Author Topic: Killing One Addicition and Beginning a New One  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Killing One Addicition and Beginning a New One
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Temptation's
Well, 3 days and no snuff but I been eating the hell outta seeds...Heres to ending one addicition and beginning another one!
You'll find that eventually you won't need seeds anymore. I thought I would need to eat them forever, but the need eventually passed. Don't worry about this new addiction because it is a hell of a lot better than putting that cancer shit in your mouth ever again.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
Well, 3 days and no snuff but I been eating the hell outta seeds...Heres to ending one addicition and beginning another one!
Attaboy my Brudda! Congratulations on the 3 days you should be proud that is one hell of an accomplishment. As for the seeds you have my permission to eat as many seeds, gum, lifesavers, and pussy as you want. Last I heard they are all nicotene free.

MOA
Choose one intro and then keep coming back to it as a kinda quit journal that you update as often as you wish. That way you have all your comments and questions together in one place. Your quit is on tract and don't worry about anything but staying nicotine free today for now! That is a tall order to fill!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Attaboy my Brudda! Congratulations on the 3 days you should be proud that is one hell of an accomplishment. As for the seeds you have my permission to eat as many seeds, gum, lifesavers, and pussy as you want. Last I heard they are all nicotene free.

MOA

Temptation's Wings

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
Quote from: sccrockett
Quit Like Fuck
Learn it!

Live it!

Love it!

But don't use it until you do it every day
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Deleted User (sccrockett)

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
Quit Like Fuck

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
Dumb question and the thread can be deleted soon, I was just wondering what QLF stood for? Ive seen it alot on here. Thanks guys!
This should answer your question.

BTW, welcome to the suck. Use this thread to ask anything you like. Give us a short intro here, and use this thread as your own little ranting space, if you want.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Temptation's Wings

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Dumb question and the thread can be deleted soon, I was just wondering what QLF stood for? Ive seen it alot on here. Thanks guys!

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
Ive also found that if i continue to drink water like a fucking camel, it seems to help some fo the cravings. Its only day 2 but the water, toothpicks, seeds and gum seem to keep me somewhat at bay...for now.
Drinking water does help, as does Cranberry juice. keep up the good quit, one day at a time
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Temptation's Wings

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
Ive also found that if i continue to drink water like a fucking camel, it seems to help some fo the cravings. Its only day 2 but the water, toothpicks, seeds and gum seem to keep me somewhat at bay...for now.

Temptation's Wings

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
Thansk for the info guys. I have tried the Smokey Mountain before and I just cann't do it. I think im gonna just try to stick with seeds, that way the fake shit wont be tempting me to cave. BTW, Skoal Monster, I loved the example you provided below. Give it a few more days and Im sure i'll feel like doing just that! HAve a good one guys, thanks, and one day at a time!

Offline indycolts727

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Hey guys,
any of you guys use the fake shit? if so, is there any particular brand you have found to be best? I use Bacc Off occasionally but wonder if any of the other stuff is better? thanks. Day 1 is half way over, and ive only chewed like 15 pieces of gum, lol.
You might want to also try sunflower seeds (the kind in the shell.) I know it sounds crazy, but I'm on Day 43 now, and after trying fake stuff (Hooch and Smokey Mountain) I switched to seeds. To me, the fake stuff was so much like the real stuff that it was actually giving me cravings. I like the seeds because it calms the 'oral fixation' part of not chewing. My mind knows that it doesn't need nicotene, but it's still not totally convinced that something 'needs' to be in my inner lip like doing things like playing Playstation, having a few beers, watching college football, etc.

No matter what you do, do whatever you need to do in order to STAY QUIT!! In a few weeks you will definitely say that it is worth it.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
Hey guys,
any of you guys use the fake shit? if so, is there any particular brand you have found to be best? I use Bacc Off occasionally but wonder if any of the other stuff is better? thanks. Day 1 is half way over, and ive only chewed like 15 pieces of gum, lol.
Smokey mountain seems to be the most popular, I think because its the most available. Walmart sells it, but be careful its mixed with the real shit. I preferred hooch personally, you can order some takes about 4 days to get there, so the smokey mountain can hold you over. Also heard good things about Jakes Mint
by mixed Bruce means it is located with the real shit, not actually tobacco mixed with Smokey mtn.

I find that placing a rabid honey badger covered in tabasco sauce and thumb tacks down the front of my tennis shorts to be an excellent diversion. It's less retarded than actually dipping and from what I can tell chicks are attracted to all the screaming and blood............ Errrr no, thats sharks, better stick with the fake.

'aqua'
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
Hey guys,
Smokey mountain seems to be the most popular, I think because its the most available. Walmart sells it, but be careful its mixed with the real shit. I preferred hooch personally, you can order some takes about 4 days to get there, so the smokey mountain can hold you over. Also heard good things about Jakes Mint
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline boog1964

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »
I use Smokey Mountain Classic, Wintergreen and Natural. So far it has made a huge difference in how I feel but I know I will have to get rid of it in the future. This is all that's available around me so it's all I know
QD 9/9/2012