Author Topic: this isn't so hard  (Read 4639 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: this isn't so hard
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
Quote from: fast94
Ill try, can't get on a computer everyday and i just tried and it is so much trouble to post from my phone. Oh had a job interview today with Walmart i got the job. I really don't want to work for them but it's better than nothing right now. Had a talk with the manager at advance autobecause i know him and every employee at that store very good, he is going to have a look at my application.hopefully i can get that job andbe doing what i know best and love, cars!
Not going to cut it, you're 19...if I can post on my phone, you can, too. It's a pain the first couple times but you'll get the hang of it. You HAVE TO POST EVERY DAMN DAY if you want this to work. If you're going to half-ass it, this might not be the place for you.
Don't just mail it in, Fast, own it!
And congrats on the job, you have to have one to get one sometimes.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline fast94

• Interests: anything that goes vroom and is fast!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
Ill try, can't get on a computer everyday and i just tried and it is so much trouble to post from my phone. Oh had a job interview today with Walmart i got the job. I really don't want to work for them but it's better than nothing right now. Had a talk with the manager at advance autobecause i know him and every employee at that store very good, he is going to have a look at my application.hopefully i can get that job andbe doing what i know best and love, cars!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
posting roll
Atta boy. Keep it rolling. Don't be a fart.

Every fucking day.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
I like the confidence. I like the fact that you are quitting at 19. I like that you're concerned with looking good for the ladies - nothing else should matter to a 19 year old other than getting laid. Hahaha. Having said that, never confuse confidence with complacency. Keep your foot down. Bury this shit. I mean stomp the Nic bitch in the teeth every fuckin day. The amount of guys on KTC that wish they had quit at 19 is endless. You can do it right now. Take roll very seriously - post everyday. Own it. When you are 25, 40, 50, whatever it is - tobacco use can be an ancient memory for you. Kill it man.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline fast94

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
posting roll

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Where you at, sport?
I'm starting to get whiff of something in the wind i think.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Where you at, sport?
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 03:09:00 AM »
I honestly didn't come here for help, I just remembered reading about this site a while back, don't know how I found it and I figured hey might as well join since quitting is such a big deal. And honestly it really hasn't been that hard, this time atleast, the last time I tried to quit but people (my long time dipping buddy) kept offering it to me after I told them not to and I finally gave in. This time not so bad, I guess I've pretty much set my mind on it and it's gonna happen, I have been offered twice since I quit but happily turned that down. I don't smoke or anything, I quit smoking in highschool after I realized how uncool it was and how much I didn't like it lol. My last dip was on January 31, 2014. I finished my last can of Copenhagen, the next day instead of scrounging for change (I just left my job) and rushing to the store to buy a can I just said to myself I'm finally quitting. Not having a job anymore kinda helps because I really don't have the money to buy a can everyday but last time I somehow found a way to support my habit.

So what is this roll call? I might as well do it since I'm here.
Fast-J - Good to have you aboard, and look forward to seeing you post roll with the May 2014 quit group tomorrow. Not trying to sound like a dick, but I hope your quit is not as laid-back as you're making it out to be thus far. Reason is simple: the shittier the withdrawal ("the suck"), the longer you will remember it, and the more committed you will be to not go back to the poison down the road. On the flipside, if you coast through your quit, the more convinced you'll become that you can quit anytime, anywhere, and the addiction will reel you in.

Like many others, I wish I had the conviction that you seem to have when I was your age -- I treated the "habit" like a light switch that I could turn on and off at will. I only realized a few weeks ago that the light had been on for over 20 years, and I never had the power to turn if off. Sorry for the lame metaphor, and stay true to your quit.

Offline adam1974

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: slug.go
I honestly didn't come here for help, I just remembered reading about this site a while back, don't know how I found it and I figured hey might as well join since quitting is such a big deal. And honestly it really hasn't been that hard, this time atleast, the last time I tried to quit but people (my long time dipping buddy) kept offering it to me after I told them not to and I finally gave in. This time not so bad, I guess I've pretty much set my mind on it and it's gonna happen, I have been offered twice since I quit but happily turned that down. I don't smoke or anything, I quit smoking in highschool after I realized how uncool it was and how much I didn't like it lol. My last dip was on January 31, 2014. I finished my last can of Copenhagen, the next day instead of scrounging for change (I just left my job) and rushing to the store to buy a can I just said to myself I'm finally quitting. Not having a job anymore kinda helps because I really don't have the money to buy a can everyday but last time I somehow found a way to support my habit.

Fast,
Start by going here, index.php?showforum=13
Not a lot to read, but a lot of good information. You'll be posting in the May 2014 Quit Group since you'll reach the HOF in May (100 days nic free).
Scour this website, show up in chat and learn all you can,
1.Post every day
2. No nicotine in any form
3. Repeat.
Welcome aboard the May crazy train!
It's absolutely fantastic to see someone quit nicotine at such a young age. It is such a smart move on your part. Congratulations! What you are doing is heroic compared to about 90% of other nicotine users in your age range. They are statistically doomed to a long term addiction and severe health consequences. So in all seriousness, good for you!

My advice to you is to really embrace the program here, especially if you want to quit for life. Because we quit for life here at KTC. I hope that you are all in on this, I really do. And I hope that you know that your choice to quit is probably the smartest thing you will ever do for yourself.

Quick question for you if you don't mind: Do you think that you are addicted to nicotine?
Please be the first 19 year old to come through here to stick around and remain active and quit.
Because you sure as hell ain't the first cocky teenager to roll through here talking about how easy their quit was, only to disappear like a fart in the wind.

Post roll and stick around. Renew my faith in the youth of America.

Please!
Diesel is the culture shock that every addicted mind needs to come and listen to when they make the decision to end their slavery.

At least for me! Thanks again Diesel; 371 today.
My Hall of Fame Speech:

http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=8374

11th Floor: February 15th, 2016
First Comma: November 7, 2015
9th Floor: July 30, 2015
8th Floor: April 21, 2015
7th Floor: January 11, 2015
6th Floor: October 3, 2014
5th Floor: June 25, 2014
4th Floor: Mar 17, 2014
3rd Floor: Dec 7, 2013
2nd Floor: Aug 29, 2013
HOF: May 21, 2013
Quit: Feb 11, 2013

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws

Fast,
Not a lot to read, but a lot of good information. You'll be posting in the May 2014 Quit Group since you'll reach the HOF in May (100 days nic free).
1.Post every day
3. Repeat.
It's absolutely fantastic to see someone quit nicotine at such a young age. It is such a smart move on your part. Congratulations! What you are doing is heroic compared to about 90% of other nicotine users in your age range. They are statistically doomed to a long term addiction and severe health consequences. So in all seriousness, good for you!

My advice to you is to really embrace the program here, especially if you want to quit for life. Because we quit for life here at KTC. I hope that you are all in on this, I really do. And I hope that you know that your choice to quit is probably the smartest thing you will ever do for yourself.

Quick question for you if you don't mind: Do you think that you are addicted to nicotine?
Please be the first 19 year old to come through here to stick around and remain active and quit.
Because you sure as hell ain't the first cocky teenager to roll through here talking about how easy their quit was, only to disappear like a fart in the wind.

Post roll and stick around. Renew my faith in the youth of America.

Please!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »

Fast,
1.Post every day
3. Repeat.

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »

Fast,
1.Post every day
3. Repeat.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline fast94

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Talk is cheap....and easy....staying nicotine free and posting everyday is not.... What is your quit plan? Are you posting Roll? Good choice to quit, but you better use all the tools offered here....and be ready to fight.
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
This intro has "epic fail" written all over it. Young, cocky, and quitting for all the wrong reasons. If you think this is a piece of cake, then why bother posting an intro or coming here for help as srans points out? If you have this all figured out then prove me wrong by calling out your weak ass intro. Prove to me and everyone on this site that you can post roll and stay quit for 100 days in a row. If you prove me wrong then I'll gladly put my foot in my mouth and congratulate you.
Certified Grade A Badass