Author Topic: toddrn2006-New Quitter  (Read 4849 times)

Offline toddrn2006

• Interests: Sports-Football, Wrestling, Baseball Coaching Rec. LeagueHunting-Deer, Squirrel, Rabbit, Groundhog, CoyoteFishing-Trout, FlyDual Sports and Dirt Bikes Team YamahaChurch-BaptistCamping-Pop-up CampingCall of Duty Badass
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: toddrn2006-New Quitter
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
One more thing, or two: 1) Best herbal? Already tried Smokey Mtn-Ok best so far I guess, weird texture, weird taste and Bacc OFF-not a fan so much flavor gone too soon, Oregon Mint-rubs my gum raw, like the taste and it last, but the rub is pretty bad on an already raw gumline. Any thoughts on Hooch?
2) Not clear about posting roll. Any link aval.?

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Quote from: toddrn2006
I am here. Took the patch off. Real tired today. Slight headache. Eyes feel blurry but not really blurry. Using fake dip. Cant think/focus well. After meals is a bitch. :blink:
glad you finally made the choice to be a quitter Todd.
You are going through the suck right now, cleansing your body of poisons. This will take a few days. Drink water, exercise. The fog may last a while longer as your brain starts to re-wire to life without nicotine. Many quitters have made it through both, so can you. But you got to want your quit more than you want to return to chew.
Don't focus on your loss of tobacco or how much you miss it. Focus on reading about your addiction, learning why all those fond memories of chewing are false, just another nic lie to keep you using...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline toddrn2006

• Interests: Sports-Football, Wrestling, Baseball Coaching Rec. LeagueHunting-Deer, Squirrel, Rabbit, Groundhog, CoyoteFishing-Trout, FlyDual Sports and Dirt Bikes Team YamahaChurch-BaptistCamping-Pop-up CampingCall of Duty Badass
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
You guys sure this is the best way? Without a taper, it seems all shitty. I am quitting or I wouldnt have gone this far. I am tired and tired of dipping. It is so hard to focus. This sucks so bad. I really didnt realize how the nicotine really affected me. I guess when your on it you dont feel it. I dred the constipation most of all. Will I ever be not so tired?

Offline toddrn2006

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
I am here. Took the patch off. Real tired today. Slight headache. Eyes feel blurry but not really blurry. Using fake dip. Cant think/focus well. After meals is a bitch. :blink:

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
Quote from: rickddd
Come on, Todd, lets do this bro. Dont wait until your health is ruined to quit. You dont want this:
http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures ... -pictures/

Take your life back, man - the freedom is amazing! Its not as bad as that little voice in your head is telling you - But you do have to do the work to get there. So how 'bout it?
I think its a waist of time trying with this guy.. He never even logged back it after 1:30 yesterday. He doesn't have it in him to quit. He likes living in canville where your master is the poison.

You got to reach deep you want to quit. The easy out is suckling with the poison. Maybe another year or two he'll come back if its not to late.

The poison has taken more from him than he even knows.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
Come on, Todd, lets do this bro. Dont wait until your health is ruined to quit. You dont want this:
http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures ... -pictures/

Take your life back, man - the freedom is amazing! Its not as bad as that little voice in your head is telling you - But you do have to do the work to get there. So how 'bout it?
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
How long do you think the withdraw from nicotine lasts? They may have to lock me up in a room somewhere. How long before things feel remotely normal?
Whats up, Todd? Did you rip that patch off and quit yet? lots of us here are waiting to quit with you, right along side of you today. Let us know where you're at, bro.
'Popcorn'
Just read that you might be patching it up. I hope I misread because you are waisting your time and giving another dealer money for nicotine. Have no idea on how long until you swear off nicotine completely.

Quit and its 72hours on withdrawls. Then its all emotional gaming. Feeling better hit me at 30.

So if you are patching it up. You will feel like shit until you stop patching and fight through 30 day.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 06:09:00 PM »
How long do you think the withdraw from nicotine lasts? They may have to lock me up in a room somewhere. How long before things feel remotely normal?
Whats up, Todd? Did you rip that patch off and quit yet? lots of us here are waiting to quit with you, right along side of you today. Let us know where you're at, bro.
'Popcorn'
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »

I'm a 30-year dipper of copenhagen, from age 15 to 45, and now I'm quit for 227 days. If I can do this, you can too. But you have to take the first step. Its the best decision you will ever make for yourself.
COMMA! 10/2/2015

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
Welcome Toddrn. You've got some great advice from some bad ass quitters,,, nothing i can add really.

Now if you don't mind i would like to talk to your master. If you do mind to bad, you aren't in control of anything, it is.

