Author Topic: First post  (Read 8633 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First post
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
I'm 25 days into the rest of my life without nicotine. I finally figured out my power in my quit. It is to hate the nic bitch. I never thought of her that way until I came to KTC but I thought she was my friend, constant companion, helper, seductress. I thought I enjoyed being with her and being controlled by her. She was an evil whore that just wanted to kill me, take my money, lower my self-esteem and make my family take a back seat.
Now that I realize I hate that bitch...she will never touch me again.
I will eat every sunflower seed on the planet if that is what it takes!
Nic free forever....I quit!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Etxaggie
Quote from: Doc
Second day to post roll. The cigs are history. Nicotine is gone for good! I QUIT!
Way to go Doc! Now you're all in.

Shoot me a PM if you need anything. I quit w/ you!
Good job. Post roll with pledge not to use nicotine each morning and then just honor your word. If you do that and make some friends here you cannot fail.
Welcome to Project Mayhem, Doc!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Etxaggie
Second day to post roll. The cigs are history. Nicotine is gone for good! I QUIT!

Good job. Post roll with pledge not to use nicotine each morning and then just honor your word. If you do that and make some friends here you cannot fail.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »

Quit 12/31/2013

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
I posted roll today. Guess I'm showing my age cause have a bit of a hard time navigating the site but I think I'm getting the hang of it. About to leave the office and will shit can the shit sticks ASAP. You guys are right. Don't need to prove anything except that I quit!
Thanks!
Smart move. That crap polluted your life for far too long. Freedom... Taste it bro.
Great decision Doc! Welcome aboard. Let us know when you dump your stash. Quit with you all day long.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
I posted roll today. Guess I'm showing my age cause have a bit of a hard time navigating the site but I think I'm getting the hang of it. About to leave the office and will shit can the shit sticks ASAP. You guys are right. Don't need to prove anything except that I quit!
Thanks!

Smart move. That crap polluted your life for far too long. Freedom... Taste it bro.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
Thanks!
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Doc... get in and post roll ASAP. That is what tells us you are quit.

As stated... dump those cigars. Hanging onto them is a rationalization that an addict uses to do stupid shit. Would you recommend an alcoholic roll around with a 5th of Jim Beam just so he could prove something to himself? Or how about someome trying to lose weight... maybe they should carry around a bag of chips, a big gulp and 16 twinkees - not eat them, but doing that will prove they are serious about cutting those last 10 lbs.

Sounds pretty stupid don't it. Fact is, all of us here at KTC... we all did the same stuff. "I will quit tomorrow"... "Just this last dip, then I will quit"... "Chewing is safer than cigarettes, so I will do that."

All addict lies and rationalizations. All of it is BS. Need to put that all behind you when you quit.

Dump those cigars, post roll and quit with us today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Ginet
Glad you're quit. And I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you absolutely have to flush the cigars. No point at all in keeping those around.
Welcome. I agree with Grizz....go ahead and get rid of those cigars. You will have plenty of temptation, so there is no need to keep them around You can prove yourself by posting roll and keeping your promise.
Welcome: I agree with these ^^^^ fine quitters. You have only one thing to prove to yourself. You prove that by posting roll and keeping the poison out of your pie hole.

Interesting facts on cigars. Look them up.

1 cigar can contain as much nicotine as one pack of cigarettes.
A lot of individuals think that the nicotine intake is not as much as a cigarette because you don't inhale. FALSE! The nicotine enters through your saliva glands not your lungs.

What i'm getting at is one cigar can kill a quit. Get rid of them. You don't need them around to prove your self. That's ridiculous! Glad to be quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »
Glad you're quit. And I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you absolutely have to flush the cigars. No point at all in keeping those around.
Welcome. I agree with Grizz....go ahead and get rid of those cigars. You will have plenty of temptation, so there is no need to keep them around You can prove yourself by posting roll and keeping your promise.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Welcome Doc ..... Very similar timeframe as you. Once day at a time
I am on day 10 .... Doing well. The fake stuff I actually find useful ... Hooch is the best I have found and only use it now and then.

Wonder if we have a list of everyone's profession - you are a Vet , I
Am a CPA ...

