Author Topic: Need support.  (Read 15693 times)

Offline rossb1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Need support.
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Rawls,
Wouldn't suggest drugs either. Sounds like you are doing without alcohol also. I quit alcohol cold turkey in 1995. Took me this long to quit dip. Both at the same time would be rough.
Hang in there ! I am sure you can make it

rossb1

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Just a quick question, been feeling anxious. In the morning all is great, as day progresses, feeling of lump in my throat. Went to ENT doctor all good. Not sure if it's the tobacco or no alcohol. Drinking tons of water, exercising as much as I can. Dr. Thought I should try some Prozac? Just don't want to get hooked on something else... did tall feel anxious, and or use any meds?
Rawls,
Can't speak for others here, but I wouldn't advise on meds as part of a quit regime. You've got the right idea with water and exercise. Get outside as much as possible. You will encounter dip triggers everywhere you go. Take joy in destroying them one by one as you replace those feelings with healthier alternatives. My recipe was more trips to the gym, manual work and chores outside (we live in the country), and shitloads of water, fruit and regular sugarless chewing gum. Find out works for you and you will make it. Also, never, ever, ever miss roll call. PM me if you have any questions or need anything.
ZillahCowboy.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Just a quick question, been feeling anxious. In the morning all is great, as day progresses, feeling of lump in my throat. Went to ENT doctor all good. Not sure if it's the tobacco or no alcohol. Drinking tons of water, exercising as much as I can. Dr. Thought I should try some Prozac? Just don't want to get hooked on something else... did tall feel anxious, and or use any meds?
Anxiety can and does plague many quitters. With the help from meds under the direction of a good professional quitting can be made less stressful. Just remember to take quitting one day at a time.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
I believe.....

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
Thanks for the help. Will do.
I believe.....

Offline rossb1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-01
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
Hi Rawls,
I'm in your Feb group. Always good to have one more quitter our group. Just like Sox told you, be sure to post early every day and read what a lot of members have left here for you. It sure has helped me thru some rough times. Day 57 for me and feeling great.
I just went through the holidays, the in-laws, and seven teeth pulled Monday and still quit.
If you need any help PM myself or any member and we will help.

rossb1

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
Hi Rawls,

Good to see you are almost 6 weeks quit. You will be in February '15 PreHOF group. When you post roll in there, just put your name and your quit date. You will be a shot in the arm for that group.

Just read as much as you can on here. Words of Wisdom, HOF speeches, and other intros will help you mentally with your quit. You will be entering a stretch where you may be feeling bad again. It usually happens around day 70.

If you post roll every day and be active on KTC, you will have no problem staying quit. We are all addicts and we can never have "just one".

Soxffn
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
Need support.
« on: December 27, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Rawls here, in search for community to help drop the addictions. Family owned John Deere dealership and started dipping and buying Snap on Tools 38 years ago. Have quit alone hundreds of times, ready to do what it takes with a good group of successful quilters. Ready to shut up and listen. Quit 40 days ago, only because I was in hospital, with viral lung infection for 9 days. Thinking it's a hidden blessing that it happened and gave me a good head start on stopping. Clean, but need support.
I believe.....