Poison, I hate you. I'm so glad i took my life back from you. You had me bound for to long. I hope my friend toddrm sees you for what you really are before its to late. I hope he eventually can see that all you do is take until there is nothing left. I hope my friend listens to all this sound advice and takes his life back. I hope my friend here stops giving you his hard earned money, while you steel his freedom, integrity and cause him to question his dignity. I'm so happy now that your out of my life.

Screw the poison, screw any and every form it comes in. Join me toddrn,, you won't be sorry. If you don't , you will!!

Rip that patch off and quit,, you got nothing to lose, everything to gain. i would love to quit with you today. Your move....
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Glad you are here.. You don't need the patch. It is just the evil nic-bitch finding a way to get nicotine into you. Just trash the patch, tell the nic-bitch that you are done with her for today, post roll and start living life as a free man.

You got some great advice from others as well. Read, read, read, drink a lot of water, have sunflower seeds, fake chew, coffee beans, whatever at hand. Exchange digits with anybody and everybody on here.
PM me and I will send you mine.

Offline mobius122

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Todd,

Glad to see you made the choice to quit. I myself made the choice almost a month ago (four days short to be exact). Just wanted to say a couple things that were said to me;

1. Quit the nic patch. You don't need it. Put on your big boy pants and man up. Plenty of us here have done it, no reason you can't. It's not easy, but it can be done.

2. Think about your family, how bad will life suck for them if you get cancer and leave this world? That thought alone helped me a ton.

3. Post roll every day. It might sound stupid, but it helps.

4. Find a quit buddy, someone who can keep you accountable. Swap digits. Text or call when you're having a rough day. If you can't find anyone PM me, I'll hold your feet to the fire : )

5. As I said before, be a man. As a man our word is our bond. You owe it to yourself to stay quit. If you say your'e going to do something, then do it.

Hope I didn't come off as a turd, and I truly mean no disrespect. Some things just need to be said. But seriously if you can't find a quit buddy pm me.

Congrats on your decision, it's awesome to get your life back!

Mobi

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
ToddRN,

I chewed for 20 years and for the last five years of my addiction I attempted to quit literally dozens of times. I tried everything, including nicotine gum. KTC's ways are the only thing that worked for me.

Here are a couple of things to note:

-Your free will IS stronger than your brain's current addiction to nicotine.
-Nicotine withdrawal isn't the terrifying white-knuckle nightmare that you're anticipating. It isn't easy, but you can do it.
-Quit now. Enough is enough. Dig down deep and find some rage for the chemical that has enslaved you your whole life.
-Jump head first into KTC. Exchange phone numbers, READ from the introduction pages, and get your head right.
-Remember the two rules of this place: Post roll every damn morning, and honor your promise.

Don't think about hunting, fishing, etc. Just worry about today.

I can't wait to see what you have to say on Day 7.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline ross8yrs

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
One thing you DONT wanna do is think further ahead than today. Thinking about how hard it is to quit "forever" will surely kill your quit in the early stages.

Our mantra here is One Day At A Time (ODAAT). Don't worry about forever, next week, or even tomorrow - just quit today. Thats all. Do whatever you need to do to get thru today without nicotine. when you wake up tomorrow, you will do the same thing - but dont worry about that today.
I concur,

Thinking beyond today is a daunting overwhelming thought. But Today, even this hour, You can handle not dipping for an hour. You can handle not dipping for a day. I am speaking from what i went through, I am still going through. Its not impossible, it is very possible to kick the nic bitch's ass. Many many vets on here to prove it.

There is no magic pill or potion that will make all they cravings go away, its the sheer will and determination, to not let a poisonous, cancerous weed control every single aspect of your life. Get angry at her, take all your frustrations out on her (nic bitch, lil monster, depending on who you're talking to). Its easy to be snippy at loved ones, friends and co workers. Remember its not them making you ornery.

PM me if you need anything

Thanks

Ross
One day, sometimes one hour at a time.

NEVER give in

Quit Date: 6-21-2013

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
One thing you DONT wanna do is think further ahead than today. Thinking about how hard it is to quit "forever" will surely kill your quit in the early stages.

Our mantra here is One Day At A Time (ODAAT). Don't worry about forever, next week, or even tomorrow - just quit today. Thats all. Do whatever you need to do to get thru today without nicotine. when you wake up tomorrow, you will do the same thing - but dont worry about that today.

PS: to answer your question, it gets better the further you get into your quit. You can still have difficult moments anytime you're quit. But they get fewer and farther between, and they decrease in intensity over time, the longer you are quit.
I rarely ever have a crave nowadays, and when I do I laugh at it because I know there's no way I"m gonna mess up my quit.

SO just quit today, and keep quitting for today, everyday, and you will get there!
COMMA! 10/2/2015