OVER THERE, ONE MORE TO THE RIGHT, YEAH THAT ONE --
yes, that is us. Or, at least, that is me. Anyone else have the balls to join me?

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE BALLS TO ADMIT THAT YOU HAVE TRIED TO NAVIGATE SOME INDIAN FUCKER TO THE TYPE OF CANCER-IN-A-CAN THAT YOU PREFER?

'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup'

Stay quit my brother. PM me anytime.
Im day 48 today and not going to give you the "it gets better" theme. It does, but the foggy rage goggly eyed state stays around for the first 30 days. Quit each day like you have been.

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
Hey Maverick,
I feel the same, it's awesome not to launch out of bed in search for a dip can. However, I still have a strong oral fixation to deal with. I'm still doing Smokey Mountain every couple of hours, seeds, gum, coffee, etc. How are you doing in that area?

I think I just need to be patient and not expect to be completely free of all the habits that encircled this crappy thing I've been doing for more that 20 years. Particularly, I want to quit using the Smokey Mountain crap, because it's basically all of the same shit minus the tobacco. Looks, smells, tastes, spits, hell even feels like tobacco at this point. Am I really getting anywhere using this shit?

My brother thinks so, he's doing it nonstop all day and says at least it's better than tobacco. I agree with him there, of course, but I'm just frustrated.

--Russ

Offline maverick09

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
Russ,

My bad you are probably on about the same day as me. It felt really good waking up today. I barely thought about introducing nicotine into my system, and I didn't feel like a needed a buzz to start the day. The serenity was awesome.

Mav

Offline maverick09

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 09:20:00 AM »
Russ,

I'm on day 8 and yes it does get better. The first three or four days were real rough, but the haze has lifted a lot. Don't get me wrong there remains a lot of challenges ahead, but know this, they are different. Just keep getting through one day at a time. We can all do anything for 24 hours. You will love the way you feel in a few more days.

Maverick

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
There is a pretty good article on habits, willpower, and "the power of no" in the current issue of Time Magazine; read it last night. Unfortunately it looks like you have to be a subscriber to read it online:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 93,00.html

One of the more interesting assertions is the fact that up to 40% of our actions each day are either habitual or routine. That's just nuts to me, but I think it also makes a lot of sense -- it seems like daily life becomes routine one way or another. Think about it, when your 'routine' is disrupted, you tend to get a little agitated and stressed, until you're back to some form of routine.

I'm hanging out on Day 9 of my quit, trying to make tobacco-free my new 'norm', my new routine. Doing pretty good so far, some days are worse than others. One of the things that bothers me is that I've been using Smokey Mountain each and every day. Although it is better than using tobacco (it's tobacco free), it irritates me that I'm still stuffing some brown shit out of a tin into my lip umpteen times a day and still have spitters everywhere for this stuff. Is this really better?

Offline JesusSkywalker

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
Like a boss. You got this. 'Sno'

Offline tony

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: rgross298
Does this abate, does this ever get easier?  Do you ever reach a state where you're not thinking about who/what/when/where/how to get a damned dip in your mouth during every waking hour of your life?

--Russ
Eventually, the cravings will become less frequent. You'll have bumps in the road where they will come back, but you'll be more experienced and better able to fight them off by then. Have you read this?
http://killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp
Quit since 3/25/12

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:32:00 AM »
perfect....welcome to the quit!

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
Yes, I'm pretty sure I just did.

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:23:00 AM »
hey rg are you posting roll? if not go yo the welcome center above and learn how and start today!

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »
rock and roll! brother