Author Topic: First post  (Read 8631 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First post
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks Guys.Didnt Mean To Come Across Like a Snivelng Bitch. Guess What I Meant Is That I Am Humbled By All Of This...And That Is A Good Thing.
Posting From This Phone Sucks!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Doc
Thought I'd give a little update. Been quit 32 days and doing pretty well. Haven't even considered caving. I hate the nic bitch with a passion!
I think I'm doing pretty well considering I used for 36+ years but I don't want to get cocky or complacent. I know that the knowledge I have found on this site as well as the brotherhood has made my quit stronger.
I'm kinda concerned about my use of the crutches. I'm more gross now than I was when I used. I know that Smokey Mtn and seeds aren't as bad as nic in anyway but I am not gaining on the oral fixation thing.
I have found it hard to get involved at times in the site though. Don't really feel worthy to give anyone advice yet. I read a lot and sympathize with the newbies. Once in a while I feel compelled to throw my two cents in.
I find it amazing how much of a bond quitting this addiction can give us. For instance, srans has given me some good ol' "attaboy" advice and it made me feel that I really knew him. Then I saw that he was going through a hard time and my heart bled for him. This place is amazing!
Guess what I'm trying to say is "THANKS".

BTW the other day I was in the quick stop that I always purchased my nic at and was stocking up on seeds and Smokey mtn and discussing how my quit was going with the gal behind the counter when a stranger walked up and asked how long I'd been quit. He was quit 2 years. It was like an instant bond.
QLF!
Great job. 32 days means your winning. Your right where you should be my friend. I started questioning my use of crutches right about the same time you are. Chunked the fake around day 40 and i think i used it one more time in the 70's. YOUR in control my friend. Here's a thought; use the fake if you need to. Here's another thought; Don't use it if you don't need to.

As more time passes you will understand more and more. When you first quit you have to trust what others are telling you. As time passes you begin to see and feel the truths. The poison screwed us up my friend. Welcome back to the real world. You still have some hurdles, but your eyes are opening.

As the days go by you will be amazed at the world you uncover.

The only ones that understand this addiction are the ones with it. One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Proud to be quit with you.
This^^^^^^ is what brotherhood is about. Srans just lost a friend and he's right back strengthening a brothers quit. Doc, 32 days is quit awesomeness and you are more than worthy to give advice. You are doing what few others have the fortitude to accomplish! Quit on!
You're doing great!! Just remember to post roll every day and keep your promise for that day!! ODAAT and you'll be fine! Quitting with you
I don't want to hear you say you "don't feel worthy" to post around on here. What you just described, your feelings with the bond created through the site with srans and others on here is what it is ALL about. Yeah we fight and argue but you sir are worthy. You've developed relationships, posting roll and probably have that feeling inside that although it is your quit, something larger then you is holding you accountable everyday...

Same as said before I got rid of the fake stuff around day 40 or so, I don't use seeds or gum or anything anymore. I still battled it right up until the 80s. As long as you aren't putting the nic back in your mouth then take your time and work at your pace with coming off the fake. We won't force you to join Killtheseeds.org

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »
Quote from: sh4string
Haven't even considered caving. I hate the nic bitch with a passion!
Love that statement! I hate nicotine too. I hate, hate, hate this evil terrorist empire!

That being said I have two thoughts. You don't feel worthy to be giving advice? I call bull shit. We quit daily here. You have been a man of your word for over a month.

You are undefeated with nicotine in your fight. If you can post roll and be a man of your word...You are worthy to post comments, advise, rage, call for back up. Whatever it is, you quit today and you are worthy to participate.

One of my biggest mistakes was viewing KTC as a hospital. Once I got better, I would have to leave and go into the real world. Addiction is a disease that I compare to diabetes. There isn't a cure but treatments will help you live a good long life.

KTC is my daily treatment. I come and post roll and promise.

Crutches - already got great advice on that. Just participate more on the site and it will keep you going strong.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Thought I'd give a little update. Been quit 32 days and doing pretty well. Haven't even considered caving. I hate the nic bitch with a passion!
I think I'm doing pretty well considering I used for 36+ years but I don't want to get cocky or complacent. I know that the knowledge I have found on this site as well as the brotherhood has made my quit stronger.
I'm kinda concerned about my use of the crutches. I'm more gross now than I was when I used. I know that Smokey Mtn and seeds aren't as bad as nic in anyway but I am not gaining on the oral fixation thing.
I have found it hard to get involved at times in the site though. Don't really feel worthy to give anyone advice yet. I read a lot and sympathize with the newbies. Once in a while I feel compelled to throw my two cents in.
I find it amazing how much of a bond quitting this addiction can give us. For instance, srans has given me some good ol' "attaboy" advice and it made me feel that I really knew him. Then I saw that he was going through a hard time and my heart bled for him. This place is amazing!

BTW the other day I was in the quick stop that I always purchased my nic at and was stocking up on seeds and Smokey mtn and discussing how my quit was going with the gal behind the counter when a stranger walked up and asked how long I'd been quit. He was quit 2 years. It was like an instant bond.
QLF!
Great job. 32 days means your winning. Your right where you should be my friend. I started questioning my use of crutches right about the same time you are. Chunked the fake around day 40 and i think i used it one more time in the 70's. YOUR in control my friend. Here's a thought; use the fake if you need to. Here's another thought; Don't use it if you don't need to.

