Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1940 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
Re: Intro
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »
Hey Folks -
I have been dipping for about 8 years. I started to occasionally dip in college because my roommate would do it. Then I started associating dipping with everything... when I drove, when I studied, etc. Within a year the "occasional dip" became an addiction that I couldn't go without.

That changes today. I decided I am done with my addiction. I will not let this own me any more.
I am tough enough to quit and I WILL QUIT.

Welcome gdotdylan,

You have made a wise decision.  Head on over to your quit group HERE.  Find the most recent Roll Post and post your promise to remain nicotine free for the rest of the day.  Keep your word, return tomorrow morning and repeat.  We quit one day at a time, every damn day.  Wake Up, Piss, Post your promise is the mantra.  That means you don't wait until the day is half over to post your promise.  You post it early in the day, taking nicotine off the table for the day.

Get to know the other bad ass quitters in July and exchange phone numbers with them in private message.  Those numbers are your life line.  Keep them with you at all times so you have a way of contacting someone if you are in a bad spot.  Those numbers also are a means to building brotherhood with the other members of this site.

If you would like mine, please send me a PM and I will be happy to oblige.

Proud to quit with you,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline gdotdylan

• Quitter
  • Clear Eyes - Quit Dip - Can't Lose.
  • Quit Date: 4/23/19
  • Likes Given: 1
Intro
« on: April 23, 2019, 02:27:38 PM »
Hey Folks -
I have been dipping for about 8 years. I started to occasionally dip in college because my roommate would do it. Then I started associating dipping with everything... when I drove, when I studied, etc. Within a year the "occasional dip" became an addiction that I couldn't go without.

That changes today. I decided I am done with my addiction. I will not let this own me any more.
I am tough enough to quit and I WILL QUIT.