Author Topic: Just need to do it once and for all  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 483
Re: Just need to do it once and for all
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 05:16:35 PM »
@Hoopsguy42, if you can make 6 months, you can make the rest of your life. Only notable difference of your past quits is that you didn’t promise daily, you didn’t have a brotherhood of people depending on you and you depending on them that I know of. Get some digits and talk to your brothers daily. It helps man. The daily promises via text and posts certainly makes one feel accountable.
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 4236
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 10:14:32 PM »
First trip to the gas station since joining this site. Thought about you all and this site as I sat outside and did NOT fall to temptation. Thankful for you all!
That’s an awesome win @Hoopsguy42
I hate c-stores! Nice work!

Great job. Do whatever it takes to avoid posting a day one again. I had my wife and kids go with me fort support early in my quit.
Jan19

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:19 PM »
First trip to the gas station since joining this site. Thought about you all and this site as I sat outside and did NOT fall to temptation. Thankful for you all!
That’s an awesome win @Hoopsguy42
I hate c-stores! Nice work!

Offline Hoopsguy42

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 06:54:49 PM »

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 05:25:30 PM »
Hey @Hoopsguy42
Coaching is a major trigger for me as well (although much less stressful at the youth level).  Good news is that it's possible to stay in those situations and not have a dip.  Read everything you can here, drink lots of water, exercise, and you can push through the muck.  PM me for digits if you like.  You got this brother.
PTBQWYT my friend.

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
Whats up guys. 23 years old, been dipping on and off since I was a junior in HS. I have said internally that I 'quit' probably a dozen times now. Sometimes that lasts a week, a month, or 6 months, but every time I have slipped up again and re-ignited the bad habit. The last 2-3 times that I started dipping again, I immediately felt the effects. I get bulky canker sores in my mouth and my gums sometimes bleed when I brush my teeth.

I've got a pretty sweet job (coaching basketball) where my boss dips constantly. I also drink a ton of coffee from Oct-Apr and often stay in the office late by myself, so the temptation is strong and constant. But I am tired of being controlled by it. There are better ways to deal with stress and I don't need to put my future in danger. I know the mindset to take is 'one day at a time....', I just hope I can. Lots of long bus rides this season but I'm tired of being controlled by a $3 aluminum can every 2 days. Thank you guys for reading this and wish me luck in this quit journey!
@Hoopsguy42 welcome to KTC. You don't have a habit. You are a drug addict and nicotine is your drug. Go post your promise in February. We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nic free first thing in the morning. Then just keep your word and repeat the following day. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out. Only exchange digits through messages and not on the forum. You can do this if you follow the program. Here is the link for posting roll.  https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15988.0
@Hoopsguy42 Welcome to the best decision of your life.  Need to post roll, let me know if I can help.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 4236
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:03:55 AM »
Whats up guys. 23 years old, been dipping on and off since I was a junior in HS. I have said internally that I 'quit' probably a dozen times now. Sometimes that lasts a week, a month, or 6 months, but every time I have slipped up again and re-ignited the bad habit. The last 2-3 times that I started dipping again, I immediately felt the effects. I get bulky canker sores in my mouth and my gums sometimes bleed when I brush my teeth.

I've got a pretty sweet job (coaching basketball) where my boss dips constantly. I also drink a ton of coffee from Oct-Apr and often stay in the office late by myself, so the temptation is strong and constant. But I am tired of being controlled by it. There are better ways to deal with stress and I don't need to put my future in danger. I know the mindset to take is 'one day at a time....', I just hope I can. Lots of long bus rides this season but I'm tired of being controlled by a $3 aluminum can every 2 days. Thank you guys for reading this and wish me luck in this quit journey!
@Hoopsguy42 welcome to KTC. You don't have a habit. You are a drug addict and nicotine is your drug. Go post your promise in February. We wake up, piss, and post our promise to stay nic free first thing in the morning. Then just keep your word and repeat the following day. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out. Only exchange digits through messages and not on the forum. You can do this if you follow the program. Here is the link for posting roll.  https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15988.0
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:09:17 AM by Keith0617 »
Jan19

Offline Hoopsguy42

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 8
Just need to do it once and for all
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:42:48 AM »