Author Topic: My Quit Diary  (Read 4994 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: My Quit Diary
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Miles
Quote from: Colonel_No_Cope
Quote from: dgonseaux
I've got a question for all you vets. This is day 26 for me and I've been substituting coffee since around day 4 or 5. It's been in my lip pretty much constantly but last night I went a couple hours without it and had some pretty intense lip burn and snapped at my wife for the first time in a couple of days. Do I need to drop the coffee now or is it ok to continue and will it be easy to quit later?
Dude, let me tell you... if you are able to suffer thru coffee grounds in your lip for extended periods, and are now finding yourself irritable... well, the writing is on the wall.

No sense getting all wired out on caffeine... though in terms of trading "addictions", I don't see it that way.

I just know that caffeine overload gets someone hyper and irritable... now tack on the nic withdrawals, and you may be compounding your symptoms.

Thats my $.02 worth... try decaf, and see if your temper subsides a bit.

If you think you are ready to ween off the oral fixation, maybe its time to slide into seeds or gum or something less "dip" like.

Getting things out of your lip is the next logical step, and oh by the way... just think how much better you will sleep without caffeine coursing thru your veins. Your heart-rate will go down to something normal... and your brain will finally relax.

Oh the pleasant slumber it will be too... try it.
26 days is awesome brother! Awesome!

The caffeine from the coffee probably isn't very good for you but it's better than nicotine. Whatever it takes to keep nicotine out of your system.

A little further down the road I would start worrying about the oral fixation but th emost important thing for you right now is staying quit.

YOU ARE DOING IT BRO! WAY TO GO!!
Exactly.

26 days is freaking awesome, but don't move too quickly for yourself. The oral fixation will fade with time. I used fake snuff until the 130s, and still keep a bag of seeds in my office for work time cravings.

Do whatever you have to do to stay quit today.

There is also a fuck in the 20s that is quite nasty. It peaked on day 29 for me and I raged against everything and everyone.

The 20s funk is a result of your adreneline running out on your quit. For these past few weeks, you've drank, ate, and slept quit. The nic bitch is a patient whore though. She doesn't think you're serious, so she's bided her time. Now that you are 3 weeks (almost 4) in, she's getting impatient and shaking her titties at you. She wants back into your life hardcore, and she'll do anything to get back there.

You just have to remember that she is disease ridden, and probably running train with half of Pittsburgh. She might look good from afar, but there's a strong smell of semen, sweat, and Twinkies on her that you notice. The bitch is batshit insane, and she'll lock onto you and drain your bank accounts.

Bunker down and get through the day. It was your choice to let her into your life to begin with. Try not to take it out on your wife. That's what we're here for. We're big boys and we can dish it out and take it. Check your pm's for my number.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Colonel_No_Cope
I've got a question for all you vets. This is day 26 for me and I've been substituting coffee since around day 4 or 5. It's been in my lip pretty much constantly but last night I went a couple hours without it and had some pretty intense lip burn and snapped at my wife for the first time in a couple of days. Do I need to drop the coffee now or is it ok to continue and will it be easy to quit later?
Dude, let me tell you... if you are able to suffer thru coffee grounds in your lip for extended periods, and are now finding yourself irritable... well, the writing is on the wall.

No sense getting all wired out on caffeine... though in terms of trading "addictions", I don't see it that way.

I just know that caffeine overload gets someone hyper and irritable... now tack on the nic withdrawals, and you may be compounding your symptoms.

If you think you are ready to ween off the oral fixation, maybe its time to slide into seeds or gum or something less "dip" like.

Getting things out of your lip is the next logical step, and oh by the way... just think how much better you will sleep without caffeine coursing thru your veins. Your heart-rate will go down to something normal... and your brain will finally relax.

26 days is awesome brother! Awesome!

The caffeine from the coffee probably isn't very good for you but it's better than nicotine. Whatever it takes to keep nicotine out of your system.

A little further down the road I would start worrying about the oral fixation but th emost important thing for you right now is staying quit.

YOU ARE DOING IT BRO! WAY TO GO!!
I quit with with you all!

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »

Offline dgonseaux

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
My Quit Diary
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
Nic Quit: February 23rd, 2012
Alchohol Quit: July 27, 2011
KTP Quit: January 5th, 2013

You are more than the choices that you?ve made
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes
You are more than the problems you create
You?ve been remade

-Tenth Avenue North - You Are More

It's worth the pain, God's in the rain. It's not to late to start again, it's worth the pain.
So hold on tonight, there's grace. When you're at wits end, begging for it, He'll take you by the hand. There's grace.

-Disciple - Worth the Pain

Phillipians 4:13