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
Hi Ya'll,
Not sure how to do this but thought I would give a try. I quit on Feb. 6, 2014. I began chewing when I was 12 years old. That was 36 years ago and that nasty shit has been a part of my life ever since. I was good at chewing and had chewed nearly everything at some point. Mainly Cope until I quit about 12 years ago. That was the only time I tried to quit until now and was successful until I thought I would shove a Swisher Sweet Outlaw Cigar in my mouth to help with the cravings. 12 years later I was biting chunks of the cigars off and had a piece in my mouth at all times except when eating and sleeping. My employees and spouse didn't even realize that I chewed. I was a closet chewer I guess but didn't hide it that much.
I am a veterinarian, outdoorsman, cattle rancher...and chewing has been associated with everything I have ever done.
I am absolutely resolute in my quit and realize how evil that shit is and will not let it get a toe-hold on me again!
I have always thought I could do anything if I put my mind to it but quitting eluded me. I have a 12 year old son and a 6 year old daughter and if I am not there for them ever because I was too big of a pussy and couldn't quit, then I should rot in hell. What more motivation could I possibly need than these two perfect children (my opinion:).
I visited this site as a lurker the day I quit and want to thank everyone involved for helping me so far. Just reading the site and seeing the pictures and stories of what chew has done to people was enough for me to start my quit.
I am doing pretty well so far although the "oral fixation thing" is driving me crazy. I hate gum (pop it constantly and my jaw hurts), sunflower seeds making my mouth sore and giving me the shits, mints I chew up, and all the fake chew (nicotine free) is gross and doesn't make me feel like I am quit. Jerky chew gets old quick. Still...worth every bit to be quit!
Didn't sleep well for a few days but was oddly reinvigorated with lots of cheer and energy from knowing that I will beat the beast!
I still have some of the cigars around because I don't feel like I am quit unless I can withstand the temptation. I had to laugh yesterday, though, as I purely by habit started to grab a cigar when I got in the truck.
Sorry, I feel like this is rambling and very long winded.
In short, thanks! We will do this!
Hmmm...yes, just as I thought, Doc. You're an addict. And that means you're in the right spot. We're the bad-ass kind of addicts...the ones who know and control it. You can do it to. ONE DAY AT A TIME. Just make it through today. We'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Post roll, give your word, keep it all day and repeat. Oh, and enjoy your freedom!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
Hi Ya'll,
Not sure how to do this but thought I would give a try. I quit on Feb. 6, 2014. I began chewing when I was 12 years old. That was 36 years ago and that nasty shit has been a part of my life ever since. I was good at chewing and had chewed nearly everything at some point. Mainly Cope until I quit about 12 years ago. That was the only time I tried to quit until now and was successful until I thought I would shove a Swisher Sweet Outlaw Cigar in my mouth to help with the cravings. 12 years later I was biting chunks of the cigars off and had a piece in my mouth at all times except when eating and sleeping. My employees and spouse didn't even realize that I chewed. I was a closet chewer I guess but didn't hide it that much.
I am a veterinarian, outdoorsman, cattle rancher...and chewing has been associated with everything I have ever done.
I am absolutely resolute in my quit and realize how evil that shit is and will not let it get a toe-hold on me again!
I have always thought I could do anything if I put my mind to it but quitting eluded me. I have a 12 year old son and a 6 year old daughter and if I am not there for them ever because I was too big of a pussy and couldn't quit, then I should rot in hell. What more motivation could I possibly need than these two perfect children (my opinion:).
I visited this site as a lurker the day I quit and want to thank everyone involved for helping me so far. Just reading the site and seeing the pictures and stories of what chew has done to people was enough for me to start my quit.
I am doing pretty well so far although the "oral fixation thing" is driving me crazy. I hate gum (pop it constantly and my jaw hurts), sunflower seeds making my mouth sore and giving me the shits, mints I chew up, and all the fake chew (nicotine free) is gross and doesn't make me feel like I am quit. Jerky chew gets old quick. Still...worth every bit to be quit!
Didn't sleep well for a few days but was oddly reinvigorated with lots of cheer and energy from knowing that I will beat the beast!
I still have some of the cigars around because I don't feel like I am quit unless I can withstand the temptation. I had to laugh yesterday, though, as I purely by habit started to grab a cigar when I got in the truck.
Sorry, I feel like this is rambling and very long winded.
In short, thanks! We will do this!
I'm with slug on that. Get in here and post roll. You sound like our kind of quitter!! 31+ year dippin fool here too!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18