As more time passes you will understand more and more. When you first quit you have to trust what others are telling you. As time passes you begin to see and feel the truths. The poison screwed us up my friend. Welcome back to the real world. You still have some hurdles, but your eyes are opening.

The only ones that understand this addiction are the ones with it. One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Proud to be quit with you.
This^^^^^^ is what brotherhood is about. Srans just lost a friend and he's right back strengthening a brothers quit. Doc, 32 days is quit awesomeness and you are more than worthy to give advice. You are doing what few others have the fortitude to accomplish! Quit on!
You're doing great!! Just remember to post roll every day and keep your promise for that day!! ODAAT and you'll be fine! Quitting with you
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 08:55:00 PM »

QLF!

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
I'm only on day 9, but I want to be able to provide an update from day 32! One day at a time...
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »

QLF!

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »

QLF!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Doing a little better today. Thanks for the sage advice.
Quit with you all day long.
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
Thanks srans. You rock 'oh yeah'
I know everything you said is true and I am true to the quit, but it helps me rationalize everything to here you say it.
I have been lashing out at the kids last few days...little shits probably deserve it. But, as I am lashing, I here myself and think that I'm being a little over the top. Need to get a hold on that part of my life. Not their fault I used the nic bitch. (Is their fault they back talk though)
Anyway, srans, you said exactly what I needed to hear. How long were you a slave to the b?
Answer; 25 +. Way to long. Let me make a list of all the good things it did for me in those years. Here we go;

I'm sorry, i got nothing!
The emotional roller coaster is rough. I know we can't take time off being fathers and husbands but sometimes it's best to take a back seat when your able. Remember the wife and kids did not do this to you. Think about every situation and handle with care. You're wife and kids will like the new you, but while it's in the early phases take it easy. Realize your not able to handle everything like you were weeks ago. You'll be back and better than ever, but it will take time. Quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
Thanks srans. You rock 'oh yeah'
I know everything you said is true and I am true to the quit, but it helps me rationalize everything to here you say it.
I have been lashing out at the kids last few days...little shits probably deserve it. But, as I am lashing, I here myself and think that I'm being a little over the top. Need to get a hold on that part of my life. Not their fault I used the nic bitch. (Is their fault they back talk though)
Anyway, srans, you said exactly what I needed to hear. How long were you a slave to the b?
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
The last few days have been tuff. Not sure why but I'm about to go crazy switching from seeds to gum to mints to jerky to Smokey Mtn. Sores on my tongue and nothing seems to help calm me. Haven't even thought about chewing but would like to go a couple hours without having to put 6 different things in my mouth.
Great job. Keep doing what your doing. It took me about 3 to 4 weeks to begin getting over all the issues your having trouble with. I say again, BEGIN! Its part of it my friend. You add up the days you used you would probably need a calculator. You've only been quit a month.

It will get better quicker then you think. It just feels like time slows down for a while. When your having those shaky moments slow down. Take deep breaths. Remember that millions of people go through life and do it without the poison. We weren't meant to walk around led by a can.

Your building a new you. The new you is going to be one bad dude. He will handle this life, problems, stress and everything else you can throw at him without the poison. Trust me, your going to like the new you, all this is worth it.

One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
The last few days have been tuff. Not sure why but I'm about to go crazy switching from seeds to gum to mints to jerky to Smokey Mtn. Sores on my tongue and nothing seems to help calm me. Haven't even thought about chewing but would like to go a couple hours without having to put 6 different things in my mouth.
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
I'm 25 days into the rest of my life without nicotine. I finally figured out my power in my quit. It is to hate the nic bitch. I never thought of her that way until I came to KTC but I thought she was my friend, constant companion, helper, seductress. I thought I enjoyed being with her and being controlled by her. She was an evil whore that just wanted to kill me, take my money, lower my self-esteem and make my family take a back seat.
Now that I realize I hate that bitch...she will never touch me again.
I will eat every sunflower seed on the planet if that is what it takes!
Nic free forever....I quit!
First... Congrats on 25 days of quit badassery!

A good dose of hate will fuel ur quit today. Let it burn.

Just don't worry about forever. We just take care of today here. You control today.

I'm gonna hate that B along with you today. Quit on.
Doc, Derk is right. That is badass. I fueled my quit by hating the bitch. Still hate her, but have found myself lately laughing at her and how foolish she is. Not to take away from her masters degree in trickery, but when the light is switched on and you really see her for what she is, I just laugh. I think you have turned that light on. Quit on brother.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »
I'm 25 days into the rest of my life without nicotine. I finally figured out my power in my quit. It is to hate the nic bitch. I never thought of her that way until I came to KTC but I thought she was my friend, constant companion, helper, seductress. I thought I enjoyed being with her and being controlled by her. She was an evil whore that just wanted to kill me, take my money, lower my self-esteem and make my family take a back seat.
Now that I realize I hate that bitch...she will never touch me again.
I will eat every sunflower seed on the planet if that is what it takes!
Nic free forever....I quit!
First... Congrats on 25 days of quit badassery!

A good dose of hate will fuel ur quit today. Let it burn.

Just don't worry about forever. We just take care of today here. You control today.

I'm gonna hate that B along with you today. Quit on.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech